main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Calgary Light the Night Walk

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Sep 7, 2012.

1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Prelude - any word on this event? Isn't it soon?

2. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    We've received confirmation from the Millar family that this event is happening!

Saturday, Sept 29th
    Start time: 7pm
    NEW PLACE: The walk has a new route - it's no longer at Eau Claire. We'll be meeting at the Indian Village at the Stampede Grounds at 6:15.

Costumes are, of course, encouraged, but not necessary. Manson, Dooks and Marcy worked really hard during the Expo - selling lots of toys to raise over $1100 for this charity! So it would be great if we could get a lot of folks out - please do your best to come support this great charity [face_batting]

3. lettersfromhoth

lettersfromhoth Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2012
    i'm able to get off earlier that day.. made sure the team lead know that it's a charity walk

4. lettersfromhoth

Sep 7, 2012
    where is the best place to park to get to the indian village?

5. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    What a fun night! While the new route was a little 'dodgy' in some places, thankfully there were a few light sabers around to lead the way [face_idea]
    This was our 5th year doing the walk - and the Millar family really appreciates our continued participation and fund raising efforts. Matthew was pretty happy :D

6. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I'll up load the team picture in the next day or so. It was a fun night but yes a little sketchy in parts.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

7. lettersfromhoth

Sep 7, 2012
    agreed the route was dodgey is places, still like the old route but the indian village was a nice starting spot... cant wait to see photos