main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lifeline - (Jaina/Jag Fic - COMPLETED - Last update: 02/19 )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Eldritch009, Oct 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    No, not a post. Yet. It'll be here shortly, I promise. I just want to ask you all to bare with me here. :)

EDIT: And of course, because I found this on page 5 (!!!!!!!!!), I'm upping it. :D

2. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Yeah, yeah, blame it on the beta. ;)

For your information, my life has gone slightly crazy this week, so I'm having a hard time keeping up with school, my social life (!), the three stories I'm writing, and my beta work for this board and the archive. I will get things to Eldritch as soon as I can.

3. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    up

-----------
    "Whats he that thinkests so? My cousin Westmorland?....."

--and so begins one of Shakespeare's greatest speeches.

4. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup! :D

5. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    "Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more!"

That would be the only line I know of that speech from Henry V.

6. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Everytime I up something, I wonder how many people exitedly come in thinking there is a new post. ?[face_plain] ;)

7. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    In this thread? Only 5. :)

8. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    just read the whole fic so far. Great job, and I'll be back after this watching for more.

And Freyja, I always come in immediately after an up (assuming I'm at my computer) because of the Active Topic Notifications I have set. Which this one already has, btw.
    There's a reason why I have nearly 14000 messages in my deleted box since mid-August!

9. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Only five? I'm willing to bet there are a few lurkers in here. :)

10. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    there are always some lurkers. And the five goes up to six with the addition of me

11. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    up. up. UP!

--------------------------

"Oh, but did we have but one mere thousand of those men in England that do no work this day." __ Westmorland (Henry V)

12. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    Yeah, so I'm a lurker (guilty) but I'm a new, corruptible lurker. And may I join the non-lurkers with the time honored greeting of UP!!

13. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I like this.

14. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    up for easy access!

15. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Ok, here's me again. Yes, finally, a post. I hope you enjoy this one. Sorry for the delay. I wanted to wait because I wrote replacement chapter for this one. Then I figured I could use it after this one, too.
    But first I'll hand out the thank you's and such.

Melyanna: You just take your time. I kinda like it when I don't have to post. I can do other stuff, like read other stories. :cool:

Freya: I fall for that on a daily bases. :)

Rogue...Jedi: Welcome! I'm honored, having you here. :)

SaberBlade: Also welcome. And thanks for the up!

Rebelmom: Thank you! And welcome, too!

--==Chapter 6 - "The Talk"==--

Jaina took them up to the main floor, where the guest quarters were situated. She showed them into one of the larger rooms where a refresher station stood in a corner. A cooling unit and a heater were off to the side, where the guests could prepare something to eat while they waited.
    Usually, only transports with food and supplies came to the Academy. Those pilots only waited until their cargo had been unloaded and left. Uncle Luke had insisted on making room for them, if they ever had to stay overnight in case of repairs or just to relax. When she was done showing them their quarters she turned and started to leave. She opened the door when his voice stopped her.

?What happened to you??, he asked softly.
    She slowly turned around to face him.

?What??
    His hand went up to his hair and pulled it. She touched her own short hair.

?Oh. That. Long story.?
    Jag crossed his arms and cocked an eyebrow.

?Long wait. I?m not going anywhere. Please??
    He gestured invitingly to a couple of chairs and walked over. He pulled one towards him and sat down, his arms resting on the back, his legs spread wide.
    She stood for a moment. Then she sighed and walked towards the table.
    He pointed to the door.

?Door.?
    It closed while she sat down.

?I asked you not to do that?, he said, sharply. She shrugged her shoulders.

?Sorry.?

?Do you have to flaunt your powers like that? I thought you were smarter than that?, he said. She smiled.

?No. You probably bring out the best in me. Why does it bother you??

?It?s uncanny.? He shivered. She grinned and nodded.

?It won?t happen again?, she said.
    He relaxed visibly. The he motioned to her hair again.

?Well??
    Jaina explained to him what happened. She found it surprisingly easy. He was a good listener, only asking questions at the appropriate points in the story.

?How is she now?? he finally asked.

?She?s still in the med-center. She?ll pull through. Could you imagine her cutting her hair like that??
    He shook his head.

?No more than I could imagine you doing it. It was a wise decision.?
    Her anger flared.

?What do you mean by that? You can?t imagine me making a wise decision? Well, apparently not, ?cause I?m sitting here with you, right??
    She started to get up. His hands shot up in a defensive position.

?No no no. That?s not what I meant. Jaina, I?m sorry. I meant to say that I couldn?t imagine you cutting your hair. Please, forgive me??
    The way he looked up at her made her feel like she was watching a small child, pleading with innocent eyes.

The same way dad does when he?s made Mom mad.
    The thought shot through her as she looked down into those bright green eyes. She smiled shyly and sat down again.

?We seem to have a communication problem at times?, she grinned.

?My fault, I?m sure. I?m not used to?to??

?Talking to women??, she added.
    He sighed.

?That?s about the size of it, yes.?

?I thought I heard that you have sisters. Do you communicate with them the way you do with me??
    Jag blushed a little and squirmed. Jaina never saw a grown man squirm and she quite liked it. She grinned at him.

?The first thing a treaty between the Chiss and the New Republic should enact is sharing books on human socializing. Because you, stranger, really need an update. Human women are different.?
    His face blossomed a deep red.

?I n

16. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Great post! Can't wait to see the next chapter!

17. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    "human women are different"- hilarious. really good interplay between the two- but what's making Jaina so standoffish?
    hints?

18. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    SaberBlade: I took that from an experience not long ago, actually. A girlfriend of mine was deeply in love with her co-worker. But instead of letting him know, she became standoffish, rude etc etc. She played hard to get (and he didn't know he could 'get' her). He didn't know what to do and kept treating her like he always did. That also freaked her out. (No offence ladies, but sometimes...women! Aaarrrgghh!!) :)

He couldn't do anything right. And I was stuck in the middle because they were both my friends. Eventually he left the firm earlier this month, partially because of the tension.

How's that saying again? "You always hurt the ones you love (the most)"??

19. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah well Jag better get used to it, because typically SW women never make things easy on the men. ;)

20. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I hereby declare this fic to be off the 5th page.

21. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    That was great!! I like the way Jaina teases.

I dont really see it as standoffishness. Its "relationship" tension. Its one of those things that seems to be the requirement for every Star Wars relationship. (Han/Leia, Luke/Mara) And its the best to read!!

22. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    :)

Nice. It was funny how Jag's men came out with weapons at Jag's sudden movement.

Uppers.

23. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Hey, I finally got all caught up. Great story Eldritch! This is awesome. Love the way the story switches between Jaina and Jag all the time.

It has been thuroughly enjoyable, Eldritch. Can't wait for more. :)

24. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    Up. This is taking a very interesting turn Eld, I like it. I'm still curious as to how you will bring the others (Luke, BS Fel, Wedge etc.) into the mix more. Post whenever you have more written.

-----------------------------------

"...And gentlemen in England now abed will think themselves acursed they were not here. And hold their manhoods cheap, whilest any speaks, that fought with us upon Saint Crispins Day!!..." (Henry V)

25. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    It's funny to see that quote about St. Crispins day, because when my Shakespeare professor a few semesters ago starting discussing it, he became so moved that he actually teared up a little. It was the only time I saw a teacher cry. That probably sounds weird, but it happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.