main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Light Saber Duels - OT or PT style?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth EL Pollo Loco, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I really enjoyed the PT duels, but felt they were incongruent to the OT...strikingly so, so I'd like to see a balance.

The Jinn/Kenobi/Maul is the highest standard. My favorite, bar none.

2. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I want the duels in the ST to be quick and brutal. Whenever a lightsaber is ignited, body parts should go missing; no more cutting through doors and droids.

Sean Sinclair and Force Smuggler like this.
  3. Vicarious Fan

Vicarious Fan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2013
    not like this

something in between the PT and OT.

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  4. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Well the PT battles are far better than the fencing-style ones in the OT.

I want to see the Jedi change, though. They can't be so lame and blind (like how they didn't notice a powerful Sith was right under their very noses until it was pretty much too late) in this new trilogy. I have faith that under Master Skywalker the Jedi will have a clue, though. Another thing I think, is that while Palpatine was a crazy maniac, he always had a plan and I don't think he ever thought he was invincible. I mean the biggest chance you saw him take was betting that Anakin's emotions would cause him to turn, and save him from Mace Windu. He was right there. He also somehow was able to hide his very evil nature from the Jedi for many years, and since he's a master of deception you know there's no way he never considered that he could be killed and have no backup plan.