main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Light The Night 2011

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VoxDeamonicus, Feb 2, 2011.

1. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    thank you Jammies!!!!!!!!

and by the way, Jammies, i shall be attending IUS this semster. Maybe I shall see you there, lol

2. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    road block tomorrow!! rally point animal clinic. rally up at 14:30, we start at 15:00. i'll have water and ice there.

3. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Let us know how it went bro. [face_batting]

4. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    as posted on the empire forums, it was really hot, had to call in family to work the site with me. out there for about 2 hours, got around $200 in bills, dropping of the change at the bank tomorrow to get counted. not bad for 2 hours.

5. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Nope, not bad at all brother. With what I have gathered, we'll make a very nice donation. Good job everyone. [face_dancing]

6. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    okay, so the total for the roadblock was $363.29. Not bad for 2 hours in the heat, but not great. still every bit helps.

7. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    okay, so the walk is this saturday. things begin at 17:30, with a family fest. The parade of banners starts at 19:00, opening ceremony at 19:15, the walk starts at 19:30. I plan on being there by 18:00. for the best directions on how to get there, follow this link:

hope to see you guys there!!!!!

8. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks! The Mrs and I plan to make it.

9. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
  10. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    will have the total figures on how much Light the Night raised this year. For our time, this year's goal was $1,000. We raised $1,643.29 roughly. Awesome job everyone. very proud. Big thanks to everyone that donated, and to everyone who came out to walk tonight. we get closer every day.

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Great event! Thanks for organizing again Vox.
    Here are a few pictures for those that couldn't make it...
    [image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/jedimika/Light%20the%20Night%20Walk%2010-1-2011/229.jpg]

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/jedimika/Light%20the%20Night%20Walk%2010-1-2011/222.jpg]

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/jedimika/Light%20the%20Night%20Walk%2010-1-2011/228.jpg]

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/jedimika/Light%20the%20Night%20Walk%2010-1-2011/230.jpg]

We also met a great family of Superfans (as you can tell from the Clone Trooper in the last pic). I gave them our card and invited them out to meet us some time. Because of the board problems they can't join/post but I hope they're reading this <<waves>>.

12. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Awesome job guys! Sorry about the scratchy throat, it turned out to be nothing. But I didn't want to take any chances. I remember I became ill when I walked last year with a runny nose... it became much worse afterwards. However... Mika!!!! [face_dancing] I LOVE the Dooku costume!!! Cant' wait to see it in the Empire!! RAWKIN!!!!

Awesome, simply awesomeness! Way to go!!! =D=

13. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    From Light the Night: On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and the patients we serve, thank you for your tremendous fundraising efforts! With your help, $340,000 has been raised to support our mission in finding cures for blood cancer. Donations are still coming in, and we expect to end the campaign at approximately $420,000.

As for the team itself, our goal this year was $1000. The grand total for the team was $1,643.29! Congrats guys!!! next year, for the roadblock, i am going to try to get the 501st and the Mando's to help us out.

14. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    WAY TO GO EVERYONE!! This is sooo wonderful! =D=

About the 501st.. they usually like to do these events under their own banner. And that's O.K.... just want to give you a heads up on that. But what you can do, is get a hold of the 501st local Garrison Commander of "The MidWest Garrison", and let him know the contact information. If they don't see this as a 501st event, then simply send out personal invites like you did last year to people you know like Captain Midnight and his family, T.K. Tim, and a few others. I'm sure it they are free they would more than welcome the opportunity to join in. Captain Midnight and family would have been at the walk this year, but they had an Emperial wedding to attend. Wow! That must have been a spectacle to see! I'd love to go to a wedding where people are getting married in Star Wars costumes... especially Trooper costumes. :D Oh my!! [face_dancing]

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I think you mean "MidSouth Garrison" (Ky and TN). The easiest way is just to go to the main 501st website and "Request an Appearance" and then it goes through the channels to the local command staff.

16. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    forgot to ask you mika, can i post these pics on my facebook page?

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Absolutely, thanks for asking.

18. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    i meant to ask you awhile back, and then school took over. So I shall grab them now that I have your permisson, and post them up on my facebook page.