Pittsburgh, PA Lifeday 2007 UPDATED Dec 28 Read first post

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    EDIT WITH ALL THE UPDATES

It will be Saturday, Jan. 13, 2007, at the McKnight Road Holiday Inn (same place as last year).

SW costumes are encouraged so we can get a nice group shot to enter the NE FF awards and to put on the SWAP ComicCon Newsletter.

Price is $25.40. This includes tax and tip. Yeah, it went up from last year. Sorry. I've struggled to keep the price down, but for what we want (private room, nice dinner) This is what I could find. Send me a check, if you are going (PM for address) or pay at the dinner. (I'd rather have an advance pay, since I have to give the money to Holiday Inn in advance)

5:00 PM arrivial time

Be there by 5:30 and you could win a prize

Pre-dinner game will be the second annual Rock, Paper, Scissors competition. TRADMIC, who just learned how to play at the Dec. 2 meeting is very anxious to show off her new skills.

6:00PM Dinner is served.

After dinner, more games and the group costume photo.

Bring a wrapped, inexpensive gift for the Gift Grab Game, a 'regifted' gift is fine, goofy and weird gifts are even better. We played this last year, with me buying the gifts at the dollar store, but I'm trying to save for a house so I can't buy them this year. For those that aren't familiar with the game, everyone draws a number, then person #1 picks a gift and unwraps it. Person #2 picks a gift and unwraps it, but may either keep the gift (s)he unwrapped or trade it for person #1's gift. Person #3 gets to keep the gift (s)he unwraps, or trade for person #1 or #2. And so on, until everyone has taken a gift. Obviously, the higher the number the better.

TRADMIC will be making the 'pin the something on something' game (past pinning has included 'pin the tail on the nexu', 'pin the arm on Anakin' and 'pin the helmet on Vader.' TRADMIC will also bring the Caption game and some other paper games.

Greencat
    Bon Mothma
    JediGirl
    Fluke (2)
    Tradmic -- Paid
    Superchill -- Paid
    Darth Agony
    Mrs. Darth Agony
    Stina-Cri (2)
    MomMaster (5) Paid
    ZeroCool
    Ben ethus -- Paid
    Stateless -- Paid

2. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
  4. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  5. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    2 down for me. I'll leave the little one with a sitter that night.
  6. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    +2

Never been to one of these, but I'll be talking to y'all at the meeting about what we can bring.

:)
  7. Stina-Cri Jedi Master

star 4
    definitely me....let me say i might bring a guest...but that one is tenative...I'll let you know in a week or two whether or not I will be bringing a friend
  8. MomMaster Jedi Knight

star 2
    Probably 5 of us going.

You guys seem to be all from the south when it comes to dinner activities and meetings ect. So if I have to leave earlier that most, don't be offended!
  9. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    The turnpike is pretty close to the hotel if that matters at all?
  10. MomMaster Jedi Knight

star 2
    He,he, he, he ...from the South, not meant to be a distance reference.
  11. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, definitely seems to be a Southern culture influence (on me anyway). Get together, eat and talk for hours. :)
  12. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Here's who I have so far:

Greencat
    Bon Mothma
    Fluke (2)
    Rox (2)
    Tradmic (2)
    Darth Agony
    Mrs. Darth Agony
    Stina-Cri (tenative 2)
    MomMaster (5)
  13. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Go read the first post for all the details. Here's the short version

WHEN: Saturday, Jan. 13, 2007, 5 PM (be there by 5:30 and you could win a prize. Dinner served at 6 PM)

WHERE: McKnight Road Holiday Inn (same place as last year).

COST: $25.40, pay Greencat

WEAR: SW costumes are encouraged so we can get a nice group shot to enter the NE FF awards and to put on the SWAP ComicCon Newsletter. See Lifeday costume thread for details on this.

GAMES: Pre-dinner game will be the second annual Rock, Paper, Scissors competition. After dinner, more games including Pin the Something on Something (provided by this year by TRADMIC)

BRING: A wrapped, inexpensive gift for the Gift Grab Game, a 'regifted' gift is fine, goofy and weird gifts are even better. Cost range is a dollar or two (think Dollar Store stuff)

SECRET SANTA: See the Secret Santa thread
  14. Plagious Jedi Knight

star 1
    From MomMaster: Could we please take the pics early? So we can change and get comfortable?
  15. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sure, as soon as everyone is there.
  16. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Terry and Ginger will not be able to make Lifeday this year. :( They just have too much going on with other stuff right now. They do have secret santa gifts and I will get those and bring them, and I'll also find out soon what their lists are.
  17. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's too bad they can't join us. :( I'll call today and change the number, its still a week before so we should still be able to do so without being charged.

18. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    I actually can't come either,
    i have a 4 hour mid term on Monday, which I am SO not ready for, and a paper due Monday too...so sorry, but i am studying allllll weekend.
  19. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry to hear that you can't make it.

Does anyone else who wasn't previously planning on coming want to take Jedigirl's spot? CernStormRunner or anyone else? If so and if it works out with greencat, then it would cost $25.
  20. ZeroCool69 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I will be there, but, as it seems to always happen, I will have to come straight from work. So, no costume for me. Sorry. I should hopefully be there 5:30, but almost definately by 6.
  21. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    WARNING: You have the right to wear a costume. If you do not have a costume, one will be provided at no monitary but considerable emotional expense.

22. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    I just noticed Brian and I were left off the most recent listing of people. Are you tryin' to tell us something? :p
  23. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes, I'm a twit. [face_blush] Sorry for not listing you.

Jedigirl, since you are doing Secret Santa, please make arrangements to get your gift to Lifeday. Also, I'm sorry to hit up a poor college student, but unless someone else jumps in to your spot, I still need the money. dlocke might come and if he does, then that would cover you.

We are past the deadline for giving the hotel the number of folks at the dinner. Payment must be made for the number we committed to (19).

24. MomMaster Jedi Knight

star 2
    Bring it to work and change at the dinner?
  25. Mrs_Darth_Agony Jedi Knight

I just want everyone to know, that once and for all Chris and I will be there tomorrow night. I spoke with greencat yesterday to make her aware that we may need to cancel. Seeing as I had to go tell my grandmother goodbye for the very last time shortly after talking to her, I don't see how I'm mustering the strength to even show up. I guess it's just the mom in me coming through 'cuz those of you who are also a mom know that you'll do anything for your kids no matter what. I just wanted everyone to know that we'll still be there. I am feeling the heat coming from my family, as this is a time when family should come first.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.