Lifelong fan just moved to Dallas, please advise

Discussion in 'Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX' started by _Red-5_, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Red-5_ Jedi Padawan

Sorry this reads like a personal ad, but I am active on another message board that doesn't have any other Dallas members. Anyway...

My name is Jacob, I'm 28, just moved to Dallas and I am looking for the best place to see the premiere with other die hard SW fans.

Three years ago I flew to Hollywood and saw the premiere of TPM at the Mann's Chinese Theatre. It was one of the best experiences of my life, but now I have a new job and can't make the trip this year.

I have heard that the Cinemark Legacy in Plano has a digital projector (which you all probably know about since TI invented the DLP chip). I have also heard about another place in Garland that has like a 200' screen.

But I would love to see it on a digital projector. I actually work in the video industry and am familiar with digital projectors. Last summer in Vegas I attended a trade show and saw the newest ones in action.

So anyway, enough autobiography. What is the local scoop? Any word on if they will sell tickets early? Let me know and I look forward to meeting other fans May 16. :)
  2. DarthBanky1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good to have you here in Dallas. In my opinion, the AMC Grand in Dallas/irving is the best place to see it. I caught TPM there on opening nite and it was awesome. Everone came out in Star Wars dress and lightsabers glowing and it was a great experience. Thats where im planning on catching at AOTC opening day, i just wish i knew when tickets will go on sale cause i have a job that wont let me off to stand in line and party, bastartds. Anyways, nice to have you here, if you need anything, e mail me DarthBanky@fanforce.net , of course. May the Foprce be with you, SNOOOGANS!!
  3. Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, thats a good idea, OR...

You could line up with us at the only theater in town with a DLP system!

ITs at the Legacy in North Plano, and we are already camping out their.

Check the other threads, for info, and pics from the line :)

See ya around, and MTFBWY!
  4. Old-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Welcome!

It has always been DFW Fanforce's policy to see ANY movie in the best theater possible. When we first lined up for Ep. 1 we chose the Galaxy, because at that time it was the very best theater(the much lamented Northpark being out of the picture by then). We had over a thousand folks out there, media out the wazoo, Kenny Baker came by, it was great, raise a nice bit of money for charity.

This year however due to the fact that the Legacy has the only DLP theater in Dallas let alone Texas, the choice was a no-brainer for us. This movie was shot digitally, it makes sense(for us anyway) to see it in that format. Nothing wrong with the Galaxy mind you, but it doesn't have DLP. There is an added bonus for us as well, due to our partnership with Atomic Entertainment, the "line up" would be best described as an event. We are hoping to have "several" actors drop by the line this time around. The Sci-Fi Expo that AE is putting on the weekend after the premier will be the ONLY place where you can meet Temuera Morrison outside of Celebration 2 This partnership along with the numerous games, raffles, and other offerings makes it the place to be in Dallas. If you're in the Ft. Worth/Mid-Cities area, Matt and his crew have just as much planned for folks who want to line up closer to home in Tarrant Co.

Which ever place you choose we hope you have a great time, I know we will :)
  5. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    You flew to Hollywood to see premiere of TPM at the Mann's Chinese Theatre! That is so cool. :D
  6. THX_Jedi FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hey, I flew to Dallas, when I was living in Memphis, to watch each of the Special Editions at the NorthPark Theatre in 1997. :D ....heh

Welcome, dude. Join us at the line sometime.

:cool:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.