main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Light Saber Construction

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Nakta_Ga-mat, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nakta_Ga-mat

Nakta_Ga-mat Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    I am not as fanatic about costumes as much as building my own lightsaber. That being the case, I think it would be great if we could get together and exchange ideas and maybe spend time building them together. I have money periodically that I can use to buy the materials, but I don't have any imagination to build my own. Perhaps we could all go to Home Depot or something and maybe ya'll could fill me in on what is good to use. Let me know what you think...

P.S. The big reason I am not as into costumes is that I'm a rather large individual and am afraid of how much fabric I would have to buy to keep it from looking like I have to SQUEEZE into it...HAHAHAHA

2. Micah333

Micah333 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    That is a wonderful idea. I think that lightsabers should be the main focus (plus elections) of our third meeting. What do you all think???

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    works for me. I love working on lightsabers. Problem is, who has an area where we can make messy? Because trust me, it DOES get messy.

4. Micah333

Aug 13, 2002
    Along with a nice place to meet, I have a workshop upstairs, complete with tools and stuff :)

5. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    sounds great!

6. DarthLeif

DarthLeif Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2002
    this would be fun but the supplies will cos quite a bit wont they? So that means that we should give about 10 bucks to the charity "For the people who have to have lightsabers imidiatly"

7. DarthLeif

DarthLeif Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2002
    i'll go on jeopardy if no one wants to give to the charity

8. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I don't know that anyone has to have one imidiately...and I won't have any money to spare after paying for my parts plus gas up to Denver, so I can't help ya out there.

9. Micah333

Aug 13, 2002
    I think that even if some people can't or don't want to do the saber thing, we could still plan it. Along with the sabers we can work on costumes, chat, watch THE movies, and figure out how to buy a Land Speeder on eBay. Oh wait, that needs to be done NOW!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1855415508&ssPageName=ADME:B:BN:US:1

How do you add links???

10. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    {link=linkaddy} where {}=[]

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Mmm... if I am ever in town I will love to work on another Lightsaber. I had LOTS of fun doing mine. And I have lots of Vinyl we can use for grips. :D

Boy, Micah, your place is fully loaded isn't it? ;)

And Nakta, I am sure it won't take that much fabric to do a costume for you. Go to Walmart and look in the dollar fabric bin. Find some stuff you think would work for tunics. For each tunic I would estimate about 4 yards. Not including the obi and the tabards. The robe would be about 7.5-8 yards, and that fabric can be a bit hard to find sometimes. The great thing about Jedi costumes is they are very liberal with the sizing. The robes can fit nearly anyone since the measurements you use are height an arm lenght only. The belt is probably the only un dynamic part of the entire costume. :p

12. Optimus77

Optimus77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    How much does a saber cost anyway? I'll try to scrounge up the dough for one. I think it'll be fun.

13. Micah333

Aug 13, 2002
    I made my three from stuff just lying around in the workshop. I'd like to know how much to set aside as well.

14. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    now that I have some spare junk to put on one, I spend about $20 or so on new parts, but my first time I probably spent about $30-$35 or so.

If anyone wants to go to Lowe's & Home Depot with me when I go to shop for my new parts, just let me know, I'd be glad to share with you waht I've used before and stuff.

15. Nakta_Ga-mat

Nakta_Ga-mat Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    I would definately like to go with you to get supplies...if nothing else, it would give me some ideas of what to buy...I printed out all of the Yellow Box lightsabers and instructions as well, if you would like me to bring that with me. Just let me know when, and where and all the details...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.