Light Saber duels you want to see in Episode III

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Star_Wars_3, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star_Wars_3 Jedi Youngling

I was just wondering what light saber duels do you wanna see in Episode III?
  2. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    AniVader V. Obi-Wan should be the light saber battle to end all light saber battles. :D

The AniVader V. Mace should be a Kick A$$ duel as well, as Sammy L. aint going down like a punk. :D :D :D
  3. Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    mace needs to showcase his power against a sith lord, id love to see him confront and almost kill palps when vader in armor shows up and a great duel begins, that would be kick ass, i think this duel should be the last one
  4. KfistoRox Jedi Knight

star 2
    Of course Anakin/Obi1 shoud be the best.

That sounds good Jedi_Lord_Windu.

I hope Kit, Plo, and Aayla get in on some action. :D
  5. merlin Force Ghost

star 4
    [color=663300]A Zero G battle between Mace and Dooku. ;)[/color]
  6. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    I hope Kit, Plo, and Aayla get in on some action.

You realize that they will all die :(, hopefully though, AnaVader will do it in some awsome manner that leaves us like this :eek:
  7. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    Mace vs Dooku, without a doubt. Although I could settle for Mace versus Anakin, or MAce versus new bad guy (if the new guy is either a Sith, or it's intense like Fett vs Kenobi was in AOTC).
  8. merlin Force Ghost

star 4
    [color=663300]Well, I definitely want to see SOME Zero G action goin on at some point. We haven't seen it yet in 5 movies that are VERY heavy in the space action.

In fact, the original reason Darth Vader has a mask on, is because the concept artist was under the impression the storm troopers and Darth Vader would make a trek through the vacuum of space before boarding Leia's ship (Tantive IV or something?) in ANH. So that tells me that George had some Zero Gravity stuff in mind. [/color]
  9. The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Master

star 4
    Dooku V Anakin
    Mace V Anakin
    Obi V Anakin

That's what I want to see. Anakin has to fight atleast once, but preferbaly twice in a saber duel and win. Otherwise he'll go into ANH, the Chosen One and the second most feared man in the galaxy without ever winning a saber duel.
  10. JN-66 Jedi Knight

palps using a lightsaber against any one would be a treat. other than that I would like to see Mace pull some of that vilapad (SP?) out.
  11. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I don't think Mace should almost kill Palpatine because Mace is powerful, but that powerful?

Vader(In armor) vs. Anybody

Anakin vs. Mace

Anakin vs. Dooku

Anakin vs. Obi-Wan

Anakin vs. Plo Koon
  12. ForceMaster101 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ani v. Obi
    Yoda v. Palps
    Mace v. Dooku
    Vader(armor)v. anyone
  13. KfistoRox Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey Ghost_Jedi they don't have to die for certain, but doesn't matter if they do or don't b/c we'll never see them again. :(
  14. Qui_Gon_Jake Jedi Padawan

Plo Koon v ne1
    Hes Cool
  15. The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Master

star 4
    As long as Palps doesn't fight, I'm gonna be chuffed.
  16. Saber_Leader Force Ghost

star 4
    Obi-Wan vs Anakin/Vader

Mace vs Dooku

Yoda vs Sidious
  17. Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    mace wont fight dooku, hell fight anakin, ive got a hunch
  18. Darth_Sacrilicious Force Ghost

star 2
  19. Ice Jedi Force Ghost

star 3
    now that would be interisting. I kind of hope we don't see Yoda fight with a saber agian. It was reall cool when we saw it, but i don't think its needed.

As far as the Mace fight, i hope he gets destroied by anakin. Just so show the power that Anakin has inside him.

--Ice Jedi--
  20. darthgrendel2003 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    -i think anakin will fight and kill dooku
    -i think that anakin will be winning his fight against obi wan when an earthquake or something happens and anakin looses his footing and almost falls into the lava. he is hanging on to the edge or whatever and obi-wan gives his hand out, and say something like "it's not too late", to which anakin just let's go and drops into the pit
    -anakin, now vader proceeds to kill any number of other jedi
    -we will of course see mace fight somebody, i think we all know that. he will either fight sidious or anakin, or maybe both at the same time. how does that grab you! of course he dies though
    -still holding out for a darth maul clone to come back and fight somebody, maybe a bunch of angry ewok shamans
    -anakin should have 2 seperate duels, maybe even 3. somebody has to kill mace and i don't think it will be dooku. so, vader goes into anh having killed mace, the 2nd most powerful jedi, and count dooku, who is probably mace's equal at least. so, as a final tally, vader (hypothetically) kills mace, dooku, a bunch of other jedi, obi-wan, and the emperor! how's that for all those who say anakin/vader isn't the man!
  21. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey Ghost_Jedi they don't have to die for certain, but doesn't matter if they do or don't b/c we'll never see them again.

KfistoRox, I think it would be better for the arc of the storyline for them to die, especially at the hands of AnaVader. If, and don't flame me for this, we are to believe that Vader is the evil encarnated that he is, with the ability to choke someone with his 2 fingers without caring, we have to see him kill massive him amount of people, and more than just the Tusken Raiders. This requires him to kill the Jedi he once looked up to, this includes Kit, Plo, and Aayla. Remember he will embrace the dark side, and everything that comes with that.
  22. merlin Force Ghost

star 4
    [color=663300]I think defeating Mace and him fight with Obi would show his power. HE doesn't HAVE to kill Fitso, Aalya, Bariss, or any of the named jedi. He could easily just knock off a few little jedi and one big one.

I figure rather than actually seeing the destruction of all the Jedi in this episode, we'll see the start of the hunt for the Jedi. I'd bet he'll use bounty hunters as well as go hunt them down himself.

I can see the end now. After Palpatine has taken over completely, he sends Vader off on the only mission Vader wants... to hunt down, and destroy all the Jedi. If that is just mentioned in the movie, it'd be enough for me. [/color]
  23. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    I figure rather than actually seeing the destruction of all the Jedi in this episode, we'll see the start of the hunt for the Jedi. I'd bet he'll use bounty hunters as well as go hunt them down himself.

First off, if we dont see the destruction of the all the Jedi but Yoda and Obi people will complain about the loose ends.

Secondly this movie can not & will not have a 'happy ending" to it. Which I would love. One of my favirote movies is Braveheart, and one of the reasons I loved is the lack of a happ ending. In epIII, which is to be the darkest of the entire franchise, there will be a lot of deaths, this includes the death of many Jedi.
  24. merlin Force Ghost

star 4
    [color=663300]Where's your logic? If you know Vader is starting his hunt for all the Jedi, and then in ANH we learn that the hunt was successful, where are the loose ends?[/color]
  25. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    What I am simply saying is that there are certain people that will want everything explained, with no loose ends, no room for interpertation.

I am not like that.

However, I feel that epIII must remind us of what we felt about AnaVader, especially during ANH. When most of us first saw ANH, he truely was bad@ss. A couple a years of go there was a poll of who was the cinema's worst bad guy. Vader came in #3 behind Jack in the Shinning/i] and i forget #2. But still epIII is to be the launchpad of Vader's evilness. And I want to see the full descent into the dark side, and if that requires his slaying of Jedi who's background we know less of (read smaller characters) then the better it will be. Remember this movie GL expects to make the less because it will be so dark. Why? Due to the death of many characters we have met.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.