main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Light The Night 2014!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VoxDeamonicus, Jan 26, 2014.

1. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    Gooooooddd Evening and welcome to this year's Light The Night!! I am working right now with the head of LLS to get the team registered, same name as last year, spelled correctly this time! The walk will again be at the end of September at Slugger Field, same as last year. Also, would like to make some changes this year.
    For this year's roadblock/s (hope to do more then one) I really need everyone who works the roadblock to be in costume. Show that we are a Stars Wars group. Also, Mika, Zannah, see if you can pull any local 501st out to help with the roadblocks. Dar, if you could get some extra Mando's, that would be awesome.
    Also, I would like to start talking about doing a yardsale. My parents neighborhood has a subdivision-wide yard sale at the beginning of September. Plenty of time before the walk. Would also like to discuss other fund raising ideas with you guys. I would like to crack the $5000 barrier or higher, so if you guys know people with money, or businesses willing to donate, GO TALK TO THEM AND MAKE THE DONATE!! please. please. I will post the link to the page once I have it.
    Also, I have some plans on helping to encourage you guys to get money rolling in. More info later, once the team is registered and stuff. You love it, it involves me doing something stupid.
    Anyway, Let's make this year the best one yet, raise money, and bring Cancer down!!

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks Vox!

As hot as the roadblocks get even with a kilt and short sleeves I think a full costume will be a hard sell for me.

3. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    go as han solo. besides, I'm going to try for one in the spring and maybe one at end of aug, early sept for a second one. I'm trying to work with the weather.

4. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Hon, as always.. "Thank you for heading this up". It is such an honorable thing you do and I love you for it.

About street collections in costumes...

Appo has a Jedi costume now he may be able to wear... me? I'm not good on the road blocks anymore hon. Skin won't handle the sun and wearing a cloak for the hood coverage is not only dangerous in the traffic due to visibility restrictions... but hot.

Although if I ask him, I think I can persuade Appo to come out there in his Jedi. ;) I want to bring something up. ... And that is since Mika and Appo have worn those kilts... their collection buckets went threw the roof. People really do like them. I know your wanting to have a show of Star Wars.. but people seem to really like those kilts. [face_cowboy] They've been throwing the money at them.

I suggest, and this is only a suggestion mind you... That anyone wearing a Kilt, to also wear a Star Wars T-shirt, and that anyone wishing to wear a costume that won't bake alive in it to be welcome to wear it.

Not being a negative annie here, it is only a suggestion based on the amount of money that has been collected with our guys wearing their kilts. [face_tee_hee]

As always... We will always do what we can my brother.

And a hint about Dar... he's not visiting these boards. Best to contact him on fb. :p

5. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    I'm fine with the kilts WITH star wars shirts. Costumed would be preferred, but that works too. I'll contact Dar in a bit. And I like having you with Becka in support. But I would like you and Mika to see if you can drum up some more costumed people for the roadblock. the more people, the less time any one person as to spend out there in the heat. The more people, the more we can rotate in and out. Also, The walk is the 27th of September. I would like to get some other ideas from you guys on fund-raising. I would like to due the yard sale at my parents house at the beginning of Sept. I would need people to be available all day for that, starting around 0600. That one I would need people in costume, as well as handlers helping out with the sales. Or maybe we could do it plain clothes, not sure. Trying to figure out what would be bring in the most money. Other ideas to get funds? Maybe some of you know of businesses to talk to? The team is now registered for the walk. Here is our web page:
    http://pages.lightthenight.org/ky/Louisvil14/thelouisvillegalacticallience
    Oh, I promised something fun to help get you motivated. If we make our goal of $5000.00, I hereby swear and promise, that in the fall semester of school, I will, for an entire day at school, wear a dress. no heels. but I will wear the dress. So, go raise that money!!!!

6. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Oh, and whoever raises the most money, gets to pick out the dress!

7. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    LOL!! WOOT!! Well alrighty then.. I'll see what I can do. :p

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for setting us up again Vox.

9. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    No problem. I am currently waiting for more info on the roadblocks. Until then, go hit up businesses and stuff!

10. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    still waiting on info for roadblocks. hoping to maybe get a date in april. weather should be nice for us.

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Vox PM incoming

12. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Received and replied.

13. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    so, here are the dates for the roadblock:
    8/9- Shelbyville & Hurstbourne
    8/16 Westport & Hurstbourne
    9/6 Westport & Hurstbourne or Taylorsville & Hurstbourne
    Even Andrew apologized for the slim pickings. We're the only team that does roadblocks. Hence, we really need to start looking at other sources. Talk to businesses about either donating, or letting you put up a jar or something. I will be in touch with them soon about getting flyers, logos, and other stuff. Remember, $5000 and I wear a dress for a day. Top donator/collector gets to pick the outfit!

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    It's too early to be 100% certain but
    8/9 looks good for me
    8/16 Might be out of town
    9/6 might be out of town

15. New Vanck

New Vanck Jedi Padawan

Oct 18, 2012
    Do you allow strangers like me to participate?

16. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
  17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Hey stranger! :)

18. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    The stranger the better, um, um, I mean hey stranger it'd be great to see ya there..=D= I'm sure myself and Lady "Z" will be able for any of the days..

19. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    I have logos and some templates that we can use. I have the files, just pm me with an address for me to send them to.

20. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
    Hey Vox send them (the files) to me.

21. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    pm your email addy. I no longer have a current one for you guys.

22. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
  23. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    email sent

24. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
    Got it thanks

25. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    also, going to try to get in touch with the owner of Empire Comics, here in Clarksville, about maybe doing a charity tournament. Most likely Magic: The Gathering. Will try to convince him to maybe do a X-wing one, who knows. Anyone know of other shops that might be able or willing to do something like this, let me know. Also, Start thinking of stuff you might want to use in a yard sale. Still thinking of doing the neighborhood wide one at my folks place, which will be in early Sept, usually around labor day. Won't know date until closer to that time. Also, be aware, depending on how things go with me getting a job at Metro Corrections, it might change whether or not I can make the Walk event. I would like you guys to attend anyways. Again, start hitting up friends and family, businesses, etc. Toying with the idea of contacting a local Kroger's or Wal-mart and do a cook out. That would require at least 4 people. Two cooking and serving, two working the crowd. Would like two in costume, not sure yet. Going to talk to Dar about maybe a patch design, and selling those. If anyone else has ideas on fund raising, shout out. There are no stupid suggestions....well, within limits. As good as a bikini car wash may sound, none of us look good in a bikini.