main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Light and Dark [Alternate Universe Action/Conspiracy Thriller] (Chapter 10 up, more soon))

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ornen, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    very interesting

I also wonder who is it that wants Luke.

2. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    I promise more action soon.

Chapter 4

The ship plummeted, flames flying. It began to speed up, and was now going very fast. The trees were a blur to Mara and Han as they hung on for dear life, gripping each other and not letting go. ?We?re gonna have to jump,? Han said.

?I know...? Mara replied, ?Just have to wait for the right moment.?

?You can tell through the force??

?Not really. Just gotta try my best and hope we make it.?

?Ready when you are.?

?Let?s go!? Mara shouted, as Han and her leapt off the flaming ship. They landed in a bushy, leafy section of one of the giant trees on Kashyyk, taking most of the damage out of the initial impact.

?Ah!? Han shouted as he fell through the leaves. Mara heard a thud and a crack, either of bone or tree. She hopped out of the leaves, landing on a very large branch of the tree next to Han, who seemed to be in pain.

?You all right?? She asked.

?I think I broke something...? Han moaned.

?What hurts??

?Everything.?

?Try getting up.? Mara suggested. Han tried to get to his feet, but fell.

?I think my leg?s broken.?

?Great...?

?You think I?m enjoying it??

?I guess we?ll have to go with it.?

?That?s easy for you to say. Look, I wasn?t exactly expecting to get lost in the middle of Kashyyk, possibly far from the nearest civilization, with a broken leg.?

?Well, I guess it?s just not your day,? Mara said sarcastically.

Han took off his helmet, examining it in his hands. There was a fairly large dent; if he hadn?t have been wearing it, he?d probably be dead. ?Well,? he wiped the sweat from his forehead, ?What?s the plan??

?Do you want me to do something about your leg??

?Well, what can you do? Use your super magic Jedi healing powers?? Han rolled his eyes.

?No, but I can apply some herbs, maybe make a sling or something for it.?

?How do you put a sling on a leg??

?Hey, don?t look at me like I?m a doctor,? Mara said as she went off to look for items that could prove useful.

. . . . .

She returned later with some healing herbs and large leaves that could be used to wrap his leg up. She also had some rather straight sticks she would use to steady Han?s leg.

?How are we going to get this on?? Han asked, ?I mean, with the body armor and all.?

?Take your pants off.?

?What??

?Take your pants off.?

?No.?

?Fine then, but I can?t put it on over the body armor.?

?All right...? Han unclipped his belt and pulled his lightly armored pants off. Han was still wearing some boxers underneath. ?Talk about an odd position,? Han said, as Mara began to steady the leg. It had a nasty bruise on it, where Mara applied various herbs she knew had healing capabilities. Rather handsome... Mara thought. She had never noticed it before, but now, hunched over him, she began to notice.

?How long should this take?? Han asked as Mara steadied his leg between two sticks.

?Not too much longer...? Mara began to wrap some large, sheet like leaves around Han?s leg and the sticks. These leaves, also, had slight healing powers, and while Han would still need to see a doctor, this would work for now.

?There,? Mara said, ?Done.?

?Why are you still hunched over me?? Mara had just realized that she had not yet moved from her position, hunched over Han Solo.

?Uh, sorry.?

?I?m getting hungry,? Han said.

?Well, am I your servant??

?Until this heals you are.?

?I guess I?m getting hungry too,? Mara smiled before going off to find something to eat.

. . . . .

He is handsome, Mara thought to herself. She wouldn?t mind a few more days out here with him. She sighed. I better get looking for some food, she thought, before going back to her task.

. . . . .

She had gathered some berries, and she stood up after wrapping them in leaves to carry back to camp. She began to think of Han... She couldn?t get her mind off him. There was something about him that she just found... Attractive. She walked back to their camp, arriving to come face to face with a group of Trandoshans

3. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    ?Take your pants off.?

?What??

?Take your pants off.?

?No.?

LOL!!! I fell off my chair when I read that, hahahahahaha!

I've never seen this angle before. I wonder what Luke and Leia have to say about it...hehe.

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I've never seen an angle like that either.

5. Aimeer9

Aimeer9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2002
    Hey does Han still have his pants off at end of that post? Just curious.

6. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Bah, I put in a scene involving Han's pants and everyone automatically starts talking about Han's pants. Well, I guess that's what to expect on female-dominated forum.

7. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Wow, this is certainly a twist. Is Luke headed for a turn to the Dark Side? I have a bad feeling about this.

8. Tessine-Sabe

Tessine-Sabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2003
    *feels slighted* ;-) LOL, this is very very new here! Great angle. Never much cared for L/M stuff myself...SO bravo on your venture into the practically un-touched alternative Han and Leia possibilities. Great potential. Keep it up, Ornen

Cheers~
    Tess

9. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    This is a good fic. But war with the Hutts? Thats like America invading Iraq, a walkover...with our own men killing each other...but you know...

10. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Yes, I know... Ah well, its more of a galactic criminal crackdown. Wait, that's like the was on terrorism... ?[face_plain]

11. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Yeah. *shifty look*

12. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Wow. :eek: You certainly are taking these characters in interesting directions. ;) So many unanswered questions...

Good work! :D

13. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Trust me Spike. Hey, Rebs versus Imps was kinday like Iraq... However, expect some plot twists...

14. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Hey, got a little action in this time.

Chapter 5

Luke awoke to the sound of the ship?s comm system, informing him that there was only about an hour left until they reverted to realspace. He had spent most of his time sleeping, saving his energy for when he would need it most. His sleep, however, had been restless, filled with dreams of possible futures.

. . . . .

"I wonder how much the Republic will pay for this ransom?" The Trandoshan said, "One of their soldiers?" He grinned evilly, "And a Jedi!"

"I don?t know who you are, but trust me, you will not die of old age," Mara angrily glared.

"Listen, we could fry you and your friend at any time without a second thought. All guns are aimed on one or the other. You move, you die."

"You are not-"

"Listen, Mara," Han interrupted, "There?s nothing we can do for now. Just let it be, and this could all turn out good in the end."

"Listen to the man," The Trandoshan grinned, "He knows what?s good for him."

Mara sighed. Han was right.

. . . . .

Chewbacca groaned in the slave hold on the Trandoshan freighter. He knew there was little chance of escape, and had given up by now. Suddenly, something caught his attention. The scouting party of Trandoshans was back with more prisoners. These prisoners, however, were human; they looked like Republic people. One limped, leaning on the other one for support. Chewbacca expected them to be ransomed for a rather high price with the Republic.

. . . . .

The ship exited hyperspace next to the planet Nal Hutta, with its moon Nar Shaddaa orbiting around it. There were more Republic ships exiting hyperspace around them, and various criminal vessels coming up to ?greet? them. The Republic ships began to move in on Nal Hutta?s moon as the mercenaries began to close in on them. One fired a laser cannon, grazing the shields of Luke?s vessel and doing little damage. That was enough, however. Enough to start.

Alarms blared, people rushed to combat stations, Luke himself went to a quadlaser turret facing out on the enemy. "Let?s blow these criminals!" He yelled, as the ship began to turn to face them. Laser fire erupted from both sides, spewing forth. Luke blasted his quad cannon, aiming for the largest criminal ship, about the size of a football field, which was the size of the Republic ships sent. A larger fleet would be approaching soon, with Star Destroyers and more weapons.

The mercenaries were fighting mainly with snubfighters, skimming the surface of the Republic ships that were trying to get a hit in. Luke fired his lasers at one, destroying it. This battle was easy, with very little resistance. Luke had a feeling that things hadn?t truly started yet as the largest vessel lit aflame, its shields down with laser bolts still pouring in.

As the alarms shut off he heard the intercom, "All clear, we?re moving in."

. . . . .

The Trandoshan ship exited hyperspace above Kashyyk. Their next stop was Nar Shaddaa, and whatever it may bring.

15. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Straight on top of a Republic fleet. Dumb lizards.

16. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    *bump*

17. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    The thought of Luke yelling "Let's blow these criminals!" sends me into unknown fits of laughter, LMAO! :D

Nice job, Ornen, hehe.

18. Tessine-Sabe

Tessine-Sabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2003
    Nice job! The only thing is...I don't know what you're planning to do with Mara and Han, but she's starting to sound and seem a lot like Leia would be...don't know if you were trying for a distinction there. Just a comment. lol, dumb slavers. *giggles* I hope they get blown to bits...well not with Chewie and Han on there... :p

Tess

19. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    Pretty cool so far! Apparently those Trandoshans won't die of old age. ;)

20. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    nice post

21. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Hopefully more soon.

22. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    UP, since this story should be on Page 1!

23. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Chapter 6

The Trandoshan ship exited hyperspace in next to Nal Hutta, with its moon Nar Shaada orbiting nearby. It was a decently sized ship, mainly designed for smuggling. The ship looked somewhat banged-up, but it worked well, thriving off powerful engines that would get it out of whatever problem it would come up against. The crew had decided not to offer the ransom yet, for it would pump up Republic security in the area.

There were a few Republic ships in the area, a Star Destroyer fleet featuring many smaller ships. The Star Destroyer hovered between Nar Shaada and Nal Hutta, right next to the moon, while the smaller ships descended in on the planet.

?Don?t get too joyful yet,? One Trandoshan said, ?We aren?t stupid.? The ship accelerated, hitting its top speed and zooming in for Nar Shaada. It became a blur, zipping past the Star Destroyer, getting within meters of it, skimming the surface on its way to Nar Shaada. ?By the time they realize we?re here, we?ll be gone.?

. . . . .

The ship set down on a landing platform on Nar Shaada, as the ship sprayed laser bolts downward at various criminals near the site, attempting to defend it. Other ships descended all around, and smaller fighters and bombers had begun to do hit-and-run attacks. The goal was to secure a good part of Nar Shaada by the time the night was over, and hopefully capture the rest of the moon within a month or two.

The ship set down, lasers blaring. The area was being cleared out, as criminals began to duck into alleyways, buildings, and other corners where they could hide. As the criminals began to retreat, the ship?s five landing ramps opened up and Republic soldiers readied their blaster rifles for whatever may oppose them on Nar Shaada.

. . . . .

Mara gazed out the window as the vibrant scenery of Nar Shaada flashed by. She heard a worried shout from the cockpit of the ship, and looked out the back window to see a trio of Republic fighters hot on their tail. Laser bolts streaked out of repeater cannons mounted on the fighters, flying through the air in a colorful but deadly barrage.

?The shields are taking damage!? A Trandoshan shouted.

Han sat in a corner, unable to get up and see what was happening due to his broken limb. ?What?s happening out there?? Han asked Mara, who was gazing out the window at the fighters.

?A group of Republic fighters is blasting at us,? Mara said as the ship began to shake, ?This isn?t looking good for us.?

?Great observation. You know, I never would have been able to come to such a conclusion-?

?Hey, I could have left you for the dead back there. I didn?t have to do anything.? Mara replied to Han?s witty comment.

A group of Trandoshans grabbed Mara and Han as the ship shook violently. ?Listen, we don?t mean to ruin your plans, but you two are valuable to us! We?d never leave you behind?? One said, throwing Mara and Han in a large escape pod with a Wookiee. A group of Trandoshans entered the escape pod with them as the door shut behind them, sealing them off as the escape pod departed the ship as it began to flame.

. . . . .

As the doors opened up, Luke rushed out, saber flying, with a group of assault troops behind him. The Republic had ditched the cloning program long ago, in favor of real troops. Luke deflected a volley of blaster bolts aimed at his group, as all around them soldiers poured out of the Republic vehicle. Turrets continued to fire from the ship at buildings where laser fire answered back at the Republic troops that flowed from the ship. The fighting was on.

A blaster bolt raced at Luke, he deflected it, his blade in a position ready to deflect whatever came his way. The troops behind him began to fire with their rifles as combat heated up. Luke ducked inside a small concrete hut, decapitating a surprised Bothan. A couple of soldiers followed him in. Nobody else was in the hut, so Luke ordered the soldiers to take up positions in the hut for now. Luke walked outside, nearly getting hit with a snipers shot. Luke called out ?Sniper!? as Republ

24. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Bump. Come on people!

25. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    What happen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.