main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lifeline - (Jaina/Jag Fic - COMPLETED - Last update: 02/19 )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Eldritch009, Oct 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Ok, here's my attempt to try and entertain some of you with a story of mine. I began it shortly after RUIN came out. Let me know what you think and enjoy it.

Editted by Melyanna, PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL & the Mysterybeta-er. Thank you for reading, editting and putting up with my silly gathering of lines that I dare call a fic.

For those who don't wish to go through all these pages, here are the pagenumbers for the chapters. They're links, so you'll directly go to the page:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 14, 16, 18, 21, 24, 31, 35, 38, 52, 56, 58, 65, 67, 71, 76, 78, 80, 83, 85, 90, 91, 94, 96, 98, 101,
    102, 105, 108, 109 .

[color=red]
    Disclaimer (like you care): The usual legal stuff does [b]not[/b] entirely apply to this fic. This is something that I dreamed up so most of it is mine. I used characters, names, places and a few lines from the official books & movies and to [i]that[/i], the legal stuff does apply. Lucas may own a lot but he doesn't own my mind and the fiction it produces.[/color]
    :|
    [hr]

[b]--==CHAPTER 1 - "Encounter in Deep Space"==--[/b]

The Unknown Regions. A stretch of uncharted space from the Tingel Arm to as far as the Ssi-Ruuk Cluster

2. pixy_girl53

pixy_girl53 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    There is only one thing to say: POST MORE SOON! :D

3. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Hey Eldritch! Great start! :) Keep it up. I love how you've done Jag.

4. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Ack! I'm being acknowledged as a beta! Nice work, Eldritch! I love the title!

I guess this means that I need to get the last section you sent me back to you soon, doesn't it? :D

5. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    LOL! Yes it does. :)

Nah, take your time. That way, I have a great excuse for when posts are demanded.
    "Whatta ya mean, 'post more??'. Talk to my beta" :D

6. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Nice try, Eldritch. We all know it's just laziness on your part.

Seriously, though, I'll get it to you sometime next week. But I happen to know that you've got more than this ready to go. :D

7. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Shhhhhhhhh!!! :)

8. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    You're really going to enjoy having me as a beta. I can give away all your secrets...

Just kidding! I would never dream of giving away any of the stories that I'm beta-reading for. :)

9. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Thank the maker that I didn't send you any of the main plot yet, then. :)

For anyone else reading....this story will be long. Very long. Some of the posts might have a week in between (I'm not as quick as Melyanna, Womp or any other writer on the boards), but I'll try to keep it at a minimum.

10. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    ::eek:ut of breath, running into thread::

jaina/jag? jaina/jag? wherewherewhere?
    OH! Here! :D :p

To be serious, now, a great opening! I like to see jaina/jag stuff that cones from jags POV. that was interesting...so this is taking place right after balance point?

11. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    JoM: Yep. Thanks for joining in! And the same goes for Adi_Gallia_9 and Pixy_Girl53. Welcome!

12. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Eldritch, don't compare your posting habits to mine. I'm a freak of nature. :D

In all seriousness, though, look at RebelMom. She's one of the most popular writers here, and there was nearly a month between her last two posts. Now, I wouldn't recommend that kind of spacing at the beginning of a piece, but if the writing is good, people will stick around.

13. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    I won't....I decided that I need a reload 'button' before I post again. :)

14. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Meany.

:D

15. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Oh, alright then. Here's the second chapter. :)

--==CHAPTER 2 - "Home and Away"==--

Jaina Solo entered the apartment the family owned on Coruscant. In the main living area she threw her backpack on the floor and slumped down in one of the seats. The view from the huge windows was stunning. Originally, Orowood Tower had been build as an enclave for Alderaanian refugees when that world had been destroyed, all those years ago. Pictures of the world hung on the wall above her. She might have liked it there, she thought, as she looked out to the planetwide city.

But anything is better that this monstrosity of a city.

She longed to take a bath and then sleep for hours. Ever since she had come back from Duro, she hadn?t gone from her mother?s side. Almost mortally wounded by the Yuuzhan Vong, her mother now received bacta treatment in a medical facility not far from the Orowood Tower. She had tried to convince her father to come with her but he wouldn?t leave his wife?s side. Finally, the medical staff had prepared a room for him, right next to Leia?s.
    Jacen and Anakin were both on their way to Yavin, to protect the students. Ever since the offer of the Yuuzhan Vong Warmaster Tsavong Lah, to stop their advancement in return for the lives of all the Jedi, people were attacking Jedi, trying to capture or kill them. Jaina knew that she should get off-planet as soon as possible. Her face was too widely known and it was only a matter of time before someone would recognize and try to capture her. She had already made arrangements to depart for Yavin in the morning. She had taken a leave of absence for an unknown period of time from her unit, Rogue Squadron. The unit?s commander, Gavin Darklighter, had given it immediately. He knew her life was in danger, even more so than being on the squadron ever would be.

She sighed deeply and stood. She picked up the backpack and walked up the stairs to the second level where the bedrooms were located. She entered her own room and threw it on the bed. Then she undressed and went into the bathroom at the end of the hall. Half an hour later she emerged, refreshed for the moment.
    She laid down on the bed after putting the backpack and her clothes on one of the chairs that occupied the room. She flicked the vidscreen on with a remote and pulled some pillows behind her back. She watched the latest developments on the screen for some time and fell in a deep dreamless sleep during one of the gossip programs that speculated on her mother?s well being.

The following morning she woke from the cold. She was still lying on top of the covers, the pillows had spread all over the bed. Groggily she sat up and made her way to the refresher station in a corner of the room. She looked at her image in the mirror and stuck her tongue out at the sight. Her hair was slowly growing back to a length acceptable for public appearance. It had been cut off on Duro to avoid infections that were spreading throughout the refugee population. Even her mother?s long and beautiful hair had been cut.
    She washed herself thoroughly and dressed into civilian clothes. It felt weird at first, not wearing military clothing or coveralls, and she fidgeted a little at the long skirt that whirled around her legs. When she viewed the final result in the mirror she made a face. She looked her age now. All she now needed was some makeup. If she was going to travel the streets as a young woman, she better put some on. She hated it. The sticky lipstick, the eye-dye?she felt like a doll for a three year old instead of a young woman, dressed for another day at work. The end result, while pretty, was something that was absolutely not her. All the better.
    She stuffed her coveralls, lightsaber and toolbelt in the backpack and closed the door behind her. In the living area she took one last look around and then left the apartment.

She made it in good time. She approached the gate behind which the barracks stood where her squadron would be stationed when on-planet. Today it seemed deserted, aside

16. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Yay! Good! Thank you! Im guessing this is AU, since its not fitting in with the EoV stuff...oh well, thats fine, its what fanfic's about! Making your own story!

Oh yeah, please dont wait like Rebelmom did...a month between each posts...thats only a good idea if the story has been going on for around a year...like RebelMom's. So in other words...more soon!

17. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I love this already! More please. :)

18. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    JadedofMara: Nah, I won't take THAT long between posts. And there's a little bit that I wrote in advance so there's no 'drought' for the coming week(s). In the meantime, I'm expanding it. But the process is slow, I don't like to rush the story along. Mistakes can creep in and such. Thank god for beta's. And yes, it's AU. I started writing after Jag was introduced in RUIN and found the ending from BP more fun to put together with him and start from there.

Freya: First of all, thanks for joing in.
    Second...I'm working on it. Maybe Mondaynight.
    Third...hmm..still no reload button. :)

19. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Good second post, Eldritch! You have a good handle on Jaina's character, like how she normally doesn't wear make-up.

20. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Would you believe that I just wrote it and didn't even think another moment about it? :)

21. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Wahey, another Jaina/Jag story. :D You can never have too many. Great job, Eldritch!

22. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Okidoki...here's another chapter. Pretty long too, I think, so that should keep you busy for a while.

Sticks: Welcome. :)

--==CHAPTER 3 - "Father and Son"==--

Jag entered the system without encountering any more problems. He approached the planet that he had called home for as long as he lived. His comm unit crackled and a sophisticated voice sounded in his ears.

?Approaching fighter. We have you on our scanners. Destination??
    He gave them the proper codes and corrected his approached when asked.

?Continue along your current trajectory and follow the beacons in. We have reserved docking platform three, slot six for you. Control out.?

He continued the approach and drove into the atmosphere of the lush planet. He broke through the clouds and continued the straight flightpath that brought him to an area just outside the city on his left.
    He noticed that the landing site was right next to the emergency equipment hangar. He saw several tiny figures near the building, watching his approach. He came to a stop above the designated spot and hovered. Slowly he let the fighters descend and touched down without so much as a bump. Immediately the people approached the fighter and waited for him to climb out. 4 blue-skinned Chiss stood at attention as he hopped down. He straightened his body and returned it. Then one of them stepped out of the line and took 1 step before the others. Jag approached him.

?Sir. Your father would like to see you at once. Please follow.?

The alien turned sharply, as did the rest. Jag adjusted his step to theirs and they quickly took him to the Command Center, situated to the side of the Control Tower. They entered the building. Even after all these years, Jag marveled at the structure. In the middle was a huge Operations-Center which could be observed unobstructed from every angle due to the floor-to-ceiling glass. In a circle around it were the offices, spaced every 15 meters. The whole building had been constructed like an arena and was dimly lit. He was taken to one of the offices where they waited in front of the double doors. A moment later the doors parted and he stepped through, leaving his companions behind him. His father was seated in a command chair behind a huge desk, which seemed oddly out of place. Jag stepped right up to the desk and saluted. His father stood and returned it. Then he motioned to a chair in front of the desk.

?Sit.?

Jag sat down and kept his eyes on his fathers face. He studied it for a moment. It was expressionless, save for the black patch over his right eye. It seemed that his hair and goatee had grayed a little more during his absence. He waited until spoken to, which wasn?t a long wait.

?You caused quite a stir when your squadron showed up without its leader. Report.?

Jag should have guessed. No familiarity, no emotion. Not even an inquiry about his well-being. He gave his report in the same cold style that his father had used towards him.

?In all fairness to Admiral Pellaeon, he did lend me tools and equipment to go on my way and bring this news to you. He asked me to give his regards to you?, he finished.
    That last actually brought a slight smile to his fathers face.

?I bet that good old Gilad was just waiting to get his hands on one of our fighters. I trust that no one has been able get inside??

?None.?

?Good. Anything else??

?Yes, Sir, there is. Just before I left, Admiral Pellaeon personally came down to bring me the most disturbing news. It appears that the Yuuzhan Vong are offering a truce on the condition that each and every Jedi is brought to them. Alive or otherwise.?
    Surprise crept onto his fathers face after hearing that news.

I can still surprise you if I must, father.

?Have they, now. How interesting. And how did the New Republic respond to this?.?truce???

?Unknown. Permission to speak freely, Sir??
    His father nodded, absentmindedly stroking his goatee.

?Sir?father, we already know that the Empire is next to none existing. Only a couple of systems, m

23. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

24. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Hurray!!! A new post! I love it!!!

25. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Great work, you're a good writer. :)