main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Life's a stage: The Star Wars Musical Challenge Thread (New challenge! "Bring Him Home" Due 9/17.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LifesAStage-Director, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    The Beatles songs gave me some nice inspirations and I have included four songs in this little vignette with Zora (Siri)

Something to remember

2. LifesAStage-Director

LifesAStage-Director Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2008
    Yes, but I'd been putting that 2nd 'c' in all this time and you didn't correct me until this last time. I'd put it in the edited post where I list all the entries with the 2nd 'c' in place from your entry from the first challenge. I guess you either didn't notice, or you just forgave it the first time. :D

Speaking of putting in the entries, I just entered the first two entries in the third post. Here's hoping we'll get more entries this time!

3. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    What? Oh..... of course I let it slide....... I'm nice like that........ :p

I'll get something up. Haven't had much time yet.

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    You have until May 31, so don't rush it. ;)

5. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I'm seriously at a loss for words with this challenge. I've been trying to mull it over in my head and still nothing. Luckily we have until the end of May. I might get something by then.

6. LifesAStage-Director

Jan 8, 2008
    Who knows, by the time 31 more days are up, you will have written two responses for the challenge. :D

Oh, btw, I put the wrong link for my response, Gather Round All You Clones... I'd accidently put in the link for a fic that was for a different challenge. [face_blush]

If anyone sees any mistakes I make in indexing the challenge stories, do not be shy in correcting me.

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I was wondering what everyone thought of the songs and musicals I've been choosing for these challenges. I shy away from using the title songs to the musicals, not wanting to be obvious, and also choose songs that have potential Star Wars tie-ins.

I have a list of songs from musicals for future challenges, but I am also open to suggestions and ways to make the challenges fresh. :)

8. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    I think they are good. Title ones would be so "already done." I also like when you pick something which has multiple ways to tie into star wars. Not just limited to one group or era. It helps out alot. Although, I don't write much but saga stuff. It's nice to be able to step out if I want to.

Just my two cents.

9. Kelia-Lily

Kelia-Lily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2006
  10. LifesAStage-Director

Jan 8, 2008
    Now we have three entries. [face_dancing] We still have 12 more days before the deadline. That's just over 2 weeks in the GFFA. :-B

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Five more days until the deadline, which is a whole week in the GFFA :-B . Remember, that will be midnight, board time on May 21.

12. LifesAStage-Director

Jan 8, 2008
    Tonight at midnight board time is the deadline... which means you have just over 14 hours to enter your story('ies [?]) in this challenge. :D

13. LifesAStage-Director

Jan 8, 2008
    It is time to vote now! Holy bantha pies, Batman, where did the time go? Voting deadline is June 5, at midnight.

Here are the illustrious entries in the order in which they were recieved... wow, it's also alphabetized!:

Entries:

Gather 'Round All You Clones by Alexis_Wingstar

Something to Remember by earlybird-obi-wan

Mending a Broken Heart by Kelia-Lily

14. LifesAStage-Director

Jan 8, 2008
    Voting ends tonight at midnight! So far no one has voted! Don't make me chose on my own... if I do, it will be first come first serve (first one that posted their story... who isn't me... wins).

15. LifesAStage-Director

Jan 8, 2008
    just under two more hours left! Is no one interested in this any more?

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan has won with Something to Remember. Congratulations :D =D=

Since the awards nominations and ceremonies are coming up, and it seems people have lost interest, I am going to hold off on the next challenge until the end of August.

17. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    I'm still interested. I just didn't have any idea what to write!

18. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    My appologise for not participating recently. Between lack of inspiration and lack of time, it was hard to get something up. :p I'll try better next time. :)

19. LifesAStage-Director

Jan 8, 2008
    I didn't mean to say lack of interest. I know that many were busy with other things... like school and such. Now school is starting again soon, but hopefully we can have more participants and voters this time around. :)

So, here's the new challenge...

The "Bring Him Home" challenge.

Use the lyrics of "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables to inspire any genre writing.

Don't forget to link your story here. :)

20. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice song and so fitting for a part of my old story Two Red beads.

bring him home

21. LifesAStage-Director

Jan 8, 2008
    Sweet :D

I forgot to say, this challenge's entries are due on Wednesday, September 17 at midnight board time.

22. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
  23. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    I'm so glad I decided to pop in here. Les Mis is my all time favorite musical, and Bring Him Home is a song that gets to me.

I have a question though. Do we have to use the lyrics in the fic? Or can we just use them as inspiration?

24. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

The "Bring Him Home" challenge.

Use the lyrics of "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables to inspire any genre writing.

The word as I see it is "inspire" but you can PM the sock for clarification.

25. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Thanks. I think I'll do that then just to be extra sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.