main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Life's more painless for the brainless. Those who don't try never look foolish.

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 4' started by GIMER, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    As requested by PrincessChattyCathy:

We went to go see WICKED The Musical last night.
    It's the touring group, and not the original cast.

The set was amazing. The whole stage is inside the dragon clock.
    Watch the Dragon's eyes as Elphaba gains power ;)

I've been listening to the soundtrack for ages, so I know all the music by heart and love it.
    Strange as it seems, seeing it live wasn't as powerful as listening to the CD.
    It may have just been because we were up in the balcony. That was my only complaint really was that the music and orchestra wasn't loud enough where we were.

Galinda was great - I'd say as good as Kristin.
    Elphaba was pretty good, but this was not the lead, this was the alternate. Some times she wasn't as strong in her singing as I expected.

I thought Fiyero would be more of a Gaston type character, but he actually was likeable.
    Boq was more of a wuss than I got from the soundtrack.

Supporting cast of dancers were fine, but the dancing wasn't anything that was new or amazing.

I've read the book too, and the Musical version blows the book away. The book was hard to read and got very boring in parts mired in political garbage. You are never bored during the show. Lots of suprises and one liners that had me LOLing that you don't hear on the soundtrack.

We are listening to the radio to see if we can win more tickets to take our daughter. We weren't sure if it would be ok, based on the book (which is NOT ok for an 8 year old) but it is fine.

So we'd go back and recommend it to anyone wanting an amazing performance.
    My complaints are just critical of things that I KNOW they are capable of and wished I'd seen an original cast performance.

Any questions of things you might want to know more about?
    I won't spoil the ending for those who haven't seen it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.