main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightech VS. Parks sabers..Your thoughts!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Vir-Verus_Ceteri, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vir-Verus_Ceteri

Vir-Verus_Ceteri Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    Hi, I'm debating on which brand of light saber to get. I've been looking a lot at www.lightechindustries.com and www.parksabers.com I believe...And I'm trying to decide which ones are better. If any of you have these, and could let me know what you think of them, please do.

Thanks a lot!

2. Darth-Malone

Darth-Malone Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2002
    Parks is a lot better. They have better looking lightsabers and they are cheoper.

3. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    The guy from lightech is nice, so is Jeff Parks. However, Jeff Parks actually returns his emails (quickly toom I night add), his sabers are imho higer quality work, and less money so more for the buck! Plus the guy from lightech used to work for Parksabers... that's where he learned his stuff. I'd go with the master, not the apprentice.

4. Jaina_S_Fel

Jaina_S_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    I am soo relieved to hear the parksaber praise since I just dropped 300 smackeroos on one and have never heard of the other guys. Unfortunately, they have so much business that I won't get it until the middle of August(ish). Delivery time is at 10 weeks now.

5. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    i have a fury saber for sale, blue blade, if any one is interested! there is nothing wrong with it, i just need the money that is all... i have pics of it, in a similar thread like this one... i'll be putting it on ebay in about a month, but if someone gives me a good offer, i'll be willing to sell it.

6. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
  7. fezzman

fezzman Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    I just got my Lightech saber in the mail today...and I ordered it on Thursday. That's only 4 days!!!! I am extremely impressed with the speed here. The thing that I didn't like about Parks is that (going by the pictures) they have a different tip on the blade. I could be wrong about this.

The guy at Lightech was very helpful and even knocked $25 ($200 total for the Viper) off of the price for me. I have absolutely no complaints about the quality either.

Just my two cents.

8. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    The red tip you see in the pics is just a rubber cap for liability purposes. It pops right off.

9. EviL_DukKY

EviL_DukKY Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    I'd say parks.

10. fezzman

fezzman Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    Ahhh...well, that explains it. I'll definately consider one of Park's in the future (the very near future). From what I understand, he is going to have one that takes two 9V batteries and is brighter.

Lightech did tell me that they are working on a sound upgrade for their sabers. Anyone know if Parks has this in the works too?

11. Jaina_S_Fel

Jaina_S_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Not only does the red tip pop right off, but they now provide a clear one so you can have one that doesn't look stupid AND stuff won't fall into the open end of the tube.

12. Jedi_Eoc-Lleb

Jedi_Eoc-Lleb Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Anyone got pics of their sabres? (except you Jedi-Finney, I saw yours..nice. Thanx!) Just courious.

13. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    I need to buy a new digicam... the old one got dropped and is kaput. In a couple weeks I should have pics of mine, but we had a costume event tonite so if any pics are posted, I'll link them. I have a customized Echelon (have some black anodizing on the hilt). My wife has a Maelstrom, green blade, for now.

14. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    i picked up a green-bladed plasma saber from
    high-techmagic.com for about $150 and was very satisfied. it is very bright, and the batteries haven't gone out yet (and i've brought it to the theater 5 times! twice in costume as ben kenobi) the hilt is kind of plain, but i am in the process of customizing it, and will convert it later to a metal hilt like the graflex. actually, i like the anh obi-wan sabre the best. does anyone know of parts available to make one of those???

15. daksw

daksw Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2002
    I'm waiting til master replicas comes out with their fx line they are licensed by lucasfilm and i here they are better than Park. They even have sound effects.

16. EviL_DukKY

EviL_DukKY Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Parks:
    removable blade
    capable of dueling
    original designs
    almost indestructable
    bright

Master Replicas:
    blade stuck to the hilt
    capable of dueling lightly
    replica styles, no originality
    destructable
    not bright

17. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I'd say go with Parks. I bought the "Defiance" model and it works great. Mine has a green blade and is very bright. I wore it to the movie opening and all I received were compliments about the saber. You could also fit a dowel rod in place of the blade for dueling if you want to. I don't have any close up pics of my saber but you could check it out on the website.

18. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Parks Sabres most definatly. i saw one of them at a sci fi Conventionalst year and was HIGHLY impressed w/ it's workmanship, durability and price. The jedi who had said the thing was virtually indestructable. The trasnparent tube over the Blade is made of a poly carbonate(Buttel proof material I think)plastic. WHich is extremely strong. I know my glasses lens are made from the same material. My frames need to be replaced far sooner then my lenes.<G> The sabre had an excellant weight and balance. I called parks Sabres and talked with them, Jeff's good at what he does, and won't give you a peice of junk. I ordered one of them and am waiting for it to arrive.<VBG> Mine is the Echalon sabre w/ teal blade, w/a custom made black Defiant belt. parks can make you belts, but if you'er larger or smaller then the standard, it'll cost 10 extra bucks. No biggie, it's real leather and hand made. If want me to post a pic of the sabre and belt when i recieve them, let me know. The sabre will complete my Jedi Costume.

Peace be yours
    jauhzmynn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.