main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends LifeTime of Loving -- Ben Skywalker vig

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Lifetime of Loving
    Author: Jade eyes
    Genre: One shot mush, canon according to J_e ;)
    Characters: Ben, Luke/Mara, Vadey's amazing Megira
    Timeframe: Post-NJO
    Summary: Ben is doing "spring cleaning" and finds a treasured keepsake.
    Disclaimer: I don't own a thing, but I do promise a melt, at least for yours truly LOL
    A/N: Megira is the feisty lovely OC of awesome VaderLVR64; she?s Ben?s soulmate/spouse in a series of yummy, hilarious fics. @};- Many thanks also goes to Vadey for taking the time to look this over ? very much appreciated. :D

This piece is for the undisputed Queen of mush, ginchy lee, in whose superlicious footsteps I am aspiring to follow.

[face_love]
    [face_love]

~~~~~!!!

Megira was very persuasive, Ben mused ruefully. She?d cajoled him into cleaning out the back of the closets, rooting out things that hadn?t seen the light of day in too long. ?Why throw it out when you might need it someday?? was his motto, despite the fact that some of the items hadn?t been used in a score of months.

?And what, may I ask,? she?d retorted, ?is the criteria for someday? Another two years??

On this sunny day, he?d rather be enjoying himself with his lovely wife on a picnic for two by the lake. He finally tackled the job because he knew she?d never stop giving him grief until he did, and then they could enjoy themselves without distraction --or rather, with the best kind.

In one of the trunks, he came across a holojournal of his parents? most treasured moments. He smiled fondly as he laid it in the ?keep? pile. They?d lived to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary and had passed into the Eternity within a few months of each other, as if not able to be apart for even that span of time.

Ben blushed to think of some of the immortalized pics in there?his mother had kept some of his most ?adorable? baby photos and milestone moments. His parents had had a long and happy life together. They?d retired from the political treadmill, tiring of butting heads with the inept and arrogant. Ben was still surprised at how little actual discussion had gone into the mutual decision; no arm-twisting was needed on either end; both had been ready to pass the gauntlet, and the headaches, on.

One of the last vids in the journal showed them on holiday?sharing a wave board. They?d been fond of doing things out of doors, and his dad was keen on anything to do with the water.

His father had timed the cam so that they could be in the picture together. Framed by the sea and the setting sun, his mother had looked vibrant and full of deep contentment, only a few hints of gray tinging her shining tresses. His dad also had hints of silver, but his lively blue eyes were as cerulean as ever. Ben saw the way his dad looked at his mom: with a mixture of bemused tenderness and devotion, as if he were still surprised and delighted by her ?Yes, I will.?

Ben reflected that his folks had always seemed to savor each day as if it were their first together, bringing sparkle and joy to every moment shared. His mom would be the last one to admit to ?sentimentality?, but her unwavering love had been evident in every word and glance, even in the verbal sparrings she and Luke seemed to take such great pleasure in. Mara?s softer side had been a precious treasure given to her family and dearest friends, and they never ceased to marvel at its depth and warmth.

Ben felt completely privileged to have been suffused in an atmosphere of such pervasive love and passion. This was what Ben had sought in his own marriage, and he was blessed to have found it. Even down to the snark sessions, he thought with a chuckle. When he?d bonded with Megira, it was as if he were complete in the first real sense.

~~~!!!

?Look what I found,? he told Megira later. ?We haven?t watched this in quite a while.?

Meg beamed, bringing over iced, fruity liqueurs and settling on the sofa. ?Oh! What a find! I miss your folks so much, still.? She admitted. ?I?ll never forget how they helped us get through our initial bantha-headed stubbornness wh

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Well you already know how much I love this. You've captured Megira perfectly! =D=

3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    oooh! I'm still at work so this is quick, but: This is wonderful, lady!! I'll be back with more comments later tonight--and to read and savor again! [:D]

ETA: I'm back! But my 'net connection is sucking tonight so I hope I'll be able to get this all in before I drop out again!

I really loved this! [face_love] I love that it's set in the wonderful universe in which your Master wrote about Ben and Megira and I love that Luke and Mara had a long and extremely happy life together! That makes me grin. I always love to read others reflections on L/M and this one was done so well. Thank you so much for this lil' pick-me-up!! [face_love] [:D]

4. TheSwordJainaSoloFel

TheSwordJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 3, 2008
    A lifetime of true loving?was there a superior legacy? Could there be a sweeter one?
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] *sighes and shakes head* You always know how to pull on the heartstrings J_e... not that I'm complaining.:p Another wonderful piece from the universe of melty mush. =D=

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Vadey ? thank you! I enjoyed writing it very much! And thanks for saying I got Meg perfectly. [face_blush] [face_woohoo!] That means the world because she?s up there with my all-time fave OCs.

ginchy ? I am stoked by your review!! I adore giving L&M long ridiculously happy years together. Where they still act like newlyweds after the 50 year milestone LOL And Megira?s *perfect* for Ben. [:D] @};-

sword ? universe of melty mush. I LIKE that!! That last quote in your siggy-- *raptures* that too is lovely. :)

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was absolutely beautiful!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

How fitting Luke and Mara enjoyed a nice, long, wonderful life together.

I'm sure Ben and Megira will as well.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    KELIA ? I totally agree on both counts: L&M and Ben & Meg?s. :D Thank you so much for your comments. @};-

8. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Ben reflected that his folks had always seemed to savor each day as if it were their first together, bringing sparkle and joy to every moment shared.

This was so insightful. Maybe the key to a lasting relationship, which Luke and Mara certainly have (I can't speak of them in past tense).

And to have Ben bring that devotion into his own marriage - priceless.

Excellent work!

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    madman007 -- thank you very much! :) I agree totally. @};- Luke and Mara make sweet loving role models :* And I can't see them doing anything else BUT savor each other. :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.