main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lighsabers and the Crystals used in them

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by BOBAKEN1269, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOBAKEN1269

BOBAKEN1269 Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2005
    I have a question......What type of Crystal does Mace Windu use in his lightsaber and where do they come from???

Strilo edit: Please use the lightsaber discussion thread in SW Community.

2. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    the purple kind[face_laugh] drum roll please[face_peace]

3. Darth_Masticator

Darth_Masticator Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    it's a grape-flavored crystal

4. mmaupin

mmaupin Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2005
    typical.

i perfectly reasoanble question.....why does mace had a purple sabre? and what happens...

the trolls come out.

from what i understand is that sam jackson asked lucas to give him a speacial color sabre. so that answers that...

as for the crystals...

from what i know i the book stories is that jedi go to a special planet to seek out a crystal...blue, green, yellow, purple...whatever...

from that comes the blade.

I WISH

that the members of this site would be willing to answer these questions and not sit back on their 30 year old pimpled virgin butts and say "ha ha, he knows so little" and joke about a perfectly reasonable queston....ie "hey, i've seen all the flicks and this guy has a purple blade, what's up with that???"

i've been reading on thie site for a long long time and only recently made myself avail to post.

please respect the new fan's posts as you would your own.

thanks.

5. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
  6. Aerex_Matare

Aerex_Matare Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2005
    I'm familiar with EU...[face_whistling]

Most Jedi go to the icy planet of Ilum to get their crystals. It's preferred because it's rugged terrain tests a Padawan's abilities, and the crystals are of reliable quality. The crystals also tend to be either blue or green, thus most Jedi in the PT era have sabers of those colors. Windu could have gotten his crystal elsewhere (Haruun Kal, perhaps?), or he got a particuarly rare crystal on Ilum.

EDIT: On a side note, most Sith synthesize their crystals in superheated ovens. During the process, they focus their hatred into the crystals, increasing their power and darkening the color to a crimson.

The non-storyline answer is that Samuel L. Jackson mentioned to Lucas that he thought it would be cool if his saber blade was purple. Lucas took him up on it. He also had "BMF" carved into the pommel. I guess when you're Samuel L. Jackson doing science fiction, you can ask for just about anything you want.:p

7. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002

CHILL PILL NEEDED :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.