main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lifeline - (Jaina/Jag Fic - COMPLETED - Last update: 02/19 )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Eldritch009, Oct 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Okay, the name of the male Chiss might change but let's let's get this show on the road. :)

--==CHAPTER 44 ? ?The Battle for Filuud - Recon? ==--
    Edited June 18th

Cattam?ado?nuruodo, Amado in short, and leader of Spike Squadron in Jag Fel?s absence, felt slightly bored while making the sixth pass around Lipadun IV. The moon, orbiting farthest away from Lipuut, was passing Filuud, and, undoubtedly, it would make a spectacular view from the surface of Lipadun III, as it passed through a half eclipse of the sun.

Amado did not have to tell his wingmate to stay in close formation as he adjusted his course and headed for Lipuut to end his shift. She would automatically correct without being told. Aside from that, they had made this run for weeks now. The whole squadron could do it in their sleep.

He liked not having to explain every decision to his fellow Chiss colleagues, unlike the humans, who annoyingly, and predictably, questioned the decisions made by the leader of a squadron. Humans were erratic. They did not think, only act, and asked questions or laid blame after the deed was done. His superior, Colonel Fel, was a human but as far as Amado knew, Fel was the only human unaffected by typical human behavior. He did, however, think that the Jedi Solo was influencing Colonel Fel.

Lately, Jag Fel had been easily distracted by her presence, and Amado, out of loyalty to a superior and a personal friend, had not reported it. Yet.

But it was becoming quite clear that Colonel Fel?s affection had switched from commanding his squadron to a distracted state of mind from the moment the Jedi woman set foot on the planet. Amado had made up his mind about how to proceed by the time he programmed his clawfighter for a direct descent through Lipuut?s atmosphere. He would speak with Colonel Fel as soon as he was able. The distraction had to stop, and soon, or the coming battle would be over before a single shot was fired. Yes, he would speak with the Colonel and then, right after, would inform Hi...

?Spike Two to Spike One.?

?This is Spike One, what is it?? Amado replied, his unemotional voice sounding metallic and impersonal.

?Lieutenant, an anomaly appeared close to the star. Request permission to investigate.?

Amado?s red eyes quickly went to his viewscreen, where a tiny blip now blinked at the edge of the screen.

?Denied. Industrial waste, probably,? he said. Like many planets all over the galaxy, Lipuut used a surface-to-space system, a cheap, effective and harmless method, to shoot its waste into the sun, where it would burn up. A steady stream of airtight containers was boosted up from the surface, giving it enough acceleration to reach the star.

?With all due respect, Lieutenant, I do not think so. Its location is too much off the waste lane.?

Amado frowned and called up the trajectory of the ?waste lane?, as it was called by the locals, and found his second in command to be correct. It was off course. Very much so. Without hesitation he pulled up from his descent and took his clawfighter back into space.

?Two, on me. Three, call it in; then take the rest of the squadron and have a look on the other side.?

He heard two clicks and, apart from his wingmate, the rest of the sqaudron veered off. In silence they flew towards the anomaly but before they reached it, it disappeared.

?Continue,? Amado said.

The canopy of his cockpit darkened gradually when they closed the distance to the sun, and he silenced a radiation alarm. His clawcraft protected him quite well for any sort of radiation, but the comm gave static when the solar rays interfered too much. He killed it, knowing that his wingmate had done the same. He looked to his right, squinting his red eyes against the glare of the sun as it passed by. Long minutes ticked away on his chrono. Then a small blue light flickered twice, indicating that his wingmate was signaling him again. He re-enabled the comm.

?Sir... I register two small vessels.?

Amado?s eyes

2. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Whoa GO ELD! Glad ur back! bringing the imps in on the chiss... this is going to be interesting... to bad about Palleon, he always seemed okay to me!

3. ShortySC22

ShortySC22 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2002
    OH wow, once again, you've filled me with so many questions, with the first one being, when's the next one? Good job ^_^

4. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    JAGSGURL15: Who said Pellaeon has arrived? This is Commander Kamp.. one mean son of a... ;)
    BTW, I killed off Pellaeon chapters ago. he ain't breathin' no more.

ShortySC22: When's what? And what are the questions? You have about two chapters to answer and I might be able to tie everything up as should be. I thought I had it covered but some stuff is bound to get through the cracks. ;)

Eld.

5. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Yes. I remember your killing off of Pellaeon. ;) But hey, you know I killed off and will kill off lots of others.

This still has kick, Eld.

6. Eariwien_Starsong

Eariwien_Starsong Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2003
    Go Eld! W00T! Even after so long, you haven't gotten rusty. I really liked the chapter. Kinda curious, though, as to why the Empire's after the Chiss. But, I must ask, when's the next chapter!? Good work, only 2 more to go (and you've got to post them before this Thursday or else I won't be able to R&R until the Thursday after that!)
    Namarie
    ~Eariwien

7. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Eariwien_Starsong: The Empire is after the Chiss because they know that the Chiss are helping the Jedi and because they were cheated out of capturing a SSD. Remember those ships that they let go when the Inimitable was captured? Well... those guys got back home and told all about it. And their leader was killed there. And Pellaeon. Let's say... the Empire has a grudge and is coming to collect. ;)

It's been a long time since that chapter was read so you might have forgotten. :)

Eld.

8. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    The Imps are here!! :D Woohoo!!! I mean there... Whatever... Go Imps,go!!! Gotta love the Empire... [face_love] ;)

Great one ;)

9. Eariwien_Starsong

Sep 19, 2003
    Thanks for the reminder, Eld. It has been a while since I read all this, I'll have to find time to reread all of it. Anyway, UP! BTW, I really look forward to the close and also dread it cause this is SUCH an awesome story! W00T! I'm a waste of oxygen, I know. I'll go now. Namarie!

10. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Dang it, just when I had wrapped my brain around the idea of the Empire being allies Eld had to go start posting again and now they are bad guys again :p

11. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    ;)

Well, from the look of it, I might have to wait until I get "Survivor's Quest", in which the nine house names + colors are explained. Unless someone has this book, and can provide me with names + color's and some background, the next post will be held off for a bit.
    Otherwise I have to come back and edit it all again, by which time no one reads it anyway and the story is back in the depths of the forum.

Anyone who has this books and can help with the Chiss names, please PM me.

Eld.

12. JaegerGhent

JaegerGhent Jedi Master star 5

Jan 5, 2002
    Ahh, the Empire. :D

Great post. I shall now wait impatiently as always. ;)

13. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    Darn. Now I'm tempted to go buy the hardcover just so I can help Eld :(

14. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    back to the old bumping routine

15. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    The online store assures me that they got my payment and that the books are on their way. Soon we will resume. My beta seems to be unable to send back the last few revisions, though. :(

Eld.

16. Eariwien_Starsong

Sep 19, 2003
    It's okay, Eld, we forgive you. I almost bought the hardcover version of Survivor's Quest on Sunday from the Tatooine Trader--the gift shop in Disney-MGM studios at the exit of Star Tours, the Star Wars ride! I was so EXCITED!!!! They had Star Wars t-shirts and keychains and legos and toys and books and everything else that you can imagine (EVEN STAR WARS SHOT GLASSES!!!) Now I wish I would have bought the book, though. That, and I also wish that I would have bought the picture we took with my face in Padme's body, because it was so cool! Anyway, I can't help you any, but I just wanted to share with you that if anybody ever goes to Disney World they should go to Star Tours in Disney-MGM and see the shop and the ride. It's awesome!!!! Anyway, I hope your book comes soon, Eld. UP!

17. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    So do I! I got a message from the bookstore that the book hasn't been available to them yet, since the release date was April. They'll get it, though. If it takes too long, I'll write the original ending and let it go. I want it finished because it's bene going on way too long. :)

Eld.

18. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
  19. Eariwien_Starsong

Sep 19, 2003
    IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry, I'm excited. And you only turn 17 once in a lifetime!!! Anyway, UP! Talk to you all later!!!

20. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Oh, in that case I have to warn you to the 18+ restriction on this story. I wish you a happy birthday, dearest, and see you one year from now. ;)

Nonsense, of course. :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Eld.

21. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    i just finished reading this story..... and i love the way you wrote it.... i hope you post more soon! Its a really good story

22. tiyax

tiyax Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003
    Back to the upping routine...

23. Eariwien_Starsong

Sep 19, 2003
    Okay, Eld, I have the book, but I haven't gotten to read it just yet. I've had school and then last night my grandfather was killed. So I'm going to try and read it but I don't know if I can. Right now things are kind of tough, but I'll see what I can do for you. Lotsa love for everyone in the thread and pray for my family! Namarie.
    ~Eariwien

24. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    My sincere condolances on the loss of your grandfather. I wish you and your family all the best for the coming difficult time.

Don't worry about the story, that's trivial right now.

Eld.

25. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Sorry to hear that Eariwien :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.