main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lifeline - (Jaina/Jag Fic - COMPLETED - Last update: 02/19 )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Eldritch009, Oct 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    *offers hanky for the sniffling nose and a lightsaber to cut DRL in half*

Oh, look at it this way. Now I don't get to nag to you, and blame you, anymore. It's PotC who has to deal with it. And you get to demand posts for a change instead of being demanded to. ;)

(That's NOT an invitation for the others in here, BTW) :D

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Nice Poat, Eld.

3. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    And yet again I promised something and didn't deliver. AAARRRGGHHH!!! :(
    However, I was running late this morning so I'll post after I come home from work (about 5 or 6 hrs from now.

4. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    And here it is. :)
    All of you who helped to keep this thread up, Thanks!

--==CHAPTER 8 - The Galactic Core==--

Deep in the Galactic Core.

?I have to go, Liegeus.?
    Daala sat back in her chair as she watched his reaction.
    He stared back at her in disbelieve. The green eyes in her beautiful face kept looking at him, her eyebrows raised questioningly.

?Let me get this straight. After years of inactive duty, you want to go back into service? Back into danger??, he asked, his teeth clenched in frustration. This was starting to become a dinner conversation he didn?t particularly care for. And fast.
    With her left hand she moved a few strands of red long hair out of her face. Then she nodded. She had known that he wouldn?t like it. He leaned back in his chair, stunned.

?Why??

?Because I think they could use my help.?

?What makes you think they would accept it??
    To him, that seemed to be a question she didn?t expect. She frowned while she looked at him, apparently genuinly surprised.

?Why wouldn?t they? i know I'm a little rusty but I think I still know some of it. How to lead a vessel. How to go into and prepare for battle. You think I cannot??, she replied with some of the fierce fury that had once burned inside of her. He made a gesture of dismissal.

?Of course you can. You could even learn them a thing or two. But your trackrecord??

?Isn?t something that would make Tarkin or Palpatine proud??

?Precisely.?

?That?s why I?m not going to offer my services to the Empire. Or the New Republic, for that matter.?
    At this, he frowned.

?I thought??

?Yes, my dear. You thought. And you really shouldn?t. Leave that to a bantha. It has a bigger head?, she smiled, affectionedly.
    He grinned and padded her on her knee.

?Now, now?don?t speak to old Liegeus that way. You know what I meant.?

?Yes I do?, she smiled and put her hand over his, ?and you?re not old.?
    She stroked his hand, deep in thought. Then she looked up, seeking his eyes and approval.

?I really think I could help. I know I have done many things in the past that would make my parents turn over in their grave. I cannot undo them. I can only try to set things straight. And I think this is a time that I can make a difference. A real one. One that would send these Yuuzhan Vong straight back to the void they came from.?

?How??

?By offering my services to the Jedi.?

?The Jedi? My dear, have you gone atoms? Why would they accept you? You attacked them, you hurt them. Even if they would accept, and I?m only speaking hypothetically here, the New Republic would go beserk if the learned about it.?

?Only when it?s too late. I know for a fact that Skywalker isn?t on the best of terms with them, these days. Everyone knows it. You know it.?

?Yes, I know. I?m sorry for that, he?s a good man. The same goes for his sister. I still thank them for the day they brought us together again. ?
    He thought for a few moments about the events on Nam Chorios, some 12 years ago, where he had first met Leia Organa Solo. A shudder ran through him when he thought about the things he had done to her. The poison he had fed her.

?But that doesn?t mean that he would accept your help. Our help, by the way. Because if you?re going to do anything, I will be there, right beside you.?

?If he has any brains, he would accept my?our help. You see? You?re already turning around.?
    She grinned and winked. He smiled sourly and leaned over for a kiss. She warmly returned it.

?I am not. Not yet, anyway. Because I still don?t know why they would accept your assistance. It?s not like you?re bringing a fleet of Star destroyers.?

?No, but something quite close. I know the location of another Super Star Destroyer.?

?You what??, Liegeus cried, horrified at the thought. A shiver ran down his spine, only by thinking of the dagger shaped monstrosity. Bristling with weaponry from bow to stern, 500 light and heavy turbolaser batteries, 250 ion cannons, 40 tractor beam projectors and 250 missile launchers, th

5. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
  6. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    D-D-Daala????? Not what I expected, but very good.

7. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Then I've accomplished what I set out to do...keep you guessing. Because you're gonna die (or at least shocked) when I bring out the villain(s) in all this. :D

Someone, or people, you won't expect. But take a shot at it, if you like. I'm really curious as to what people think right now. Who will be the main villain in this? The winner will get a preview with this/these villain(s) in his/her PM box. It will take some time before he/she/they get "mentioned", though. ;)

Sjeez, how mysterious can I get! I'm getting paranoid myself!

8. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Wow wow wow wow wow...very, very nice. R...J is right, Daala is NOT who i was expecting at all. I only have one question...since when does Daala have green eyes and red hair? The green eyes i know, but i thought her hair was blond...maybe im wrong. Hey, its your fic.

Im going to make the villain guess...
    ...Borsk Fey'Lya. DOnt ask why.

9. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Nah, Borsk is too logical to be the villain. Unless Eld just wants us to think its going to be someone we really wouldnt expect but it really is something obvious... [face_deep_in_thought]

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Wow, haven't seen those two in a long time. Very interesting. Sorry, I have no guesses as to who the villian is at this point.

11. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    JadedofMara: She's 100% redhead. :)

Oh, I'm not going to say "yes" or "no" when someone makes a guess. But it's gonna be funny to see who are going to be mentioned in those guesses.

12. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    YAY!! Daala! She's one of my favorite characters!

Villain? OH!!! Another Emperor clone? MWHAHAHAHAHA!!! Or another Thrawn!! YAY!!

TOO MUCH CANDY.

JediFarfy

13. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Yes, you've had too much candy. like those roaches at school today (My calc teacher actually said "Those roaches are going to OD on candy with you eating so much" It was actually really funny)

14. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    "Roaches...why'd it have to be roaches?" :)

15. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    New post will be here tomorrow! It's ready (mostly), I just need to go over it and add some stuff, take some out.

16. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Ok, I'll either read it LATE or on Sunday then, but I WILL be back to read it(unless I get shot or something...)

Basically, I'm officially hooked.

17. roguemage

roguemage Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2000
    I guess that I might as well up this so you all don't have to go digging to find this. Eldritch 009 you now have one more reader.

18. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    JediFarfy: The I hope you'll like the way I'm going to write her.

Rogue...Jedi: Hope you didn't get shot. ;)

Roguemage: Welcome! And thanks for upping. :)

Ok gang, this is one of the longest chapters yet. It's Jaina/Jag time again. I even tried to get a bit more..ehm..interaction between them in there. [face_mischief]
    I hope you like it. Here goes:

--==CHAPTER 9 - "Here We Go Again==--

They stayed there for another half hour. Then Jaina shut down her lightsaber. No sound came from the turbolift.

?The others have had enough time to get out,? she whispered, ?let?s go after them.?
    Jag nodded and holstered his blaster. He slowly stood, watchful for anything out of the ordinary, and extended his hand. She took it and pulled herself up. They stood close for a few moments in which his eyes curiously searched her face. His gaze seemed to hypnotize her and she blinked rapidly. Then, slowly, he bowed his head towards her. His lips grazed hers ever so lightly before he lifted his head again, his eyes closed. He waited for the slap that undoubtedly would come. When it didn't, he opened his eyes, only to see her quickly moving down the corridor. He took a deep breath and sighed before following her to the Command Center. As she had said, the others had already left. He followed her to the back of the room. When she ignited her lightsaber again, he drew his blaster.

?Trouble??

?No. Look.?
    At first glance, he didn?t see anything. When she moved the lightsaber a bit, he saw it. In the back wall there was a small staircase, winding up into the darkness. The steps had been carved out of the bare rock. It could only be seen from a where they were standing.

?Did they go up there??
    She nodded. Then, a sound came from behind them. He glanced over his shoulders and saw illumination approaching.
    ?They?re coming. Let?s go.?

They ran up the stairs. There wasn?t enough room for them to walk side by side but for the moment, Jag didn?t mind. He had quite a view in front of him. When they finally emerged from the confined stairwell, it was already dark outside.

?Where to now?? he asked, keeping his eyes trained on the opening they just came out of.

?Follow me. They?re not far ahead.?
    They started running towards the edge of the jungle. Without hesitation he followed her into the thick foliage. They ran for about 15 minutes. Then, without warning him, she abruptly stopped and turned around towards him. He ran into her, full force, and let out a startled yelp. His hand quickly moved to protect her neck as they fell to the ground. He landed heavily on top of her, causing her to let out a surprised ?oof?. He lifted himself up on his arms and stared down on her.

?Are you all right?? he whispered. His eyes slowly went over her face and stopped when they met hers. His warm breath stroked her cheek and lips, causing her heart to suddenly start beating faster

?I?I?m fine,? she said, her voice sounding husky, ?get off of me."
    She groaned, squirming underneath him.
    "Please.?

?Don?t get excited!? he grunted to hide his own discomfort. Feeling her soft warm body against his, moving and struggling to get up, didn?t exactly help diminish the feelings that suddenly screamed through his body.

?Colonel, being floored by you isn?t quite enough to get me excited,? she struggled.

?Sorry sweetheart. We don?t have time for anything else,? he smiled roguishly. He couldn?t resist teasing her and actually found it very easy to flirt with her. He felt her knee come up and reacted quickly by rolling off. He heard her disgusted grunt and grinned in the dark.

?Now why did you stop so suddenly??

?I sensed them close by. That is, before you ran into me like a rancor in heat. Now I?m not sure anymore.?

?How delicately put. What?s a rancor??

?It?s a mindless beast. You?d like one. It?s right up your trajectory.?
    He laughed aloud. She could be quite funny if things didn?t go the way she wanted them to go. He hadn?t had this much fun in ages, even with a couple of men o

19. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, I'm glad you posted early, because in half an hour I'll be gone for most of the day.

So I got to read a very good post! :)
    Liked the ESB references in there.

20. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Great post!!!! :D

A rancor in heat? [face_laugh]

21. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I see that someone has stolen my tendencies to reference ESB! Can't imagine who that might be...

Just kidding! I love the references. Keep it up, Eldritch!

22. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    ahem...ahem.... up.

23. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Rogue...Jedi: Glad to see you're still with us. :)

Freya: Liked that? ;)

Melyanna: :D

Prophet..: Uh-oh...I forgot something? :eek:

24. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    Great stuff!!! Keep writing!!! :D

25. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.