main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends -Light Green Eyes- Re: the April Ben Skywalker challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Meredith_Kenobi, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Written for the April Ben Skywalker challenge: What would Ben's life be like as an adult if he had continued to deny the Force?
    Include the words:

Sobriquet- an unofficial name or nickname, especially a humorous one
    Scion- a child or descendant of a family, especially a rich, famous, or important family
    Aberrant- deviating from what is normal or desirable
    Felicity- happiness or contentment

Jaina sometimes wondered about her young cousin. Would he ever quiet down, have a home, wife and children of his own? At this rate it didn?t seem as if he were going to, much to his mother?s dismay. Instead, following the Skywalker tradition, Ben Skywalker had to be off saving the galaxy, getting into trouble, always concerned for the well being of everyone but himself.

And yet.

And yet he did it all without the Force. He was still as silent and blank in the Force as he had been since he was a small child. He still hid. Jaina, unlike many people, had accepted this. She accepted that Ben still had a reluctance to use the Force. It used to bother her. She hadn?t understood why he did it, and it had annoyed her. But now she knew.

Everyone thought it was because of the Yuuzhan Vong. That he had sensed too much death and fear and distress and pain through the Force when he was too young to understand. But that was not so.

It was the dream.

He had told only her about them, as far as she knew. And she had promised she wouldn?t tell a soul. He was afraid people would be frightened of him if he did tell them.

For as long as Ben could remember, so he told her, he had had the same dream every night. When he wakes up he cannot remember the dream, but is left with a profound feeling of guilt and sadness and a feeling of being betrayed. And a terrible feeling that the Force had failed him in some way. He claims he now won?t use the Force because he knows it will fail him when he most needs it. Jaina had told him that was ridiculous, it was only a dream.

When she had said that, Ben had looked up at her with a very strange look in his eyes. ?No.? he said. ?It was not just a dream. And I know the Force won?t fail me. I will fail it.?

He had left then, trying to hide the tears streaming from his eyes. Jaina had just sat there bewildered for a few moments, till it dawned on her. Ben had lied. There was something about his dream he was not telling her. And whatever that something was, it upset Ben very very much.

Ben leaned against the veranda staring at the girl. He did not know her name, but it seemed to him as if it was just there on the tip of his tongue.

The girl?s back was to him as she leaned on the balcony?s rail, staring down at the city bellow. Her dark brown hair seemed to glow in the newborn sunlight. She turned around and smiled. ?I knew you would come.?

Her face was not beautiful. It was scarred. Light pink scars were scattered about her face, one particularly long one starting at the top of her eye and sliding all the way to the middle of her chin, cutting through her lips. But they were not gruesome scars, and he did not mind them. They were part of her.

Ben ran up to her and scooped her into his arms, swirling her around and around. ?Of course I came!?

She laughed and cupped his chin in her hands, her hair swirling around her as they spun. She kissed him.

Ben loved her eyes. They were the lightest green he had ever seen. So light they were almost yellow. They always showed the deepest of her feelings be it anger, sadness, frustration. Right now her eyes were bright and happy, positively glowing with felicity.

Their lips parted and Ben set her back down on the ground. He stroked her cheek, his finger following the longest scar on her face. ?I love you so much.? He said and meant it.

The girl smiled but said nothing back.

That was when it happened. Her face, beautiful in its own way, suddenly became magnificently ugly, though it did not physically change. It was her eyes. They had been so sweet and kind before, but now? Her face became

2. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    This was a great post Meredith_Kenobi!

Of course I'd like to see more...[face_batting][face_praying]:D

3. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005

Fin? :eek: You can't leave us hanging! More!!!

4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    That poor girl!

5. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Wow!! Ben's nightmare came to life there at the end--very nice work. =D=

6. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Woah, this is really good. My poor Ben. Great imagry.

7. abvdasker

abvdasker Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2006
    yes please, more. I'm dying to know how it unfolds, or if we should just assume it ends with the events of the dream.

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    WOW! That was excellent, Meredith! =D=

It's really kinda scary that he is meeting the girl from his dream, but that he doesn't remember it! But I guess.. "Always in motion the future is." So maybe it won't happen that way.

I also would love more! I want to know why Jania's little girl can feel him in the Force when no one else can. And I also want to see if is dreams come true!

Great use of the challenge words! I especially loved sobriquet, the nickname, and the story behind it!

Great Job!
    And I hope to see more!

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This one really needs to be continued! [face_shame_on_you] A wonderful use of the required words! :D

A wonderful job! =D=

10. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    I love Jaina's daughter. She is so cute. And poor Bennie and the dreams. I agree with everyone else. This needs to be continued.

Good job!

jacky

11. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Thanks everyone: Kidan, Jade_Pilot, Silsolo, JediMaster_Jen, ZaraValinor, abvdasker, mavjade, VaderLVR64, and jackyyy17. Thanks so much for reading and reviewing!
    A lot of you said I should continue this, but unfortunately I have too much on my plate at the moment. Also my sister wouold probably kill me - she's reading one of my two WIP's, and asks me every day whether I've updated. :rolleyes: So it's for self preservation purposes that I leave this story how it is. hee hee... [face_whistling]
    Um, so, yeah. Thanks again! :D

12. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Very Outer Limits... I like!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.