main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Light of a Single Candle (1/2) (Qui, Obi) (Answer to Qui-Gon Mush Challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by advocate1900, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. advocate1900

advocate1900 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    DISCLAIMER: I do not own Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, or any of the other familiar Star Wars characters. They all belong to George Lucas and Jude Watson. If they did belong to me, I?d make sure there were at least ten more books in the JA Series, but alas, they don?t.

TITLE: Light of a Single Candle

AUTHOR: advocate1900

SUMMARY: It?s time for the Winter Festival on Coruscant. Everywhere there is happiness and holiday spirit?or is there? A scant few months after Jedi Master Tahl?s death, sixteen-year-old Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi is wondering that exact same thing?

SERIES: No

SPOILERS: Yes, for JA #15 and JA #16.

CATEGORY: Drama/Angst, H/C, NON-SLASH

TIME PERIOD: 9 years Pre-TPM, somewhat AU

RATING: G-PG

A/N: It?s a little too early for Christmas, but oh, well, I wanted to get this posted. There is a father/son relationship between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, but even if you don?t like that sort of thing, please read this fic anyway. Please R&R!

/thoughts/

//telepathy//

.:Light of a Single Candle:.

Cold. That was his first sensation as he woke up on the morning of the first day of the Winter Festival on Coruscant. The quarters he shared with his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant were all but freezing, or at least his room was. Shivering in his too thin tunic, sixteen-year-old Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi, slowly sat up. He kept the heavy blanket he had acquired sometime during the night around his shoulders as he swung his legs over the side of his bed and gazed out the window.

It was snowing. A wall of sheer white occupied the space normally reserved for transports.

Excitement rose in Obi-Wan?s heart. It had been years since Coruscant had last gotten a decent snowfall. He was probably too old for that sort of thing, but at the moment he was too thrilled to care. Maybe he would be able to go out later if it slowed down a bit. He hoped Qui-Gon would go with him.

The thought of his fully grown Master playing in the snow made Obi-Wan smile. Speaking of which?Qui-Gon should be awake by now.

Hurriedly, he got off his bed and put on a set of fresh clothes, finally slipping on the boots he usually wore around their quarters and the Temple. As of late, Qui-Gon had been more cheerful?no longer burdened by Jedi Master Tahl?s death of several months before?but that still did not stop Obi-Wan from worrying about the man who, for all intents and purposes, was his father. The month or so after Tahl?s death had been the worst. It had taken two harrowing missions and Obi-Wan nearly losing his life for his master to make Qui-Gon see that he was not alone and that Tahl would not want him to be alone. Since then, the Jedi Master had improved considerably, but Obi-Wan was still concerned and wary about this year?s Winter Festival. Qui-Gon, shortly after the mission during which Obi-Wan had almost died, had told him (through bittersweet tears) about all the insane havoc he, Mace Windu, and Tahl had wreaked during this particular festival when they were Padawans themselves. The young Jedi only hoped that, being this was the first holiday after Tahl?s death, Qui-Gon wouldn?t take it too hard.

When Obi-Wan entered the main area of their quarters, he was both surprised and worried to find that he was the only one there. /Surely he hasn?t gone out in this weather!/ the Jedi Padawan thought frantically, wildly glancing around their quarters, he searched for anything?a datapad or even a simple note scribbled onto flimsy?that would let him know where his Master was. After a few intense moments he spotted the small datapad lying on the kitchen table and his heartbeat returned to normal.

Rubbing his face with hands that still shook slightly, Obi-Wan thought, /I?ve been worrying way too much lately./

Walking quickly into the kitchen, the boy picked up the datapad and read it. His mouth went dry and his stomach dropped as he did so:

OBI-WAN (it read),

I?LL BE BACK BY, AT THE LATEST, 8:00 AM, I PROMISE. I HAVE A FEW ERRANDS TO RUN O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.