main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightning

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Holy cow, the Lightning and Caps are 1-1 and going into triple OT!!! Best game I have ever seen!!!

Edit: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!! LIGHTNING WIN THE SERIES 4-2!!!!! :D

2. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Ummmm- how could you even come close to getting excited about the Lightning when real teams like the Red Wings are out there? [face_devil]

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Wait wait wait, which team is going to round 2??? The Mighty Ducks! Oh yeah, and the Lightning :D

btw Jayna, can you post in the R2-Detroit Red Wings thread anymore? It doesn't look locked, but the reply option isn't showing up. I hope there aren't in hard feelings toward the guy from Florida with the better team ;)

4. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I am absolutely dumbfounded. I can't believe they go tknocked out in the first round. That's so sad! :_|

After the loss of their awesome goalie and Scottie Bowman, their wonderful coach, I didn't expect them to win the cup. They have too much rebuilding to do. I also didn't expect them to be swept aside so quickly. :(

They're still the greatest team of all time. Lord Stanley's cup belongs in Detroit. Here's to next season!

BTW: I don't know what the deal is with their board. I'm assuming it is just locked.

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah well, if they're so good then they'll just come back next year. Give the little Ducks some glory :) They're one of my favorite team's too. I got into hockey a year before their first season back in '92 when I played street hockey at a local rec club.

If you can, catch highlights of last night's game. Goal tending is what made it great. There were some saves that made my whole body ache. Khabibulin is one fanfrellingtastic goalie! I think in the last three games he's stopped 86 of 89 goals or something like that. The numbers aren't on-line yet. Makes me long for the days that Puppa was playing :(

The best part though is the fact that the Lightning were playing against the Caps and the refs. Even the commentators were shocked by the lack of penalty calls towards the Caps. There was one play where a Cap literally picked up a Lightning player and threw him on the ice, and no call :mad: It was horrible, but makes the victory taste that much sweeter [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.