main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Light the Night 2015

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VoxDeamonicus, Feb 17, 2015.

1. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    Yep, that time again. The team is registered for the walk. Walk on Sept 26.
    http://pages.lightthenight.org/ky/Louisvil15/TheLouisvilleGalacticAlliance

Ideas on fundraising?
    I really want to go big this year. As of Feb 2, I am now 20 years in remission. Let's go big this year. Hit up everyone you can. Going to see if we can get a roadblock date in spring. Yard sale is still possible. Any one working a con that is willing to put out a donation jar? Donation jar at work? School? Local business? Hit everything and everyone. If we do a roadblock, can we get the 501st or the Mando's on board? I can talk to Dar. Other ideas?
    The $5,000 bet is still on for this year

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for taking point on this again Vox and congratulations on 20 years in remission. But leukemia still needs it's butt kicked so let's do this!

VoxDeamonicus likes this.
  3. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Looking into doing the yard sale again this year. So, start collecting things. Going to try to find the time to look into some charity events, like magic the gathering tourneys and stuff. You guys have any ideas?

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Whoops! Realized I hadn't joined the team yet. Done and first donation made :)

VoxDeamonicus likes this.
  5. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
  6. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    we are still doing this. Walk is in Sept. 26 or 24. I'll get back to you guys on that. Yard sale will be close to labor day weekend. I am working on some other fund raising. Let me know who might be able to do the yard sale, and who can do the walk.

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I'm willing to help with the yard sale again, just depends on the date and my availability. I've been setting stuff aside since last year's sale and I have quite a bit to donate. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the walk yet either.

8. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    cool beans. just keep me posted

9. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    The yard sale will be Sept 12th. Who is willing to help work that day?

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I can help on Saturday the 12th. I'm busy Friday so I can't help with set up though. I need to make a time to get with you the week before and drop my stuff off. I'm bringing lots of excess Star Wars swag so y'all come on out and shop if you can't hang around long enough to help.

11. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    cool beans. I work until 1400, and can get to the drop site by 1500. Mondays and wednesday, I can't get there at all due to school. let me know what works for you.

12. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Cool, I'm waiting on my September schedule. Will PM you after I get that. Or I know I'm off Labor Day if you're off.

13. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    i will be out of school that day. that would work. day of yard sale, it will be you, Becka, and Zannah. I am trying to be off that day, but I'm supervisor on the weekends, and that makes it tough to get off. I can only trade with other supervisors.

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Excellent. PM incoming.

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Looks like Mrs jedimika will be able to attend as well.

16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Very successful and fun yard sale this weekend. I'll let Vox give the grand total when final numbers are in but early numbers look good. The rain held off with only one brief shower and the Star Wars stuff sold real well. Thanks again to Vox and Becka for all the hard work organizing everything and their parents for hosting us.

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Walk is this weekend. The wife is out of town and I won't be able to make it either but I hope we get some LGA representation out there.

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Well over $600 from the yard sale and team total over $800!! Way to go!