main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lifeline - (Jaina/Jag Fic - COMPLETED - Last update: 02/19 )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Eldritch009, Oct 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Ok, all caught up again. Good posts. That last one was very nice. ;)

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Come on Jag. don't you know you can't lie to a Jedi. ;-)

Nice scene. The ESB references were fun.

3. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    ESB!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was great...and a rancor in heat...thats funny.

4. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    That one took me while to come up with, actually. Pretty funny how it did. I was in the shower and suddenly it was there. I used the fog on the mirror to write it down so I wouldn't forget. :)

5. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    At least if you're going to purloin material, you chose ESB. ;) :D

6. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Asyr Handor: Welcome. I'm glad you like it. :)

Herman Snerd: Absolutely. :D
    And welcome to you too. I didn't know I had a VIP among the readers.

7. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    just stopping by to up the thread

8. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    And he said: "Let there be another chapter." :D

--==CHAPTER 10 - "Old Enemies Meet"==--

The battered transport smoothly entered the magconfield and touched down in the cavernous bay of the Coruscant Orbital Transfer Facility. Immediately people got out of their seats, grabbing their luggage and moving to the exit-ramp before it had completely lowered. Daala and Liegeus both looked at each other as they watched the stream of passengers slowly advancing. She slowly shook her head and rolled her eyes.

?Why is it that people always clog up the exits when the pilot hasn?t even given the ?all-clear? light?? she whispered to him.

?Because they think him mentally incapable of reaching for that particular switch,? Liegeus reacted dryly. He looked sideways and smiled when he heard her mumbling.

?You can say all you want about the Empire but back then, things were going much smoother,? she muttered.

Because her features were too well known, and could still spark anger towards them, she had dyed her hair black and had put on a lot of make up. Color contacts made her green eyes look pale blue. Thankfully, his features were not known to many. All it had taken him was a haircut and a shave. They finally stood when the last passenger walked passed their seats.
    As soon as the transport had come into the Coruscant system, a Customs official had boarded and cleared them for further travel into the system. A smug grin clung to his face as he remembered the moment that he handed over their falsified id?s. The official had scanned them and cleared them without a second glance.
    He glanced sideways as he exited the transport. He could see the planet below slowly spinning and got a good look at the defenses orbiting the planet. A string of Golan III Defense Platforms protected it. Further out, an armada of warships came into view. He whistled softly and gently nudged Daala. When she looked up questioningly, he pointed out the bay. She frowned when she saw the fleet.

?That?s a bit overdoing it, don?t you think?? she said, shaking her head. ?Half of that is more than adequate to defend the planet. They must think that the Yuuzhan Vong will attack here.?
    Liegeus silently nodded and watched until the fleet moved out of view.

They entered the shuttle that would take them to the surface. At least, what went for the surface. The real ground of the world hadn?t been seen in thousands of years, much less seen the sun.
    His stomach seemed to float somewhere between his throat and heart as the shuttle dove through the planetary shield and steeply descended.

Docking platforms floated in midair between buildings taller than his imagination had ever been able to produce. And while they now were on one of the medium-sized ones, he still had to crane his neck to see the top of a nearby colossus, dwarfing the one they were standing on. Streams of transports, airtaxi?s and speeders cruised by, rows upon rows. The sheer volume of it all made him take a step back and blink in wonder. Beside him, Daala seemed amused at his obvious awe.

?You?ll get used to it, Liegeus. And we won?t stay on the planet for long. Come, let us go. We have a lot to do.?

They boarded an airtaxi that would bring them to the Manarai Mountains and their final destination, Orowood Tower. A quick overview Daala called up on one of the screens in front of them, told them that the thirty-eight story Tower was home to many government officials and wealthy industrialists. A little of background information, like why the Tower had been build and what materials had been used during construction, completed the overview. Liegeus whistled softly as he saw a few of the resident?s names scroll by.

?One bomb on that building and half the government is blown to Oseon.?
    She smiled cautiously as the driver turned to them.

?I?m sorry, sir, but I couldn?t help overhearing your comment. That tower is almost empty now. Many of the residents have gone off world to avoid the war. Some think that the Yuuzhan Vong will a

9. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Nicely done. :)

Now if I could just get something that good up in Unknown... ;)

10. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Yay! Han and Leia make an appearance. :)

11. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Great post!

12. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    Wow. An SSD ready to go, and at the fingertips of Han Solo. Hehe, the good days return. ;) Great post, Eld.

13. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    **shakes his head in puzzelment** I didn't think you'd expand that way...

14. Destiny_Skywalker

Destiny_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2000
    Hey Eldritch.. great fic. I like this and I'll be checking in on it occasionally. :)

That rancor comment was hysterical. :D

15. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Melyanna: LOL! Thanks, but your fics usually contain something 'that good' in general. ;)

Freya: And there's gonna be more! I wasn't planning on them because I wanted to keep the character list limited. You can thank Prophet for that one. :)

Rogue...Jedi: Thanks!

Womp_rat208: Goody goody. :D

Prophet...: What...no good? ;)

Destiny_Skywalker: Welcome and thanks! I like new readers.

16. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
  17. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Up!

JediFarfy

18. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    No, not a new post, sadly. :(

There'll be one, maybe Sunday but Monday is more likely. This because I have a very busy weekend scheduled (and I wasn't the one doing the initial scheduling). Also, I haven't written a single word for the next chapter yet. Oops. ?[face_plain]

19. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
  20. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    Thanks Freya. :)
    A new post has been submitted to my beta so it should be up (today) Monday night.

21. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    I'll check that and get back to you Eld. Been out of commision that past few days. Never fear, the ETA should remain the same folks.

22. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
  23. Eldritch009

Apr 1, 2001
    And here it finally is. It's the first time I ever wrote any action scene with fighters, so there'll definitely be some mistakes in here. Anyone, feel free to comment on it, I won't flame you for it. :)

I might ask you to beta for me. ;)

--==CHAPTER 11 - "Escape"==--

It took them almost half a day to reach the lake. Now they stood on the shore, looking at the island in the middle. Jaina felt coldness as she reached out with her senses toward the structure, and glanced at Anakin. He barely nodded, indicating that he felt it too. That place was enveloped in the Dark Side. She remembered a story Tionne once told them, when the children had just started their training. Apparently, Kyp and another Jedi, Dorsk 81, had come here. The spirit of Exar Kun had revealed itself and tried to kill the defenseless Dorsk 81, which Kyp prevented.

Probably the only thing he?s ever done right she thought.

?I wonder how deep it is,? she commented.

?We?ll have to swim,? Anakin commented, wrinkling his nose. ?I don?t like sitting in a cockpit with wet clothes on.?

Jaina wholeheartedly agreed but she didn?t see any other choice. They both stepped to the edge and went in. Jag looked at them as they suddenly submerged. Jaina broke the water surface first, inhaling air as she cursed. About a meter to her left, Anakin appeared, using a much more crude vocabulary.
    Jag walked to the edge and was about to get a wet suit himself when something caught his eye. A few columns of rock rose from the bottom to the surface. He went over and kneeled, peering in the water. Then he stood and cautiously stepped on the first column. When it didn?t sag into the bottom, he hopped to the second. He glanced to the side and saw Jaina looking at him, her mouth open in astonishment.

?You Jedi think should try to look with your eyes instead of your senses from time to time,? he smirked, hardly able to keep from laughing aloud.
    Her saw malicious intend appearing in her gaze and he quickly hopped over the surface. Anakin saluted with a sour look on his face and went to the edge to climb out. He too went to the edge and saw the columns. He quickly followed suit.

By the time they reached the island, Jaina was also crossing the lake using the steppingstones. She hopped off the last stone and intently walked to Jag, as he watched her laughing loudly. Furiously she stood before him as he gazed down at her, a warm smile on his lips.

?When I told you not to close doors with your mind, I didn?t mean to close your mind completely, you know,? he grinned. He leaned down and gave her a quick kiss on her forehead, throwing caution in the wind. He regretted it the moment he felt her wet arms around his neck and her wet body pressing in on his.

?I know, Jag,? she said in a girlish voice, ?I?ll try to use my eyes in the future.?
    She smiled sweetly as she let him go, eyeing her handywork. The total front of his uniform was stained with wet spots.

?Oh my,? Jaina exclaimed, trying to duplicate the prissy voice that only Threepio could manage, ?I seem to have ruined your uniform.?
    She grinned and turned her back to them as she walked to the edge. He closed his eyes and shook his head, chastising himself for his stupid impulse.

?I should have known,? he sighed with a smile on his lips.
    He heard Anakin laughing softly behind him and turned to see the young man eying them curiously.
    ?Yes, you should. Never make fun of her. She?ll make you regret the day you laid eyes on her.?
    Jag glanced in Jaina?s direction as she started to wring out her clothes, her back turned to the men.

?No. I?ll never regret that day,? he muttered softly under his breath.

The three Blade-32 fighters rose above the jungle on repulsors. Jaina?s sensors immediately picked up a flight of half a dozen fighters to the south, quickly turning in their direction to check the new threat they proposed.

?Heads up, boys,? she said, a grim look on her face. She glanced to her left, where Jag hung back

24. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    LOL! I loved that! Bye bye Osama! :D MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!

JediFarfy

25. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    [face_laugh] LOL! You killed Osama and Laden... now where is Bin? ;)

Good post. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.