Lifeday Party News!!

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by Saberpilot, Dec 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    Sal ~ if needed we will pick ya up ;) won't be a party with out ya ;)

Also ~ are we paying for the t-shirts at the party?
  2. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, I know you would be making a sacrifice to pick me up since I'm in the complete opposite direction of you and the party. I'll call you folks tonight about that.

On another note, yes, I need to collect money for t-shirts.

I will post another thread for members who want t-shirts, please do not respond to that in this thread.
  3. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Sal I can pick you up. It would probably be better for me to so the 66's do not have to make the trip. I come down route 60 anyway.
  4. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the offer Terry, but it turns out Carrie is going to be in the area and it won't be a far trip afterall. We worked out the ride situation tonight.
  5. Shattered81 Jedi Padawan

I dont know if ill be able to come. Im kinda nervous about meeting new people and everything and it will be all dressy and stuff. Not my type of thing but ill think about it.
  6. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Heya Shattered, hope you decided to come. If you don't have a costume, "Dressy" doesn't necessarily mean a Tux ;) Part of the origin for this party was a random group discussion about fancy high school dances like Homecoming and Prom and how fun it would be to have one of our own. So, IMHO slacks and a nice sweater or dress shirt/jacket would be fine . . .

As for meeting all of us, I think that we are a pretty open and friendly group.

Hmmmmm, since I was one of the first in the group, I don't really have a good perspective of what its like meeting us for the first time? What do the rest of you think about what it was like encountering the group for the first time????

7. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    meeting everone for the first time????......hhhmmmm...so you like adventures?????? :D j/k

as for dress = as long as you are clean and your close aren't ripped up and dirty = U R good to go
  8. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Just wanted to add that Nick is coming, so expect two from my next of the woods.
  9. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

I did get the 11th off work, but it appears as if the Shewskinator and myself will be representin' at a Star Wars CCG tourney that afternoon. If the partay runs from 5 - 10, I may be able to pop in after I'm done getting beat on like a sissy girl at the tourney.

So, question: If the tourney runs real late, would it be at all possible to just swing by, say howdy, pay Sal for my shirt, and then jet without having to drop down a 10 buck entrance fee?

I'm hoping that things'll be wrapped up before 5, such that I can hang out and get some grub (in which case I'd gladly drop down 10 bucks), but I just don't know how long things'll last.

On the bonus side, the venue is apparently no more than 5 miles from my illustrious pad, so it's not like I have to travel real far to get there. Thanks, Whitney! 8-}

At any rate, that's where things stand for me. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it out there and see you guys again.

*crosses fingers*

At the very least, as long as it's not a problem, I'll show up and pay for the shirt, that way I don't have to run down to Oakland.

Side note: in regards to meeting everybody for the first time at once...

As many of you may recall, the DVD party we had back in November was the first time I encountered any of you in reality. (Well, technically I was running around like a moron at the AOTC IMAX event, asking random people where Terry was at, but that doesn't really count.) So I can't think of anyone more qualified to describe the experience for another new guy.

Meeting everybody wasn't all that terrifying, I have to say. After the ritualistic beating you guys made me go through when I first got there, the notorious "Paddy Whack Machine" afterwards, and then the friendly "How-Do-Ya-Do Face Punch" (administered by each person individually) it was smooth sailing. Everyone was real friendly, fun, and I only got bitten three times. [face_mischief]

So there you have it. The "New Guy" experience. In a nutshell.

I'll see you all (hopefully for more than a minute or two) on Saturday.

Till then,
    Yours Truly
  10. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You only got bitten three times??? Okay, who was slacking off that day?
    [face_devil]
  11. jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    Well,my first time meeting everyone was ...well kinda two times,1st-at the Comicon last April and 2 months (I think) later at a meeting,which at that time was our 1st max'd...all 9 of us,needless to say we've grown since then.
    But to get back to the subject,it was (and still is)AWESOME as (as Master Sal will attest)I've not ever had REAL SW friends.
    So by all means,please do come Shattered.Let go all your doubts,fears,etc. and come.
  12. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    I GOT A KARAKOE MACHINE

Well, kind of ~ It's just a little one with a mic and stuff = one problem = it only has a tape deck and AM/FM radio ~ no CD player = so if you want to sing anything in particular = please put it on a tape. I will also bring my CD player for other music (I'm not sure if the mic would work with this one or not)

as for the $10 = it is my understanding that is for the meal (but I could be wrong)
  13. Heilo Jedi Padawan

We bring the cash with us and pay at the door, right? No RSVP'ing in any way?
  14. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    you only need to RSVP on the boards and bring your $ with you

we need all who are coming to RSVP so I know how many "party favors" to bring = if you don't RSVP = no favor
  15. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I got Top Gun on cassette any one wanna be Goose?

Um what do we need or want as decorations? So me and the littlest sith Just kidding chad, can have something figured out.
  16. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's my RSVP and Tom, I'll be Goose.
  17. DarthDahc Jedi Master

star 3
    Yes some suggestions on decorations are needed
  18. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Great who gets the Charlie's spot? To the unknowned thats a girl by the way.

Just a few things I've thought of for decorations in the 10 minutes since I talked to master. Keeping in mind they have to be quick up and down and at least for me CHEAP!

1-christmas lights-the white ones maybe strung up like stars.
    2- The big cardboard cut outs if anyone has any they would bring.
    3-Astro turf dance floor- sounds stupid I know but in one of the Wraith books they dance on a painted feild Alderrannian style. This one is up to any one with a square of it We used to have one until it got ratty and met the burn pile.
    4-Really odd one- if our own Royal Guards are going in "uniform" maybe they could stand at the door for the beginning opening whatever.

Opinions wanted and appreciated.
  19. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Sorry to put a damper on things, but at the party I need to collect money for the Domain Name registration for 2003. It is $28.00 for the next 2 years. Out domain expires in 14 days, you think the website host would have warned me alot sooner. [face_plain]
  20. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I will gladly contribute to help keep the website up. Rox, are you still going to change the domain name? I thought that you had an offer or something? If so, pittsburghstarwars.com should be available and sounds good to me.
  21. jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    Same here,w/o hesitation.

corran,you wanna use stand-ups?I have a Mace Windu and Mrs has a Qui-Gon (easy GC...easy does it)
  22. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm just curious... will the Steeler game be viewed at the Lifeday party?
  23. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    I plan on at least listening to the game = can't go with out 'em ;) = if the radio will not work in the hall = I will be adjourning to the van for approximately 4 hours (anyone who wishes can join me) ;)

as for decorations = sounds pretty good to me.
  24. Stina-Cri Jedi Master

star 4
    we could watch it though it depends on the channel...wait...the party is on sat, don't the steelers play on sunday?
  25. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nope steelers play saturday i beleieve.

Qui and Mace would be cool. If you could please. Um now the astro turf any one wanna raid a sports arena?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.