main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before the Saga Lights in the Eclipse

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by NightWatcher91, Jun 24, 2016.

1. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    Catlynn Deron – Republic Medic
    Quin Valek - Smuggler
    Sorv Truden – Republic Soldier
    Brynden Vos - Sith Apprentice
    Roose Daemeron - Human, Jedi
    Xandar Vao – Twi'lek, Republic Special Forces
    Master Thar - Mon Cal ,Jedi Master Council Member
    Darth Zantos - Sith Lord

A story I've made based on some of my characters created in The Old Republic.

Krakoa, Outer Rim –
    Three Months Ago

“We’ve got two Imperial assault droids shredding our right flank! I need medical evacs for seven people, and air support now!” Sergeant Vao shouted barely being heard over the comm. It had been a miracle he had his voice with all the shouting he had been doing since this campaign had begun. Three weeks fighting over a world which was only being fought for due to a Senator begging for help. Static came back cutting in and out the image of General Loris.

“Imperials……cut off…..hold…..” Was all the Twi’lek could hear before cursing, and nearly blasting the comm station. Thankfully he stopped due to the explosion which rocked the ground. Racing outside the Sergeant found himself at home. Admist the carnage which engulfed him. It reminded him of his days fighting in the underbelly of Coruscant. The mere memory made him wish he was back there now. Seven Sith heavy troopers had broken their imaginary line they had been fighting for hours to hold. They pushed into the camp as if it was a mere practice session. A blaster bolt grazed his shoulder as he removed his blaster rifle. Two Republic soldiers were killed as Vao let loose a volley of bolts. The grin which many in his unit had called psychotic came to his face as a moment later all seven Sith dropped to the ground.

“I want those droids destroyed! Drop the mines, or throw them at them if you have to. We aren’t falling back.” Turning to the handful of soldiers he had left. Exhaustion, fear, terror, anger all of those emotions were clear on their faces. False bravado was something which they didn’t try to hold up any longer. Along with the dirt and the endless rain which this world seemed to give them. A few ran off back to the line as they slipped on the endless mud pits. “And I want a damned medic. If I have to hear Korvin moan about his leg one more time…..” His only eye scanned them as the smiles slowly began to return to them. Not that it lasted as another wave of Sith bombardment shook the earth. The blasted fighters had been running endlessly for the last two days. What in the blazes made Krakoa so important?

“Sergeant!” Raising the rifle out of instinct he eased up spotting the Sullustan racing towards him. A single human female stayed close trying to catch her breath. His eye could always spot the babies to the battlefield from the get go. It was why he only had seasoned troops on his squads. Not that it mattered when brass sent the babies to him anyway. The fear almost radiated off her as she took in the scene. A man was being carried past them into one of the tents. His left arm had either been amputated, or most likely taken on the field. He was almost dropped to the ground next to the building pile of people dying in the Outer Rim for some Core Worlds which wouldn’t remember their names anyway. Her blonde hair had come undone from the military standard, and made her look more out of place.

“Corporal Tyvin of the 12th division.” The quick salute between them as the Sergeant ushered them into his command tent. Not that much remained of the place save for some maps, and broken equipment. Not that the front line grunts were ever given much in these crusades. Vao kicked a sleeping soldier making them jump up while letting out a word that made the Corporal stop in his tracts for a second. Tyvin handed over a datapad which Vao studied for a brief moment.

“Nodstin is pushing his troops to the left?” The datapad flew past the girl making her jump out of shock. Vao slammed the table cutting the image off of the battlefield. “We’re getting slaughtered on the right with those droids! Now he wants me to divert forces to help his push for glory? Sure tell him he’ll have three soldiers wielding blaster stocks, because that’s all I have!” He had hated that blasted Duro from the moment they had graduated the academy all those years back. While Nodstin was now a General a fact he reminded Vao of constantly.

“The General is more interested in shutting down the anti-air cannons.” The Sullustan had clearly been rehearsing that line. Vao’s reputation had made him one that no one in the Republic wanted to deal with. Which was why he was normally tossed to the front lines constantly. “He wants to get more bombers in the area to hit the Sith landing zones.”

“Remind me to thank Admiral Onasi when I get court martialed for killing a General.” The silence from the Corporal made it clear that obviously some believed he would follow through with that statement. Stepping back out into the storm he whistled assembling what was left of his troops. Tyvin spoke to the girl for a few seconds before rushing back towards the Command Center.

“We already made the bets this time Sergeant.” One of them began. “Personally put two days rations down that you take a swing at the General.”

“You my babysitter?” The girl only looked at him before shaking her head. He thought she might pass out from all that was going on around her. Instead she seemed to pause for a moment collecting herself before speaking.

“Catlynn Deron. I’m your new field medic……”

“I need a medic! I’ve got this blasted pain here on my lips…” This shook the girl as Vao slid a finger across his throat ushering in silence.

“You’ll get used to them if I let them survive.” The flash of red came out of nowhere. The soldier who had spoken fell to the ground, his head rolling away. Four more were tossed away slamming into the ground.

“Sith!” One soldier roared lowering her blaster on the cloaked attacker. It batted the bolts away letting out a chilling laugh.

“Oh this is too much fun.” Her hood was removed revealing a human girl. A sinister grin covered her face which also had an array of tattoos. Moving her hand she snapped the neck of a fallen soldier as she easily sliced the chest of another. “Now whose next?” She studied what was left of them almost disappointed. Stopping she stepped towards Catlynn holding the lightsaber towards her. Raising her blaster shakily Catlynn aimed it at the Sith. It flew from her hands into the mud.

“Oh you’re full of fear. It just pours off of you….” Vao slammed into the Sith sending them both to the ground. The head-butt he threw connected on her chin as she laughed. Her kick landed harder than Vao had imagined it would as he flew back. He regained his breath getting back up only to be lifted into the air.

“Now you’re something else.” Blood dripped from her nose as she circled him. Electricity flew from her fingers into him. No scream would exit from him. That seemed to only egg her on as she raised the power. “So full of anger and hatred. Wouldn’t mind you being my slave.” Easing up Vao began to reach for his hold out blaster strapped to his back. A family heirloom pass down for generations. His hand closed on the grip, and then it was gone in the flash of red. He dropped face first into the mud, and felt her foot press into his head.

“That wasn’t very nice at all. Now take that as your first lesson slave….” The blaster shot made her step off as she turned violently towards Catlynn. The medic did her best to hide the fear that was eating her alive. The Sith held her hand out again storing up the electric energy. Howling she let it out towards Catlynn. Turning her back she braced for the worst, but nothing happened. The hum of a lightsaber filled her ears as she turned around.

“Finally some real fun.” The Jedi stood silent holding his blue lightsaber in front of the lightning. His hood had fallen revealing the dark hair which fell to the base of his neck. Blue eyes starred the Sith down as he walked towards her. Charging the Sith attacked with a speed that made it hard for Catlynn to keep up. The two clashed across the camp trading attack for defense. Running towards Vao she flipped the Sergeant over. His vitals showed he was alive, and he even had a smile while unconscious. She sat in awe for a few seconds never having seen a Jedi fight a Sith before. Sure there were numerous stories and holos, but to be there in person was something else entirely.

“I’ve been wanting to kill a Jedi for a while now. I get so bored just destroying these weaklings you call an army. Oh if only you had seen their faces when I cut them down. Pure horror.” The Sith moaned making a swipe for the Jedi’s legs. He flipped over her making a move for her arm which Catlynn had shot. The Sith deflected it grinning.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you then.” The Sith pulled out another lightsaber which she activated, and tossed at the Jedi. It stopped between them as it suddenly veered back to the Sith. The shock on her face didn’t last long as the saber logged itself in her chest. For a moment no one moved as the Sith slowly fell to the ground. The blue lightsaber shut down as the Jedi turned towards Catlynn.

“Apologies for my late arrival.” The few soldiers that remained alive stood up, and ran towards those injured. Dropping to a knee the Jedi inspected Vao. “I’m Knight Daemeron, I was sent over by Battlemaster Silus. Master Thar should be here soon….” As if it was on que a Mon Calamari Jedi appeared followed by an array of troops and other medical staff.

“Roose I felt the battle. We were attacked by stealth droids once you took off.” The Mon Cal placed a hand on the shoulder of her student. She motioned for the wounded to be picked up as she walked over to the fallen Sith.

“Another tool of Darth Zantos.” Roose answered as the Jedi Master shook her head.

“Two more attacked Silus as she pushed towards the left flank.” A sigh escaped the Jedi Master as she motioned for the Sith body to be covered up.

“All this battle has been is a show for Zantos to impress the Dark Council.” Roose placed his hood back over his head as he briefly looked at the Sith whom was the same age he was. Yet vastly different. “Admiral Kolson has already issued the fall back order. The Chancellor seems to have finally seen reason with this campaign.” The Jedi Master continued.

A laugh emerged from Vao as he was placed on a stretcher. His left hand grasped Catlynn on the shoulder.

“You hear that rookie? Even the blasted Jedi have more sense than that empty headed Nodstin.” She grinned at him as she locked eyes with Roose just briefly. “You and me rookie….we’re going to get along just fine. Did you see her shoot that Sith Korvin? Some training and she’ll have a nice kill shot for a medic.”

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Got a fair way through this.

You know your characters really well; only thing, we don't, so a bit more effort needs to be put into matching names with characters, for instance, a Sullustan and a human girl run up, and takes quite a while for either to be definitively identified.

Vao's feeling towards the General was the best described item, but there were a lot of things happening that were unexplained or not given a context, eg. the datapad flying past the girl - did someone toss it, or since you have Sith in here, did it get Force-pulled across the room?

BTW, Two Republic soldiers were killed as Vao let loose a volley of bolts reads like a Blue on Blue friendly-fire incident. Surely the Sergeant did not kill two of his own men?