LIFEDAY 2008

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by TRADMIC, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Ross Recreation Center
    Saturday Jan. 12, 2008
    5 PM, dinner starts at 6
    Hawaiian Theme!

Who's planning on attending?

Who's bringing what:

decor/music: greencat, tradmic
    drinks: bonmothma
    party tray-wings: tradmic

we need side dishes, desserts, games...

:)

2. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Those weren't rhetorical questions folks! Mark your calanders, find a Hawaiian shirt, plan what you are bringing and post it on this thread :)

Its only fun if you come!
  3. Rebojazz Jedi Knight

star 1
    I do believe I'll be able to make it. I'll se if Mike wants to go as well.

I can bring some snacks...(candy!).

Cheers
  4. SuperChill Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'll bring a cake and a game. I have alot of ideas for both of these.
  5. Professor Moriarty Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll be there. I've been kind of a social heel lately and have hardly made time for anyone but me. Lifeday seems like the best time to see all of SWAP.
  6. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Not many folks have RSVP about this. If we want to have this, we need to know very soon that people are coming.

7. xm41 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will be there. A few other members of the Trek group expressed interest in coming as well. Nobody is really thinking much beyond Xmas st this point.

Ron
  8. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    What is the deadline to RSVP by? I am not sure if I can make it yet.
  9. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    I dont think i can come, I have to be back in Erie the next day to pretend Im engaged :D
  10. CernStormrunner Jedi Master

star 4
    I am so there its not even funny.
  11. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4

:confused:
  12. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We're only about 2 weeks away from lifeday. Need to know for sure who is coming! Remember, its only fun if you come.

13. xm41 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I plan on attending. I got a few people that might like to come from the trek group. They need to know how much it will cost per person. I really wish I could give you a better head count right now.

Ron
  14. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Its covered dish, so the main contribution will be bringing something to eat. (side dishes, main dishes.) Also , bring a wrapped 'dollar store' present for one of our games. (the sillier the better)

A couple of dollars to cover cost of decorations/favors would also be spiffy.

15. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3

oh, haha...there is a Wedding convention here so my friends and I are going
  16. Mrs_Darth_Agony Jedi Knight

Sorry guys.. I forgot all about this for one thing but we won't be able to make it regardless for two reasons.
    #1 ... there is no way Chris's mom would be willing to babysit a 3 week old and a 4 year old .. check here for pics :) http://www.flickr.com/photos/21142735@N05/
    #2 we're gonna be broke :( stinkin $52 ems tax that the city will undoubtedly take out of Chris's paycheck since it's the first one of the year. It would be nice if they broke it up and took $1 a week or something so it didn't hurt so bad but they don't care about that, they just want their money.
    I will be so glad when he no longer works in Pittsburgh and we don't have that extra tax the first pay of each year.
  17. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Cute pictures! Do try to get away occasionally, for your own good.

You don't have to be in Pittsburgh to get socked with that tax. In little old New Castle, where I work at my choir job, I get hit with it, too. You're supposed to be exempt if you make less than $12,000, but they somehow are able to take ALL of your income into account - not just what you make in the city.

Meanwhile, for my main job, it's still just $10 (I could get that much back since I'm being taxed twice, but somehow, it doesn't seem worth the effort.).
  18. CernStormrunner Jedi Master

star 4
    well looks like I'm not going to make it

my gramma in west virginia fell and broke her hip so my dad and i are going to see her friday night, and probably wont be back til sunday

19. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I am not going to be able to make it this year :(
  20. dlocke Jedi Knight

star 1
    So if I have this right, according to this post this is everyone who is yay or nay for showing up & what they are bringing. Am I missing anybody? This list seems way too light compared to previous years.. People.. Its only fun if you come..

Will be attending.
    TRADMIC : decor/music, party tray-wings
    greencat336 : decor/music
    BonMothma : drinks
    SuperChill : cake/games
    dlocke : games/?
    Rebojazz : snacks/candy
    Professor Moriarty
    xm41

Will NOT be attending.
    Fluke_Groundrunner
    Jedigirl514
    Mrs_Darth_Agony

If you plan on attending or not and I missed speak now or forever hold something...
  21. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We are going to order pizza for the 'main course' so everyone bring a few dollars. Also snacks and desserts. :)

22. xm41 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm gonna stop at KFC and get a couple buckets of chicken. Whatever $20 will get me. I just paid off my car and house insurance this month so I'm a bit low on cash.

Ron
  23. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmm. Are you familiar with what happens to SWAP members when our cars are finally paid for?
  24. xm41 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm aware what happened to Bonnie's car. Are there other SWAP auto tragedies I don't know about?

Ron
  25. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    I wasn't the only person to have a major car catastrophe last year. Zerocool had problems, and TRADMIC and Superchill seem to be very cursed lately.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.