main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Light and Love - written for MMM 9/13 challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMara77, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Title: Light and Love
    Author: JediMara77
    Genre: Mush
    Pairing: Luke/Mara (omg what a shock!)
    Description: Mara reflects on her relationship with Luke.
    Author's note: Written in response to the Monday Mush Mania 9/13 challenge. "Everyone loses someone they love, it's a fact of life and of loving. Write a vignette exploring the impact of the loss of a loved one on a character."

I could not sense you in the Force when we first met. It is ironic, being that we have been so defined by it.

When I first felt you, it was as if a bright light beamed down upon me, showering me with warmth that would draw me to you forever. From that moment on, I struggled against the last command planted inside me. When it was finally silenced, I was proud to call you my friend.

Time passed. I kept finding myself being drawn to you. No matter how I tried, I could not shy away from your light. We passed each other, like ships in space, trying to find our own ways through the Force. It was a futile effort.

After ten years of fighting the inevitable, I finally let down my walls. I allowed your light inside me, and to my surprise, your entire essence filled my soul. It was a completeness I had never expected, and never wanted, until it was there. I could not--would not--let it go. I was, for all eternity, joined to you in love.

Together, we fought through dark times. We created life. We rebuilt the past. We looked towards the future.

Then, as quickly as it started, it all came to an end.

I felt your anguish as I was taken from you, for it was also my own. There was an emptiness inside me that I hadn't felt in years, and hoped would never return. In the back of my mind, I always expected you to go first. I knew that I could play the part, and be strong for our son.

I never prepared myself to be alone.

But even now, as I wait for you, your light still shines on me--never fading, never diminishing. Your love still fills me--never failing, always comforting. They are the beacons that guide my way through the Force.

I try to send some of the light back to you, to fill you with the love you think you have lost. To give you strength to go on for our son. To show you what you will find when your time in the universe has ended:

Light, and love.

Even alone, I have found, it is beautiful.

So I watch, and I wait, keeping safe for you our light and our love.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A beautiful MMM entry =D= Loved the title -- them in a single phrase. :)

It carries a very vulnerable and gentle tone for Mara :D

The L/M relationship in all its phases has always been an intense delight and fascination.

:) The how rightness of their being together coupled with how long it took for them to realize [face_laugh]

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    But even now, as I wait for you, your light still shines on me--never fading, never diminishing. Your love still fills me--never failing, always comforting. They are the beacons that guide my way through the Force.

I try to send some of the light back to you, to fill you with the love you think you have lost. To give you strength to go on for our son. To show you what you will find when your time in the universe has ended:

Light, and love.

Even alone, I have found, it is beautiful.

Awww, that was wonderful.

Beautiful piece. =D=

4. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    So I watch, and I wait, keeping safe for you our light and our love.

Lovely!! That was such a beautiful line! =) I LOVE that you told it from Mara's side...from the "other side"--brilliant!

Absolutely perfect viggie [face_applaue]

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A lovely companion piece to the one I just read.

Beautiful this view from Mara.=D==D=

6. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes: Thank you, as always. :)

FelsGoddes: Thank you very much! I recently finally read Mara's death scene in Sacrifice (I know, took me long enough) so I thought this was appropriate. That way I still kind of have a happy ending...lol.

Irish_Jedi_Jade: I LOVE that you told it from Mara's side...from the "other side"--brilliant!
    Thanks! Thinking about it, I realized that Mara is actually the one completely alone...Luke and Ben at least have each other. So I decided to her use her POV.
    (Actually, I like to picture her and Anakin making fun of Jacen a lot.)

earlybird-obi-wan: Glad you enjoyed it! Thank you! :)

7. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    That was a wonderful response to the challenge. [face_love]

Loved the title, so gentle and caring.

Great Job!!

8. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Thank you, Kailene. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.