main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Light and Dark [Alternate Universe Action/Conspiracy Thriller] (Chapter 10 up, more soon))

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ornen, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    This is one of my first real fics, so bear with me. Its just getting started, and it'll probably take some time for things to get rolling, but bear with me.

DISCLAIMER:Star Wars belongs to me, me, and only me. I ownz all the rights, so you all better be wary of what you say. GL is really an evil old guy who stoled my ideas.

EDIT:I didn't mean it George... And really, don't you think sending thugs was a bit much?

STAR WARS: LIGHT AND DARK

This is a world where Anakin never turned. Where Darth Tyranus was killed in the battle on Geonosis, and the Clone Wars happened. Where Palpatine was killed by who would have been his own apprentice. Where the Jedi were never killed. This is STAR WARS: LIGHT AND DARK. With a good deal of gray in between, of course.

Chapter One

Luke Skywalker gazed out the window of the Jedi Academy on Coruscant. His sister slept in the bed in the other room. Both were highly skilled Jedi, and both just about equal in terms of ability. Luke happened to lean slightly towards saber fighting, while Leia was slightly better at skill with the force. Still, there was little difference.

Luke and Leia were normally partners. Together, they were easily one of the most feared duettes of Jedi. Luke, however, was constantly being warned for his quickness to anger, which he found perfectly normal. However, in the Jedi, there was no opportunity to be perfectly normal.

Things were quiet throughout the galaxy; there had not been much struggle since the Separatists were crushed on Geonosis and Palpatine was killed by Anakin Skywalker himself for treason against the galaxy. It was still quite hard for Anakin to believe that someone that he had respected so much?. A sith lord? However, there had not been much unrest in the galaxy. The amount of Jedi had well over doubled over the past twenty years- there were now about 500, most of which had too much time on their hands. Only the best Jedi got real assignments, but Luke and Leia, managed to get jobs from time to time, as they could easily work together well due to their brother-sister link and also the fact that their family was very strong in the force.

So it was not surprising when Yoda summoned them for a new assignment. Within a few minutes, the two of them were walking through the corridors of the massive Jedi Temple, on their way to see Master Yoda. They had made many friends during their training at the Jedi Academy, and knew most of the faces that they saw while walking through the hallways. Few of their friends had ever gotten any assignments since they were Padawans; some found it hard to get something to do even with a master. Many Jedi went to nightclubs and other social places. Jedi were becoming increasingly common, and as supply went up, demand went down. The Jedi need more enforcing every day, even while it did little. The Jedi were still rather unorderly.

Luke and Leia made their way into the Jedi Council chamber. Many people that sat there were once great, but had now aged past their prime. Mace Windu and Yoda were still there, but many faces that Luke?s father had seen sitting there were now gone. The youngest member on the council was Anakin himself, sitting beside his former master Obi-Wan.

?There has recently been some terrorist activity on Coruscant. Somebody rigged a bomb in the Senate Building, wounding a few people in its direct vicinity. We want you to investigate,? Obi told them.

Luke sighed. An investigation. He probably wouldn?t see any action, and investigation missions tended to take longer, so it would be a while before he was in the comfort of the Jedi Academy.

?Luke, it is not good for Jedi to crave things such as combat,? His father told him.

?I know?.? Luke turned to leave the room.

-It could be worse...- Leia signaled to him through the force once they had left the council chamber.

-Still?-

-Very few Jedi get the opportunity to leave Coruscant. You should feel lucky you have me, we?re just normal Jedi when separate.-

-Maybe a litt

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    this looks VERY interesting

great start!

I can't wait to see more!

3. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Thanks!

4. SHADOW13

SHADOW13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    Nice AU

Wonder what happens to Leia :confused:

what to see more of this :)

5. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Leia's gonna meet up with Chewbacca and they fall in love.

j/k ;)

6. ForbiddenAngel

ForbiddenAngel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    Can't wait for the next post, hopefully soon!

|Angel|

7. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Bump.

8. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Third page people, that's harsh. Better put in the next part...

Chapter 2

An explosion rocked the wooden tower. It was part of a network of other towers, made out of a mix of wood and metal. They were built among the towering trees of Kashyyk, ever stretching into the heavens. This was a small Wookiee town, under fire from Trandoshan slavers. The Trandoshan ? Wookiee war had been going on for decades, and the Republic was only beginning to step into matters. Fighting had broken out on an unprecedented scale; fire flew and bombs burst in the forests of Kashyyk.

A group of Wookiees ducked into a small wooden hut raised far above the ground, with slits built for firing out of while taking minimal damage. A couple Wookiees put crossbows up to the slits, firing out at the Trandoshans outside, who had captured a group of civilian Wookiees outside on a wooden pathway leading through the network of bridges and buildings that made up Kashyyk. Two fell quickly, before the others turned to fire up at their attackers. They fired their weapons, mainly rapid-fire laser weapons. They shredded up one of the walls of the wooden hut the Wookiees were sniping from. Inside the small building, one Wookiee staggered back from the firing slit, his face blown apart by a blast from the Trandoshans? weapons.

A Wookiee known as Chewbacca crouched in a corner, weapon ready. He wielded a machine gun similar to those that the Trandoshans were using. He led this squad of Wookiees, which was now reduced to eight Wookiees. The wall between them and the Trandoshans was now greatly reduced, but the fire was reduced at the moment. Chewbacca was about to order his men to go back to harassing the enemy, when-

The wall exploded in a flurry of flames and shards of broken wood. <Move out!> Chewbacca yelled in Shryii?wook. They exited the flaming building, running onto a walkway suspended high above the ground before entering the next building across from the one they had previously been in. This one was larger, and was had metal reinforcements. The Wookiees entered the hut, led by Chewbacca, and once inside they took a head count.

Chewbacca moaned. They only had five soldiers left. He wondered what to do now, but on the inside, it was clear to him. There was only one thing to do. They had to keep fighting, in order to protect the Wookiee kingdom as best they could.

. . . . .

Han guided the transport down through the trees of Kashyyk as fast as he could without hitting anything. It was a sleek troop carrier, carrying him and a squad of Republic Special Forces troopers. They were the army?s finest; designed to take out terrorists and other trouble-causers.

Han himself was both a pilot and a member of the squad who went into combat and fought alongside them. A pilot in the Republic Anti-Terrorist division had to be very versatile, with a lot of skill in both piloting and combat. For this mission, Han?s squad was being led by a Jedi; her name was Mara Jade. Most of the Han?s squadmates, himself among them, viewed her as quite sexually attractive, which she was. She was just about 18 years old, and she was relatively young.

As they found a good spot to rest the ship in, Han set it to hover in place as he moved the landing ramp down onto a wooden platform. He exited the cockpit and put his helmet on, joining his squadmates. Three were left to guard the ship; two in gunner positions on the underside, ready to rain fire down on Trandoshans who thought they were above the law. Han left the troop carrier, blaster rifle ready, along with the rest of his squad and Mara Jade.

The gear was light armor, colored so that they would blend in with their surroundings. It would fend off light shots, but if they took too much fire, they would break, as they were designed mainly for maneuverability. The helmets were black and rounded, covering from the forehead to the back of the neck. A clear panel came down to mask the face, making the helmet cover the entire head. The soldiers carried light automatic blaster rifles, designed with a

9. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    *bounces excitedly*

that was so exciting! This story is getting so interesting!

10. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Thank you!!! :D

11. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    wow, good job.

i like the premise, and what you've done with it.
    somehow i get the feeling that han's going to save chewie from the slavers...

12. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Nope, think again...

13. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    I like how you keep the story moving quickly, but you should try to slow it down a little soon, so we can all catch our breaths, hehe. ;)

Nice start, but I don't think Chewbacca is very happy being enslaved again. Can we say "decapitated slavers"? :D

14. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Yes, next chapter will probably be much slower-paced. Expect zero action.

15. seizetsu

seizetsu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2003
    Hey, some good writing Ornen! :)

I especially like the lightsaber battle in the first chapter, you've certainly got what it takes to write good duels. Something that seems rather rare..

16. Aimeer9

Aimeer9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2002
    Looking good. The action is written very well. Looks like an interesting au.

17. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    Wow, that's awesome! Keep up the good work!

18. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    I was worried about the duels... Never written action before.

19. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Yes, I know its short, but hey, it's plot development, which I like to keep brief.

Chapter 3

Luke was asleep on the transport, a Republic ship that he had found, which happened to be heading for Nar Shaada. He had entered it, and was now heading there. It was a military transport, fairly large, and carrying quite a number of soldiers. The Republic was on the border of war with the Hutt crime lords, and war was expected to break out soon?

Luke abruptly awoke from a dream, possibly a vision. There was a greater force; one that would challenge the Republic. Civil war was coming; Luke sensed it. The gray Jedi he had faced? It was something to do with them. The gray Jedi. A faceless, cloaked figure, leading them, leading them against his own father? A younger man, challenging Anakin on personally, lifting the hood back to reveal? Luke?s face, eyes brimming with a mix of feelings, none too clear, all gray?

At that point, Luke awoke, sweating heavily. Just a dream? Just a dream?

. . . . .

Anakin, arm wrapped around his loving wife, stood over Leia?s body in the hospital bed. The doctors said that she would be okay, and the Skywalker family was glad. Anakin himself was more worried about Luke; Anakin detected some disturbance in the force? It was hard for him to point out, he couldn?t tell.

. . . . .

There was, naturally, a good deal of disturbance within the media. All over the Holonet was talk about war with the Hutts, recent terrorist strikes, and the injury of Leia Skywalker, and while the Republic had done their best to keep things quiet about the Gray Jedi attack, the press had gotten onto that too.

There was talk of conspiracies, assassinations, spying, dark Jedi, invasions from outside-galaxy sources, and even a little bit about the end of the world. People rolled their eyes throughout the galaxy, as this was obviously little more than a couple terrorists and some fat ugly Hutts.

. . . . .

Two figures, masked by gray cloaks, stood in a dark room. They talked in whispers about matters that were little known to the rest of the galaxy. "I assume Skywalker is coming alone?" said a voice that sounded old, but not too old, probably in its fifties or sixties.

"Yes, the operation went according to plan. He is on his way now," Said a younger voice, probably in its twenties or thirties.

"Excellent?"

20. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    Hmmm...I wonder exactly who these "gray Jedi" really are...

Interesting plot developments, Ornen, especially with the vision. Looks like we have some turbulence up ahead for Luke, which is always interesting. The infallable Jedi needs someone to buck his boat, hehe.

21. Aimeer9

Aimeer9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2002
    Good post. hmmm I wonder who these grey jedi are?

22. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    This is looking really good Ornen.

Can't wait to see more. I think this is the first Saga fic I've read too.

23. Tessine-Sabe

Tessine-Sabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2003
    Wow, Ornen! You've got me on pins and needles here! Very gripping. The plot moves really fast, but for an action story that's a good thing. Post soon :)

Tess

*feels randomly like growling at gray jedi...*

24. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    Very good! Keep it up!

25. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Who are the gray Jedi and why do they want Luke?
    Looking forward to the next post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.