main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Light the Night Walk 2009 - Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Charity Walk

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AramysStrael, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I am doing this event again. When Nick, Kevin and I did this last year we were a huge hit. Needless to say, LTN wants us back and have asked that we be some sort of entertainment for the crowd, you know photo ops with the kids who will be there.

Anyone who wants to participate, let me know. Anyone who wants to contribute any funds for the cause, you can go here:

http://pages.lightthenight.org/or/PortlndL09/TavrikGannon

No pressure. If nobody wants to participate, no worries. This is more personal to me since it is what my brother died of.

The event, itself, it on October 9, 2009 at my work (World Trade Center, Portland). Walk registration opens at 6pm, with the Walk, itself, starting at 7:30pm. Those who are interested in participating in costuming for this event are asked to be there, suited up and ready to go by 5:45pm.

Anyway, I know there wasn't much interest in doing this last year, but I thought I would offer it up to the OFF to see if any would be interested in doing this.

I'll cross post this over at Kashyyyk Base, Cloud City Garrison and the Mando Mercs, for the those folks who don't frequent the Oregon Fan Force forum.

- Bill

2. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I remember last year it rained (but it was still fun).

Lets hope for better weather this year !!

3. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Yes, that would be a plus. But then again, it is early October. Rain can be expected. But don't let that deter anyone. Crash came out with his whole family! I counted myself lucky that he was willing to brave the elements with me, on this.

To those who can give their time or a money donation, or just moral support - any kind of support is greatly appreciated!

- Bill

4. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    I'm in along with my son if needs be.

-Eric

5. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Awesome!

- Bill

6. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Information on the team page has been modified. The team goal is $501.... I am 501st, after all. The change was made at the behest of Ralph (aka Jabbasdead, on the CCG forum). It made a lot of sense. And it makes a really nice geeky tie-in for the cause, since Cloud City Garrison will be representing there, in some fashion.

To any who are still considering whether they want to participate, or not, I strongly urge you to do so. It is a great cause. I need all the support that I can get. Officially, there are only two people on the team, but there are others who piped up and said that they would participate, too. I need those people to sign up on the LTN page (link provided in the first post of this thread) and I need people to contribute some money. Call your friends, call your family - lets really make this a community effort for this cause.

Thanks!

- Bill

7. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    It's this Friday night!

8. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I am definitely looking forward to it. I think we have already raised more this year than we did last year, which is great. Looks like the weather ought to be fairly decent, too.

They are wanting us to be suited up in our costumes by 5:30 (for those who are costuming). Briana did say that dinner was provided and that we were invited to eat the grub that is provided. So, I guess (again, for those who are costuming) meet down at the top of the ramp (loading dock for the three building - under the skybridge on Salmon street) at about 5:00.

I will take us all down to the locker room, then and we can change and store our gear there.

I can't wait for Friday. Thanks to all who have donated their time, money or moral support!

- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.