main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Light the Night Walk

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Sep 7, 2012.

1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Prelude - any word on this event? Isn't it soon?

2. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    We've received confirmation from the Millar family that this event is happening!

Saturday, Sept 29th
    Start time: 7pm
    NEW PLACE: The walk has a new route - it's no longer at Eau Claire. We'll be meeting at the Indian Village at the Stampede Grounds at 6:15.

Costumes are, of course, encouraged, but not necessary. Manson, Dooks and Marcy worked really hard during the Expo - selling lots of toys to raise over $1100 for this charity! So it would be great if we could get a lot of folks out - please do your best to come support this great charity [face_batting]

3. lettersfromhoth

lettersfromhoth Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2012
    i'm able to get off earlier that day.. made sure the team lead know that it's a charity walk

4. lettersfromhoth

Sep 7, 2012
    where is the best place to park to get to the indian village?

5. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    What a fun night! While the new route was a little 'dodgy' in some places, thankfully there were a few light sabers around to lead the way [face_idea]
    This was our 5th year doing the walk - and the Millar family really appreciates our continued participation and fund raising efforts. Matthew was pretty happy :D

6. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I'll up load the team picture in the next day or so. It was a fun night but yes a little sketchy in parts.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

7. lettersfromhoth

Sep 7, 2012
    agreed the route was dodgey is places, still like the old route but the indian village was a nice starting spot... cant wait to see photos