main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lighting the Way Home~ post LOTF AU, J/J (separated ?), angst, H/C, other characters, Complete 01/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MiralukaJedi, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Title: Lighting the Way Home
    Genre: Angst, H/C
    Summary: Jagged Fel goes to Corellia on an errand of apology to seek out those he hurt during the Swarm War nearly a decade ago. What he might get though might not be what he or they were expecting...
    Timeframe: post LOTF AU, 42 ABY
    Author's Note: Yes, you requested and I listened. So, here you go. If you haven't read the previous works connected to this work, I highly suggest reading the prequels before reading this one. The links are here: Great Spirits and Insensitive.

A PM list will be kept for this fic, if there is enough interest. I seem to bring out the lurker in people in my fics more often then not, so we'll see.

[i]Jagged Fel?s Apartments, Theed Palace Complex~ 42 ABY
    [/i]
    Jag, or Captain Chak Starflare as he had come to be known in the Nubian Security Forces, surveyed the assorted collection of gifts that he had been accumulating for the past few months in preparation for his newest personal mission. He examined the bottles of wine and brandy that he had purchased for his uncle, Jaina, and the Solos. They were all extravagant purchases for a man of his current position but he had wanted to have the best available for his self-appointed and necessary task, so he had made sure to purchase them and wrap them in protective layers of cloth before carefully packing them in his things.

At the very least, he ruefully thought to himself, they won?t want to smash them. With the reputation of Nubian liquors being what it was, they probably would at least want to sample them rather than throw the bottles away as they no doubt would throw him out of their homes.

He also examined the other gifts that he had gathered and thought of how much he hoped that the twins, the children he had never met and long denied, would enjoy and love. He took in the various model ships and holo vids, the video games and the action figures, imagining how his son would play out various dog fight scenarios and thank him for giving them to him. He took in the other set of model ships and dolls, hoping his daughter would feel the same way and imagined how her eyes would light up with joy at finally meeting her father. That was what this ?vacation? to Corellia was all about.

It was about making amends towards those he owed apologies to and above all, finally making things right with his children and becoming a real father to them. After that fateful HoloNet broadcast early last year, he had discovered that the Solo twins, Bail and Anakah, were indeed his children and as such, there were apologies that were owed. In the ensuing months as he made use of the various contacts he had made over the years as Chak Starflare to find out information on where he might find them and everyone else on his list to whom he owed those apologies.

[i]I wish that things could be a little less intimidating. But then what do you expect Jag? They probably will not be happy at all to see you again. Well, except maybe Uncle Wedge. He might forgive you, but that doesn?t mean that he?s going to make it easy for you. At the very least you won?t be alone anymore.[/i] He thought to himself as he finished his packing.

That was the one thing about exile that had really begun to grate on him over the past few months. Jag had started to get used to his strange solitary existence in the five years since the end of his former life but as he began to try to move on with his life more aggressively in his new life in the past year, loneliness that he hadn?t felt since he first left Chiss space started to grate on him more and more. Hopefully, starting today, he wouldn?t be so alone anymore.

Groaning as he checked his wrist chrono once more before slugging his bags over his shoulder. If he didn?t get moving soon, he would miss his transport to Corellia and his ?planned vacation?. And that was one thing that neither Jagged Fel nor Chak Starflare, wanted.

[hr]

Well, hope you

2. blurt

blurt Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2008
    I just read this along with it's companion pieces and loved them!

It's very unique and emotional. First Jaina's and then Jag's misery and regrets have me dying to see them talk.

Really fantastic! =D= There's more coming right?[face_praying]

3. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss! :[:D]: Thank you, you just made my day! I'd love to be on your pm list. :runs off to squee and do a happy dance::

4. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I loved the previous two stories and was hoping for a third installment. Can't wait to see how Han, Leia, Wedge, Jaina and the twins respond to Jag's return.

Please put me on the PM list.

5. jaina-Fett

jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    I just finished reading the two prequels and now this one, and I really liked them. :D :D :D

I hope that you have an update for this one coming soon, and could you add me to the PM list. Thanks. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [:D] [:D]

6. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks. That's pretty much what I was going for (the unique part anyways). And yes, they will be talking but not yet. There are more regrets there that have to be aired yet. And yes, there is more coming. I'm kind of hoping that this will just be a short story rather than the full out epic I've got going on the Saga boards.

7. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks...Glad to do it. And consider yourself on the list.

8. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Not a problem at all and it will be interesting to see the responses, once we get to that point (and once I actually write them but first I'm going to be looking at how things are for Jag and Jaina before they're meeting, as well as throwing a few wrenches into things that will complicate matters further). And yes, consider yourself on the list!

9. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks! And yes, I have an update prepared for tonight actually and would be happy to add you to the PM list!

If anyone else out there wants added to the list, just let me know for the next time!

PM list
    EmpressJainaSoloFel
    Kailene
    jaina-Fett

[i]Mid-Rim Transport systems Freighter Queen of Argenta, three days later on arrival in the Corellian Sector[/i]

Having little to do, Jag had taken to reading through some of the mission briefs he had prepared for himself to get the apologies he needed to make right. Some of the information he had managed to gather quite frankly didn?t surprise him in most ways. But in other ways it did.

In his enquiries, he?d found out just how far Jaina had managed to move on with her life. Not that it bothered him too much in his rational mind, which pointed out constantly that it shouldn?t surprise him that she had managed to do what she had done. The fact that she had managed to find enough happiness in her life with another man to marry didn?t bother him as much as he had thought it would when he had sliced into the Corellian records office, looking to find out where she was. He was a little bitter and even envious, taken that she had been the first to effectively move on after their disastrous relationship. He had only managed to casually date a bit in the past three years and the most successful relationship that Jag could even claim had lasted all of six standard months.

But she had and married another Jedi no less. Not that Jag could really begrudge that either. He had been gone from her life for so long and she probably thought that he was either dead or permanently stuck on Tenupe. At least he could be glad of one thing. The man she had come to marry wasn?t Zekk, whom he had blamed for so long for helping to ruin their relationship. He had started to make peace with that.

[i]That means that those wild fantasies you?ve sometimes had about winning her back are only a pipe-dream. And that apology of yours has to be done right if you even want a chance to know the twins and not end up facing Han?s blaster or Jaina?s husband?s lightsaber. That would end all chances of making things up to her and everyone else pretty quickly, wouldn?t it?[/i] Jag thought to himself as he shifted data pads to look at the notes he had prepared for the all important apologies.

In a way he supposed, he had become a little obsessive over the need to excise his guilt and loneliness with these apologies. But it was the only way he could now see of moving on with his life. And as Aelia had pointed out to him on more than one occasion recently, whatever his feelings about a past he wouldn?t be able to move on with his life until he dealt with his guilt issues once and for all. Not that Aelia didn?t have ulterior motives aside from those of a close friendship that had developed between Captain Starflare and herself when she was Queen Naeliana of Naboo. No, she wanted him free of his past at last and ready for a possible future with her.

Groaning and running his fingers through his hair, Jag set down the data pads before looking out the viewport disinterestedly. She was right of course. Jag just wished he didn?t feel pulled in so many directions that he didn?t know where he was going aside from this self-appointed task of his. With everything else, he supposed that was what mattered the most.

[hr]

Well, hope no one hates me for this! But next we'll see what Jaina has been up to all this time....[face_devil]

10. jaina-Fett

jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    WOW!!!!!! Jaina's married!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I did not see that one coming. Jag is going to have a hard time getting his apologies out if Han finds out where he is. I'm assuming we will find out who exactly Jaina married. Will it be an OC????????

So the former Queen of Naboo has the hots for Jag huh. o_O o_O :*

I wonder if you will include the Solo's and Skywalker's finding out about a certain former Queen of Naboo, that has a certain important link to their family? :) :)

Can't wait for the next update. Excellent job on this one. [face_dancing] [:D] [face_dancing] [:D]

11. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    I love it! I don't think Jag will really be able to put Jaina in his past, though.

12. blurt

blurt Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2008
    Oh God, Jaina's married? That... I can't even process this! Hubby has got to go!

13. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Nooooo !!! Jaina can't be married. Talk about a surprise I wasn't expecting. I'm with blurt though, the hubby has got to go, nothing painful mind you, just get him out of the picture. Neither of them will find true happiness without the other.

14. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    Hmmmmmm *looks around*

Am I the only one who thinks that maybe the hubby is good for Jaina and that maybe Jag should probably leave well enough alone and not complicate everyone's life further or maybe just come in, see his kids, and leave again? It is possible for them to be happy without the other...

Hmmmmmm

Probably am.

Anyways, good story, and I can't wait for an update! :D

15. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Wow...I wasn't expecting some reactions quite like that with this twist. And as for the identity of Jaina's husband, I haven't quite decided what to do there just yet. Maybe OC, maybe not. I still have to work on that. Though I tend to agree that Jag moving on with his life is going to be harder than he realises (I mean, so far in the story he's been trying to do that since his exile with mixed results after all). Anyways, hope you enjoyed it anyhow!

Miraluka

16. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Yeah, I figured that we needed a few twist here for a more exciting story (that's one of them and the next one is in the next post). He will, especially taken that Han will be in the same general area as Jag will be as he goes about the business of apologies on his 'vacation'. I'm not certain how I'll work that in but I suppose I could. We'll have to see.

As to the husband's identity, I've not completely worked that out yet, which will become evident in the next post. I have some idea of what I'm going to do in that department and hope to sort it out soon. Anyways, thanks!

17. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks! And no, he probably won't be able to do that as easily as he thinks he will. The question though is will Jaina be able to do the same successfully.

18. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Wow! Didn't think everyone would take it that badly. You'll probably hate what's coming up next then...:_|

19. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Nice to know you weren't expecting the surprise. Though again, can't help but think you won't like what's coming up next. :_|

20. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Not sure on that one. There seems to be a whole lot of neutral and hostile out there. I think the characterisation that I've got going so far is pretty good for Jaina (even if I haven't completely decided about canon or OC) and has been helping raise the twins in Jag's absence. As to leaving things well enough alone, that may happen but then again it might not. He definitely wants to meet his children though, that's a given. As to the rest of it, we'll just have to see. And thanks for the compliments!

PM list
    EmpressJainaSoloFel
    Kailene
    jaina-Fett

Anyone else out there want on the PM list? :D

[i]Coronet City Space port, 42 ABY[/i]

When Jaina Solo climbed out of her Stealth X in the portion of the main public space port in Coronet that was willing to allow the Jedi Order to use, she decided that she had enough of being stuck tracking a rogue group of former GAG troopers for the time being. This particular mission had lasted three long months, which had forced Jaina to miss both the twins? life day and her first anniversary. Not that he hadn?t done his best three months ago in one of the many farewell celebrations that they had together since they had drawn together during the Second Galactic Civil War.

[i]Not that the results of all those celebrations had quite the same results as this one.[/i] She thought ruefully, blushing somewhat at the memories before her hands drifted down to the slight bulge of her abdomen. He was so happy, excitedly anticipating the arrival of the baby several months down the road.

Sometimes it was hard for her to believe that she had reached this point of starting her life over without the man who had haunted her dreams for so long. She had clung to those memories and the grief and bitterness caused by their sudden, tragic break. It had taken years for her to realise that Jagged Fel, even if he was alive out there somewhere, probably wasn?t going to ever come back. They had hurt each other far too much for that.

When was it exactly though that she had started to move on? It had been a long road for her. Seven years, as long as the twins had been alive and almost as long as her husband had been in her life. After the Swarm War, when the Joiner Jedi had returned to the Order, Uncle Luke and the Council had made a general review of all Jedi pairings of Knights who hadn?t taken an apprentice yet, which happened to include Jaina herself and the other former Joiners. Jaina, who had often worked with Zekk, found herself paired with a younger Knight who had been close to her youngest brother, Anakin. Zekk had been paired with another young Knight as well and though somewhat saddened at their parting, had accepted it because Jaina had asked him to.

In their first years of working together, based out of the Corellian Sector where Jaina decided to raise the twins in a more secure environment than she had experienced growing up, their relationship had been awkward to say the least. He had found himself growing increasingly attracted to her and he?d also grown close to the twins. Sometimes, it still made Jaina laugh a little bit at the first words that Bail and Anakah had saw fit to spout one day when he?d come over to her place to go over some minor points of a cell of terrorists that they were conducting surveillance on.
    [i]
    There were data pads scattered across the breakfast bar in Jaina?s kitchen and the two Jedi are sipping their cups of caf disinterestedly as they alternately took the point in discussing their findings and watching two Force-strong toddlers who were trying to wreck havoc on her house. Their efforts at trying to stop them though were f

21. blurt

blurt Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2008
    It's beautifully written and very touching, but... I think I'm taking this worse than Jag will. I still want a reconciliation and a happy little family! UGHH!

I'm sorry, I'll get over it. Your OC seems like a real sweetheart who takes good care of Jaina and the twins, I just can't stop myself from hoping he's a placeholder.[face_worried]

Loving the story so far! [face_love]

BLASPHEMY!

22. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    This is good. I like the way you write Jag. :)

23. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    I think Jag is going to have a heart attack. I bet Wedge is the first apology, seeing as he won't get anywhere without Wedge's help. Is it too soon to hope for the hubby to trip and fall off a cliff? Lol, J/K...

24. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    So far this fic is a veritable powderkeg. And who knows how many igniters you've kept hidden up your sleeves, but odds are there are quite a few.

Poor Jag :(

25. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks. As to that, we'll see. I do intend on writing a reconciliation...though from where we're headed it might not be the kind that you're looking for. Thanks...I'm still not sure whether he's an actual OC or canon yet. I haven't decided yet [face_blush]. So he is a placeholder in the sense I can't make up my mind in whether to a) keep him on the scene or b) decide the canon vs. OC debate. Anyways, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.