main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Light The Night 2011

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VoxDeamonicus, Feb 2, 2011.

1. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    once again, I will be putting together a team for this year's light the night. once i have our team page and info, i'll post here. The event this year will be on the 1st of oct.
    http://www.lightthenight.org/ky/

Again, I'm in the process of registering the team, once that is done, I'll post on here with details on how to join the team and/or donate. This is just to let you guys know what's going on. The team will once again be something to do with The Dark empire, just like last year.

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I'll "Save the Date" on my calendar.

3. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    You know I"m up for this. [face_batting]

4. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Okay, got off the phone with the director of the event. I'm waiting on the roadblock list so we can plan those.
    For those who wish to join the team this year:

You do not need to join the team to donate. Do donate to the team, or to donate in general:

http://pages.lightthenight.org/ky/Louisvil11/DarkEmpireStarWarsFans

You can send checks if you want, I believe the site will tell you how to do that. If you live in Louisville you can also go the Light the Night HQ and donate in person.
    More info will be posted when I have it.

5. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    here is the roadblock schedule.
    2011 Roadblock Schedule

Date Place
    2/5/2011 Preston & Outer Loop
    2/5/2011 Westport Rd & Hurstbourne Ln
    2/12/2011 Shelbyville Rd & Hurstbourne
    2/12/2011 Breckenridge LN & Taylorsville RD
    2/19/2011 Shelbyville Rd & Hurstborne LN
    2/19/2011 Westport & Hurstbourne
    2/26/2011 Bardstown Rd &Taylorsville RD
    2/26/2011 Preston & Outer Loop
    3/5/2011 Breckenridge LN & Taylorsville RD
    3/5/2011 Shelbyville Rd & Hurstbourne
    3/12/2011 Westport & Hurstbourne
    3/12/2011 Shelbyville Rd & Hurstbourne
    3/26/2011 Preston Hwy & Outer Loop
    3/26/2011 Westport & Hurstbourne LN
    4/2/2011 Breckenridge LN & Taylorsville RD
    4/2/2011 Preston & Mudd Lane
    4/9/2011 Westport & Hurstbourne LN
    6/11/2011 Preston & Outer Loop
    6/11/2011 Westport Rd & Hurstbourne Ln
    6/18/2011 Shelbyville Rd & Hurstbourne
    6/18/2011 Breckenridge LN & Taylorsville RD
    7/2/2011 Shelbyville Rd & Hurstbourne
    7/2/2011 Westport Rd & Hurstbourne
    7/16/2011 Westport & Hurstbourne
    7/16/2011 Shelbyville Rd & Hurstbourne LN
    8/13/2011 Hurstbourne & Taylorsville RD
    8/13/2011 Westport & Hurstbourne LN
    8/20/2011 Westport & Hurstbourne LN
    8/20/2011 Shelbyville Rd & Hurstbourne LN
    9/3/2011 Breckenridge LN & Taylorsville RD
    9/3/2011 Preston Hwy & Outer Loop
    9/17/2011 Breckenridge LN & Taylorsville RD
    9/17/2011 Westport Rd & Hurstbourne LN
    10/1/2011 Shelbyville Rd & Hurstbourne LN
    10/1/2011 Westport & Hurstbourne LN
    10/8/2011 Preston & Mudd Lane
    11/12/2011 Preston Hwy & Outer Loop
    11/12/2011 Westport & Hurstbourne LN

we really liked the westport & hurstbourn ln one. for that one, i like the 4/9/11 date. warm enough, but not so hot we can't be in costume. Once I get more people on the team, we can decide what date.

6. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    just bumping this. Also, for the roadblock, costumes are encouraged, but not necessary, just wear something Star Wars. If you do dress up, remember safety first, look good second. Refine from wearing anything that would obscure your vision, or make it hard for you to move, or that increases your chance of falling or tripping.

7. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    I just registered on the site. And yea, don't do like I did and trip in a crack that is full of grass so that you can't see how deep it is, fall down and skin the shabs outta your knees. I still have the scars... yep, took one for the team. But at least my gown was spared, and that is what's important. [face_dancing]

8. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    this is a bump, as well as a reminder. need to start figuring out a date for a road block.

9. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    O.K... I'll open this up. I'm available for 4/9. My calendar is open that day, Appo will still be here... that would work for us. If we can't find enough people for this one, I'm un-available for it until the fall. It was simply too hot out on the concrete for me in the summer months. :oops: Whew!!!

10. Kepare

Kepare Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2010
    I *SHOULD* be able to be there on 4/9. We're in mandatory OT right now, since some company initiatives have pushed our workload up, so I don't know one week to the next. But hopefully the kinks should be ironed out by then.

11. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    okay, we are set for April 9, from 3 till dark. we'll meet up at the kroger's that is at that corner, same as last year. However, it is still just Zannah, myself, and my wife becka confirmed for this. We need more people to be able to do a roadblock. The more the better, but at least three more people, otherwise I'll have to drop the roadblock. So, if you can do it, let me know by the 5 of April.

12. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    okay, soo, bad news. We've had a family emergency here, and as such, I am going to cancel our roadblock for this weekend. As team captain, I have to present at the roadblock, and that just can't happen right now, I need to be able to be near a phone, and to be able to drop everything quickly. I've already informed Jenn, (Light the Night organizer). We shall look at the dates and see when we want to try again. May will still be nice enough for costumes, we'll just have to choice a different location. Or we can wait until Sept. Again, this weekend's roadblock is canceled.

13. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    I hope everything turns out alright with you all. I'm having a couple of people over this Saturday night, and I was a little worried about being tired after the street collections, but I sure as heck am not glad about why it was canceled. My best to you and yours, and keep me informed about what's going on. I'm a phone call away. [face_peace]

14. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Hey there Vox, keep your fingers crossed, I might have a sizable donation (better than the total tally of last years collections =D=) on behalf of The Dark Empire. (anonymous donation) It's looking very good. Seeings how we missed this street collection date, I wanted you to know that. I'm working behind the scenes for us.

15. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    awesome. this is why i love you. I can always count on you, my sister.

16. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    okay, bumping the thread. We need to look for a date in sept. if we want the same interesction as last time, that would be the 9/17. there are a few other dates. October would be out, since the event is the 1st of the month. i know ther dates after that, but this is for both Light the Night, as well as Team in Training.
    Also, i just want to add again, that safety is first. I hate to sound controlling, but dress smart. Avoid capes, heels, anything that restricts movement or eyesight. I will get very angry if you get hurt and it turns out to be your fault.
    One more thing, keep campiagning for donations!! I've got some companies looking into letting me set up jars, or even just donating. hit up your co-workers and friends and family. I've got a few that will donate later on, closer to the event. I would like to raise has much money as possible. I have no intention of stopping until this fight is over. I know form both first hand and second hand experience fighting cancer. I've lost family and friends to various types, including Leukemia, and I'm a surivior of Leukemia myself. I just simply will do whatever it takes to keep more from falling.

17. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    this is mostly a bump. we still need to figure out a date in Sept. let me know what works for everyone. don't forget, go ask everyone you know for donations. I'm going to go start talking to businesses here soon for collection jars and donations.

18. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    I need to know ASAP: which intersection do you guys what to do? Our normal intersection is unavailable, it is already booked up. the only date in Sept is the 3rd. here are our choices:
    9/3/2011 Breckenridge LN & Taylorsville RD
    9/3/2011 Preston Hwy & Outer Loop
    of the two, the preston is the bigger one, and would require more then 4 people. I may be able to get one more person to the rooster, not sure. Actually, both would require more people, but we could swing the breckenridge one easier. Of course, we made only get the luck of the draw, this close to the date. Let me know what you guys want, I'll see what i can swing. Also, Zannah, sometime soon we need to secure the donation from the donor you secured and get it to the LLS office. let me know when we can do that.

19. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Think I'm gonna be out of town that weekend. Made a small donation to the team to make up for my absence.

20. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    thank you mika. truly, thank you.
    I already know one person who can not make it. However anyone else who can help, please post here. We shall be working the B/T intersection. 15:00 till we stop, or the sun goes down.

21. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    okee-dokee. it will be Breckinridge/Taylorsville intersection, Sept 3rd, from 15:00 onward. the two closest points for a rally point are the KFC, and Johnson's Animal Clinic. the other businesses are not convenient for access to and from the intersection. My vote is for the animal clinic. Still need people to help.

22. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Okay, just a bump/adivsorery. Again, our rally point will most likly be the animal clinic.
    For safety/legal reasons, NO bladed sabers. keep it on your hip. Also, for safety, cloaks are okay, but no capes. Just try to use common sense. wear comfortable boots. I shall try to provide water or gatorade for us to drink.
    If you decide not to wear your costume, then either wear something star wars, or for those who got one last year, wear your Light the Night shirt.

23. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    another bump and reminder. the roadblock is next saturday, the 3rd of sept. we start at 15:00. rally point is the animal clinc at the intersection. costumes encouraged, keep the sabers on your hip.

24. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    roadblock this sat, 15:00. rally point is the animal clinc. be there about 14:30. A cooler with ice and some water bottles will be provided.

25. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Snap! Thatnks for the post, as that reminded me to get the donation in. Good seeing you in my neck of the woods too Vox.