main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lightsaber and Amphistaff: Sithly NJO AU. Completed 10/30!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SithGirl132, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Hello!
    I took on National Novel Writing Month this year. From November 10 to November 26, I wrote 50,046 words of SW fanfic.
    I think I'm gonna die.

Title: Lightsaber and Amphistaff
    Author: SithGirl132
    Timeframe: Starts right after Star By Star, ends probably by the end of LOTF. Rather ambiguous.
    Characters: Leia, Han, Luke, Jaina, Jacen, Vergere, OC
    Genre: Angst, drama, action (Can get painful in spots. I'll pass out tissues.)
    Rating: Extremely PG.
    Summary: Jacen is shaped into a half-YV, half-Jedi warrior, and Jaina becomes a Sith. Their trials and travails along the way, and the catastrophe that ensues when they at last meet...who will come out of this alive?

[i]What brings you here, children? Have they not told you the stories of old Vergere, the twisted little bird with many a mystery behind her name? You come here seeking what? So many who come to me do not ever return. I feel sorry for them- unworthy and stupid, unable to open their eyes and see the truth. You have come here seeking stories, I know. I know everything, you must understand. You seek the story of the rise of the New Galactic Alliance, I presume? That is the one everyone wants to hear. Of course I know it, I was there. I saw them- the half-human, half-Yuuzhan Vong Jedi and the Dark Lady of the Sith- meet in a titanic battle, destroy each other- and I saw what made them the way they are now. Laugh all you want- but Vergere knows and sees all.

I was there.

I created them both- and many say I paid the ultimate price for it.

Are you still interested? Have I scared you yet? I should think not. I should not be here now, telling you this, but it is imperative that you know it.

You donâ??t want to become another one of them, another Sith- or worse yet, follow the way of the Yuuzhan Vong. Or at least thatâ??s what your parents said to you. But they also told you not to talk to Vergere, and you did not listen to that.
    Listen to my story. Understand the past, and you will understand why I am here now and what really happened.

But be forewarned, just as one brash young Jedi was so many years ago-

Everything I tell you is a lie.[/i]

Children- and adults, too- come from all over the planet to see and talk to me. Theyâ??ve all heard of Vergere- the feathery little hermit who knows altogether too much about the Empire and never quite reveals her sources. I was there in the founding of the New Galactic Alliance, and I know exactly why things happened the way they did. It wasnâ??t quite what I had hoped for, but it did indeed turn out better than I had feared.

Everyone wonders why I claim to have created the Alliance. I did, thatâ??s why. I made a Jedi into a Yuuzhan Vong, and another Jedi into a Sith. It wasnâ??t that hard. A few well-placed words, careful planning, and perfect timing- it was going to happen, nonetheless. They were too vulnerable to it. There was no way they could have escaped.

Twins have a special bond, especially the Force-sensitive type. I took the infamous Solo twins that the entire galaxy wanted, for better or for worse, and I shaped them into the galaxyâ??s worst nightmare.

Jacen had always been the nice one, with a special bond with animals and a soft heart. He became a Yuuzhan Vong, fully shaped, but with the Force behind him. No wonder so many feared him and I had to flee Yuuzhanâ??tar fearing for my life. He got rather out of hand, to say the least. That was an accident; he never should have escaped from my control. But it did happen.

Jaina was the interesting one. With an aptitude for piloting and mechanics, and a hot temper, it was easy to push her over the edge into the Dark Side. Losing two brothers on the same day and then many more friends and family soon after- well, shall I say it didnâ??t take much work to convince her to join the Sith. I definitely didnâ??t expect her to go so far into the Dark Side, though. That part of the experiment didnâ??t work half as well as Iâ??d hoped.

But the overall result was worth it.

You want to know more, I can tell. You think I am call

2. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    *gulp!* Sithgal, I'm a bit scared...but this looks so intriguing, I have to read along with you! And plus...I NABBED FIRST POST!!! :p I'm excited! And BIG congrats with confetti for making it through NaNoWriMo!!!

Please reserve a BIG pile of tissues for me! I cried at Bambi, Aladdin, and The Guardian... :_|

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Sounds riveting.... please give me two boxes of tissues!!! Especially if something happens to Luke or Mara or Leia. Eep!!! *hangs onto irish, the sunny one!!* Could I have PM's [face_batting]

4. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Irish_Jedi_Jade: [Yoda]You will be scared.[/Yoda]. Welcome to the story! *starts stockpiling tissues*
    Jade_eyes: You too? Wow, I'm going to need to set aside part of my paycheck for tissues. Welcome!

PM List: Jade_eyes, Irish_Jedi_Jade

?Jacen. You can?t do this. You can?t leave me here like this.? Jaina had been speaking to her absent brother for so long, almost the whole night. Sleep would not come, and never before had Jaina missed Jacen more.

?Two days feel like a lifetime now. I wish I knew where you were. I don?t know anything anymore. Please help me. I don?t know where you are, or even if you?re alive, but I know you?re my brother and I love you. Please come back to me?? She fell into a vision again, seeing Jacen?

His face changed rapidly, from a little boy, into her brother as he currently was, then again into someone Jaina barely recognised and an evil, Sith-like expression?and then into a Yuuzhan Vong?

Jaina woke up screaming, still unable to find Jacen in the Force.

?Jaina,? the voice whispered again. ?Jaina, don?t do this. You?ll hurt so many people. And you don?t even know if you?ll ever get Jacen back. Turn away now, while there?s still time.?

Jaina woke up suddenly, yelling at the voice in her head to ?Get out, get out, GET OUT! I don?t want to hear it any more, you Sithspawn! You don?t know me! You don?t know my motives?get out of my mind!? She furiously threw a pillow at the wall, not able to understand her sudden fits of rage. The pillow hit a vase, which toppled and shattered. Jaina felt a strange delight in this as her anger vented on to something else.

She was altogether too aware of the whispers. Everyone in the Fountain Palace on Hapes thought that Jedi Solo was a little bit crazy now, after the Myrkr mission that had claimed both of her brothers. Jaina had certainly not been acting normal- she talked to herself often, heard voices, and saw strange visions that did not seem normal, even for a Force-user. She was glad that her parents had left her alone for the time being.

There was no way she could tell them what was happening.

Privately, Jaina suspected she was going insane.

?There?s something seriously wrong with Jaina.? Zekk had carefully watched Jaina over the past few days, and it was clearer than ever that something was different about her. She was tormented, even more so than would be normal for someone who had just lost two siblings. It was almost as though Jaina was slowly going insane.

?That is a fact.? Tenel Ka glanced in the direction of her sleeping friend. ?Jaina seems shrouded in the Dark Side now.?
    Zekk shivered. ?Don?t mention that. We can?t let it happen to Jaina.?

?It could happen to anyone. We don?t know what could provoke it. And Jaina is from a line of exceptionally Force-sensitive people.?

Silently, Zekk prayed that Jaina would not fall.

[hr]

All of this is leading up to something. I promise!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the PM. Wowzers, Jaina's gone off the serious deep end!! [face_worried] Glad Zekk's there and Tenel. Is this gonna be a J/Z or a J/J pairing? [face_laugh] I like both but prefer J/J. =P~ Jag is so ... intense and they are so fun when they snark at each other LOL

6. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Jul 19, 2007
    Oooh....that was goood!! I'm curious as a pumpkin pancake what you're leading up to! But if this is just the "leading in" part, the *Kabam!* part is going to be stelllar!!! I love it! And yes, please reserve a LOT of tissue for me...but I'll enjoy a uncharacteristic journey into angst ;)

7. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Jade_eyes: I'll leave that up to the reader whether Jaina is dark, insane, or both. Doesn't quite end up as either J/Z or J/J here, but slightly more J/J.
    Irish: Pumpkin pancake! I love that alliteration... And it's going into a lot more action. Oh yes.

Format here is I will show Jaina's adventures as she goes dark, Jacen's as he becomes a YV, and then what happens when they meet. Warning: There will be enough Vergere-philosophy to make your head spin.

This is a long post due to the way I wrote this- chapter-less format.

The months passed. Jaina saw more and more of her dark side emerge, as she listened to the voice in the back of her head that tempted her to a true release of her emotions. Every time she listened, whether it was a small or large issue, she felt as though her pain had lessened, for a moment.

She was still painfully aware that Jacen and Anakin were gone for good. They were always in her memories, and she often awakened from dreams of them, crying and wishing that the horrors of Myrkr were nothing but a dream. Yet every time she awakened and realised what she had dreamed of, she knew that it was real. Jacen and Anakin were gone.

The dark voice was most active at times like this. It whispered, cajoled, pleaded, argued, and often comforted with its tangled words. Jaina often found it very comforting that there was someone there listening to her, encouraging her.

Dreamily, Jaina remembered that night when she and Zekk had had words. He was convinced that she was insane and needed help, and she just wanted him to leave her alone and let her continue her life. She remembered the argument as it became more and more aggressive, until she finally exploded and let the lightning fly from the tips of her fingers?

Powerful, angry, and passionate, the lightning had danced over Zekk, giving Jaina a feeling that she could do anything if she just listened to the Sith voices. Zekk had run away in terror, swearing never to see or speak to Jaina again, and he had left for the front lines of battle the next day. Just a month ago, Jaina had heard of his death somewhere near Coruscant. She had not cared at all; nothing mattered to her anymore except avenging Jacen and Anakin.

And now the voice was encouraging her to leave her family and wander. Look for other disciplines of the Force and try to find a way to heal, away from the family that always reminded her of her lost brothers.

Jaina knew there was no way for her to go on like this.

Jacen was gone for good. She had felt him die in the Force, and there was no way he was still alive, no matter what her mother thought. It was time to face reality.

From here, Jaina didn?t know where to go. She was now on ?medical leave? from Rogue Squadron, which she considered to be psychological leave under a different name. She couldn't return for more Jedi training, since all Jaina found in the Force was a powerful and tempting darkness.

But if that darkness could help hide the pain, at least for a little while?

Jaina was willing to accept it. Everything was now wrong in her life- people thought she was insane, she didn?t understand herself anymore, and there was that tempting darkness in the back of her mind?

It whispered again, in a voice that was even more commanding than a scream. ?Come to us, you know this is where your destiny lies. Open your mind for a moment and ignore what you have been taught. You can have everything you?ve ever wanted. Even your brothers back??

Jaina ran from the voice. Ran until she could run no longer, and found herself near the Millennium Falcon. Perhaps because it was home to her, or maybe because it was so solid, always there?

She dropped to the ground, sobbing, silently pleading with the voice to be quiet and allow her the rest that the waking world was determined to deny her.

?Where?s Jaina?? Leia had spent a good portion of the day looking for her daughter. The Borleias base was not so large that Jaina could have become totally lost, but nonetheless, no one had seen any

8. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    I said I'd post on Tuesday and Thursday, and I'm keeping that promise.

Jaina could not face her parents. Not now, not like this. They were still unable to speak to her, unable to hear her silent plea for help. She retreated further into her mind, silently blaming herself for the deaths of both of her brothers. Anakin was too badly injured, she reminded herself. There was nothing that anyone could have done.

But Jacen?he could have been saved! She knew it! Someone there had abandoned him to certain death. Someone that she would have her revenge on.

For a moment, there was a suggestion of a feathery little thing in Jaina?s mind, encouraging her to let go and embrace her emotions.

It was so tempting, offering revenge?and victory over the Yuuzhan Vong?

It felt like falling into an abyss.

Jaina could sense that this was only a Force vision, and not something real that she had to fear. But it was so unusual?a warning, she thought.

She stood in the center of a huge arena that looked to be made of yorik coral. Facing her was Jacen, now in the armor of a Yuuzhan Vong warrior. Jaina held a lightsaber with a ruby-red blade, against Jacen?s which was now sapphire blue. They faced off in a strange, almost choreographed combat, competing for something she did not understand.

It was as though they had rehearsed this beforehand. Each thrust was met with a perfect parry. There was no way for Jaina to evade Jacen?s defences, or vice versa. They
    were so perfectly matched, two halves of one whole like they had always been. For one moment, Jaina hesitated, not knowing what to do.

Jacen took advantage of it. In an instant, he over powered her, and a lightsaber and amphistaff now were crossed over her throat.

Jaina gasped in fear, and said softly, ?You are my brother. You are a good man. Don?t kill me here in cold blood.?

Jacen smiled coldly. ?You are not my sister. You are nothing but an infidel girl who calls herself a Jeedai. Be grateful that I feel you a strong enough opponent to die as a sacrifice to the gods.?

Jaina couldn't believe her ears. This monster was not her brother; he would never become a Yuuzhan Vong or attempt to kill her.

Then the lightsaber and amphistaff drew closer together, like the blades of scissors?

Jaina suddenly returned to reality, shocked and panicking. She had just seen her own death in a Force vision. And dying at the hands of her brother?

Her late brother, Jaina reminded herself, prompting a fresh wave of tears.

Leia sat down next to Jaina, as Mara hovered around them. ?Meditation is supposed to help you. What?s wrong??

Jaina shook her head. ?It?s just a vision. Just a vision, that?s all, it?s not real, it can?t be real?? She felt so overwhelmed and lost.

?What did you see?? Mara prompted.

For a moment, Jaina considered lying. But her mother and aunt would know, of course.

?I saw?something that I really don?t want to talk about.?

Leia frowned. ?Jaina, if it?s something important, we want to know. We are trying to help you.?

?I know.? Jaina paused for a moment. ?I saw Jacen?saw him shaped like a Yuuzhan Vong warrior?saw him kill me?? she broke into sobs again, more from the mention of her brother than anything else.

Leia almost joined in Jaina?s tears. ?Please tell me you didn?t say what I thought you did.?

Mara sat down next to them and placed a comforting hand on Jaina?s shoulder. ?Such visions are not unheard of, but are certainly uncommon.?

Jaina shook her head. ?I don?t want comforting words or lies. I?ve had enough lies. All I want is for things to be right again.?

The voice inside Jaina?s mind softly hissed, ?Then come join us. The Dark Side isn?t all that scary once you get to know it. Come save the galaxy.?

For a moment, Jaina was stunned. Then, her emotions kicked in, and she yelled, ?No! Never!? and ran from the room.

Perplexed, Leia and Mara looked at each other. There was no explanation for this outburst, and such things had been getting more and more common lately.

?Something is very wron

9. strwbrystarshine

strwbrystarshine Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    Then come join us. The Dark Side isn?t all that scary once you get to know it. Come save the galaxy.

NO! RESIST!!! [face_devil]

Beautiful work so far. And may I applaud you for surviving NaNoWriMo!!!!

Please add me to your PM list. Am looking forward to more! [:D]

10. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Jul 19, 2007
    Auuuughhhh!!! :_| :_| :_| Sithgirl!!! JAINA!! NOOO!!!!

Jacen...meh, i could care less...[face_sick] But Jaina, stop before you drown!!!

Girl that was splendiferous!!!! Absoulutey...I can't believe you survived NaNo...and made something this stellar!! You're incredible!

More please! Sorry it took me forever to get to it...and it may take me as long to get back...finals, you know, but I'll always make it eventually!

Huggles!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow!!! Powerful updates!!! Everyone's totally in character. I totally get the sense of Jaina being torn in two--trying to resist, but not really, relishing the darkness on a certain level [face_worried]

12. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    strwbrystarshine: Hello and welcome! Resisting the Dark Side is a lot harder than it looks...
    Irish: I perfectly understand the finals thing. Excuse me for a moment.... *long loud scream* Now, where were we? (OK, that was from the Disney movie of "Annie.")
    Jade_eyes: Jaina will need to pick a side sooner or later. Glad you like my characterization! I'm hoping that when Jacen is introduced, he'll be better than a certain JINO of profic...

Jaina finally entered her family?s suite for the first time in what felt like forever. Everything seemed so alien to her now, and she felt more lost than ever before, wondering if the choice she was about to make was the right one.

Leia came in and noticed Jaina. ?Jaina! You?re here! Do you want to talk??

Jaina met her mother?s eyes for a moment. ?I?m leaving.?

?What?? Leia looked perplexed. ?I don?t understand.?

?I?m leaving. I?m leaving this place and coming back when I?ve sorted out my inner demons. Or when I feel like I have some peace. I don?t know when that will be or if it will ever happen. But don?t try to dissuade me; I?ve already made my choice. I?m leaving tonight and I just wanted to tell you so you don?t worry any more than you already will.?

?Jaina, don?t just run away from us. You?re only nineteen.?

Jaina turned around with an evil gleam in her eyes. ?Don?t bother trying to talk me out of this. I already told you that I?ve made up my mind. And when you were nineteen, you were in the Rebellion. So don?t tell me I?m too young. I?m going.?

Jaina stormed out, and Leia collapsed on the couch, near tears. It felt like she had lost another child now, and Jaina was obviously either insane or on the Dark Side now.

Han wandered in. ?Was that Jaina I just saw, running out of here??

Leia nodded through her tears. ?She?s left. She said she had to get away and forget about everything??

Han sat down on the couch and gathered Leia in his arms. ?She?s been really upset lately and no one?s been able to get through to her. Maybe she does just need some time alone.?

Neither Han nor Leia wanted to admit it, but they knew that Jaina was now perilously close to the Dark Side.

Just by leaving and throwing herself back into a galaxy in turmoil, Jaina would almost certainly fall.

[hr]

This post is short as it leads into Jaina's fall. Watch out for Sith come next time.

13. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Jul 19, 2007
    *gulp* I'm scared for her!!! Dont leave..come back!!!

As for finals...i know exactly what you mean!!! We can scream together if u want :D

14. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Great start. If you have a PM list, please add me to it.

15. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Irish: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! There, that was a good scream. Being scared for Jaina is good, especially considering what is going to happen to her...[face_mischief]
    Ultima_1: Hi! Glad you like it and you are on the PM list too.

Jaina stumbled through the wreckage of what had once been a building, wondering what had brought her to Yuuzhan'tar in the first place. She was lost now and alone, not knowing what she was searching for in the world that had been Coruscant.

One wrong step, and Jaina found herself sprawled on a cracked slab of duracrete with more rubble falling around her. For a moment, she considered just staying there forever. Watching the sky, waiting for the scarheads to find her?waiting for however long it would take, letting her mind disintegrate like it was doing now.

Then she noticed the small feathery thing that was watching her with intense dark eyes.

?Who?re you and what do you want?? Jaina never bothered to be nice anymore.

?I am Vergere. What are you?? the featherball replied.

Jaina looked at Vergere. ?I?m Jaina Solo, and I used to be a Jedi. I have no idea what I am anymore, but most of the galaxy thinks I?m insane. Well, you would be too if both of your brothers had died on the same day and then no one even noticed that you needed some help.?

?You are very bitter, Jaina Solo.?

?Tell me something I don?t know.?

?There is a kind of anger in you with great power. You have tried to harness it before, not always in success, but always seeing its results.

?My family and instincts would tell me that it?s the Dark Side, but I?m not sure that I accept the Dark Side as always being negative now.?

?You are indeed very different from most of the Jedi. You are open-minded and willing to seek out things that others would shun.?

?Well, most of the Jedi think I?m completely insane right now, and you?d be hard-pressed to find anyone in the galaxy who doesn't think that.? Jaina sighed and sat down on top of the rubble.

?I do not think you are crazy.? Vergere?s feathers ruffled in surprise.

?You?re certainly in the minority.?

Abruptly, Vergere changed the subject. ?What do you seek here??

?Honestly, I don?t know.? Jaina thought for a moment. ?Really, I think it?s some kind of healing in a way, something to put me back together. And some way to avenge my brothers. The entire rest of the galaxy is too scared to do anything, and even if it?s the last thing I ever do, I still want to fight back. I want to give those scarheads a piece of my mind, and make them regret they killed my brothers. I know this is pretty dark, but it doesn?t matter. Right now, the end justifies whatever means I use.?

Vergere?s whiskers twitched. ?In that case, Jaina Solo, perhaps we should talk. We have much to learn from each other.?

To Jaina?s surprise, the first thing Vergere suggested was ?If you?re so bent on revenge for your brothers and destroying the Yuuzhan Vong, then why don?t you just join the Sith??

?I can?t just accept the way of the Sith. It?s wrong.? Jaina stared at Vergere coldly.

?How do you know it?s wrong? Have you explored it for yourself yet??

?I don?t need personal experience to know that killing people and ruling the galaxy as a megalomaniac and tyrant is wrong. Look at what my grandfather did. I?m not becoming like that. No way.?

?Is that the only thing that Sith Lords do? What about all those Sith that you?ve never heard of? Bane?s order continued to the time of Palpatine and Vader. There must have been many Sith in between that time. What were they like? Were they all monsters? How do you know they were??

Jaina?s head was spinning with all of the questions. ?I don?t know! All I know about the Sith is what I?ve been told by the Jedi. And they always say that the Sith are evil and good riddance to them.?

?What if what you have been told is entirely wrong? How do you know it?s right? This is all coming from Jedi, who are the sworn enemies of the Sith. Why must everything be in black and white? Where is there room in the sha

16. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    And naturally in that whole conversation Darth KFC didn't mention that Jacen was actually alive. ;)

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Darth KFC [face_laugh] ROFL!!! More like the slimy snake in Eden [face_laugh] :p Great update!!! Once Jaina learns the ends do not justify the means I'm afraid it's gonna be too late [face_worried] :(

18. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Ultima_1: Darth Chicken is not going to say anything about Jacen being alive, since that would get rid of much of Jaina's reason to go to the Dark Side! But she's going to find out, all in time.
    Jade_eyes: It will not quite be too late, but maybe it will be...I'm not saying anything more for fear of spoiling the ending. Darth KFC... oh Force, I'm glad I'm a vegetarian. And the slimy snake of Eden...nice analogy there.

I'm updating in the morning since I have to pack the computer to go home here soon. Enjoy! Will return next Tuesday definitely, any changes to update schedule will be posted since I'm losing my high-speed internet for several weeks. Only Darth Dial-Up now. :_|

Vergere watched Jaina, seeing how the girl was so vulnerable to the way of the Sith. Anger and hopelessness had easily begun to push her over to the Dark Side, and with a few more carefully placed questions, Jaina would fall.

It was only a matter of time.

Jaina glanced at Vergere. ?You?re thinking about the Force again, aren't you. Trying to decide what to tell me next??

?I?m opening your mind,? Vergere explained. ?Sometimes you just need to see things from a different viewpoint.?

?This certainly is a different viewpoint,? Jaina muttered.

Vergere smiled wryly. ?You will find that many of the things you have been taught to believe depend a good deal on your viewpoint. Clearly you know that morality depends on a being?s viewpoint.?

?Yeah.? Jaina rolled her eyes. ?The scarheads see nothing wrong with their particular brand of cruelty just because they think it?s normal.?

?You see everything wrong with the Sith way because you have been taught that it is wrong.?

?Everyone in my family knows what the Sith have done, and we all know how much pain it can cause ,whether or not that?s what was intended. It?s just such a hard thing to think about. I sometimes question my sanity when I start to think about turning to the Dark Side.?

?It?s not a matter of sanity, Jaina Solo. It?s a matter of perception and viewpoint.?

?You keep telling me that without giving me an example of it.? Jaina was confused enough without Vergere trying to help her.

?Do you need a reminder of all of the Jedi versus Sith conflicts over the years? Each side feels that the other is evil.?

?So that?s the only thing fuelling this? A difference in perception?? Finally, Jaina realised what had been holding her back from the Dark Side that could be an answer to her problems. It was all a matter of perception and what she had been taught as a child.

They continued the journey through Yuuzhan'tar together, discussing the Force, philosophy, and current events. Jaina was surprised to hear Vergere?s view that there was no Dark Side, just as Vergere acted surprised as she tried to dissuade Jaina from such a black-and-white view of the Force.

?The Unifying Force has many aspects, Jaina Solo. It can be dark or light, using your words, depending on what you see in it. I don?t know what you consider to be the boundary between dark and light, but the Unifying Force has no boundary. The only controlling factor is your mind.?

Jaina considered this for a moment. ?I get where you?re going. The Sith think the Jedi are evil and the Jedi think the Sith are evil. I guess it?s just a matter of where you?re coming from.?

?And what do you define as evil??

?I haven?t really thought about it that much. Every time I think I know what evil is, something changes and then what?s evil is okay now.?

?Do you feel that you are doing what your family would call falling to the Dark Side??

Jaina sat down on a chunk of duracrete. ?I don?t know. Some days I think I?m insane, and that these voices are just in my head. Some days I think I am going dark, and other days I realise I?m already there and I just embrace it. But what does it matter? I don?t care how I do it, as long as Jacen and Anakin are avenged.?

?So you are joining what you once considered to be the Sith.?

?Yes.? Jaina forced the decision into her mind and made it stay t

19. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Jul 19, 2007
    woooo hoo! Great job SithGirl!!! I like it muy mucho! You are amazing as always...Jaina's fallen?! NOOOOOO!!!! *sigh* I shuddder to think what you're going to take them through! But oh well...Itll be a fun ride! Sorry I didn't get to it right away, I lived through my spanish final!!! But Darth Dial-Up...:eek: *runs and hides* I'm sorry!!

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

20. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Irish: Si, Senor Darth Finals es muy espantoso. Jaina es un Sith ahora, no espera por su vuelta! Felicitaciones, tu vives por un esame di espanol! Es muy dificil. Darth Dial-Up me matarà durante enero. No sé que serà actualizatiónes durante enero porque non tendré high-speed internet.

No puedo resistir contestando en espanol.

Several days later, Jaina and Vergere arrived in an abandoned hangar that housed Vergere?s private shuttle. They left Yuuzhan'tar and headed for an asteroid near the Bimmiel system, where Vergere told Jaina that her training would continue.

?An old friend of mine is living in this secret asteroid habitat, where we have been lying in wait for many years to bring others into the Sith. You have proven yourself very interested and willing, and it is time you studied one-on-one with someone who knows the ways of the Sith. Have you ever heard the name Lumiya??

Jaina thought for a moment. ?Was she the Emperor?s Hand who fell in love with Luke and then he shot her down??

?Yes.? Vergere set the ship down inside the asteroid. ?I think you?ll get along well with her.?

Lumiya carefully examined Jaina, and then turned to Vergere disdainfully. ?You brought me this girl to continue the Sith? Have the scarheads gotten to your feathery little brain??

Vergere gave a wry smile. ?For your information, she is committed already, and more than willing to enter the Dark Side. And Jaina Solo is a relative of Luke Skywalker, and by training her, you will have some of your revenge on him. I would think you would be at least interested in training her.?

?She is young, reckless, and unable to understand what she is into.?

?I think Jaina knows why she?s here.?

?She has been a Jedi for so long. Can she make the change into a Sith so suddenly??

Jaina finally had had enough. ?Quit talking about me like I?m not here!? she yelled. ?I?m here since I want to learn the way of the Sith. I?ve had enough of the Jedi and their issues. The Jedi sent my brothers and me on a mission that only I returned alive from. I think I owe some revenge. And this is a great way to do it.?

Lumiya considered this for a moment. ?Your anger is strong, girl. You?ll make an excellent Sith once you?ve let go of the last of your Jedi ideas.?

?Teach me,? Jaina began. ?I want to learn. You can start anytime.?

Lumiya smiled. ?Then we begin tomorrow.?

When Jaina looked back upon her training under Lumiya, she was surprised not to remember anything more than just a few snippets. She remembered lightsaber battles, meditation, harnessing the anger within her, burns from Force lighting gone wrong, creating alchemical creatures?

After four months, Lumiya confronted Jaina with a surprising command. ?You need to go home to your family.?
    Jaina was momentarily confused. ?This is my home now. I don?t consider them my family.?

?Nonetheless, you need to go back for at least a little while. They will worry about you, and you owe them at least the knowledge that you are still alive. It will make your final betrayal of them all the more painful. And if you wouldn?t mind acting like you?re still a nutcase, it will make things even more awkward for your family.?

?Okay, I?ll go back for a little while. But as soon as they get on my nerves, I?ll be right back here where I belong.? Jaina turned away and left.

Lumiya watched her go, smiling. Jaina was indeed going to be a powerful Sith. It was just a matter of time.

[hr]

Est très mal, non? Hahaha... *sithly laugh*
    Prometts a écrire in anglais la fois prochaine.

Feel free to correct any of my multilingual mishaps.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great couple of updates. When Jaina finds out Vergere was holding out on her, I have a feeling it's gonna be a fast turn about. ;) My friends now are going to be my enemies kind of thing.

22. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Jade_eyes: Oh yes, betrayal and misleading- bad enough to any ordinary person, but a Sith? Someone will regret that. Not saying who.
    Want a sneak peak at what happens when Jacen and Jaina meet? A little excerpt of it is here, in the discussion on duels. It's small and heavily abridged, but check it out if you're interested!

The update will wait until I am next online, since it begins an entirely new plotline that is rather important later on. Happy holidays and I will be back on January 15th, maybe even sooner if I don't lose my modem cable!
    Love, SithGirl [face_devil]

23. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Jul 19, 2007
    Lovely job Sithgirl!! I'm enjoying this little jaunt into angst and unhappiness! Jaina would make a good sith...much better than Jacen...

Sorry you have dial up to contend with dear! Hope your break goes fast/slow and well!

I'm not EVEN going to try to return in spanish...how many years did you have? I've only had three.... :D

[face_good_luck] Irish

24. strwbrystarshine

strwbrystarshine Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    ?She is young, reckless, and unable to understand what she is into.?

?I think Jaina knows why she?s here.?

?She has been a Jedi for so long. Can she make the change into a Sith so suddenly??

Jaina finally had had enough. ?Quit talking about me like I?m not here!? she yelled. ?I?m here since I want to learn the way of the Sith.
    "

I like the subtle allusion to the movies here, and how it is now an inversion: Luke embraced the Light and now his niece is embracing the Dark. Very well-written. And I like the tie-in with Lumiya; very clever. :D Curious to see whether Lumiya's true motivation is revenge on Luke through Jaina or for the Sith "ideals" themselves...which is something the Legacy series doesn't quite address...would love to see your take on it, if it comes into play in your story.

Been away from my inbox because of the holidays--got a little catching up to do...but am loving this one. Keep up the great work!

25. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Irish Estudiaba espanol por tres anos. Haha, it's late and I can't resist. Oh, there's plenty more angst to come. And break would have hurt a lot less if McDonalds hadn't been there... sigh.

strwbrystarsshine: Wow, I actually didn't mean to write it as a flip of Ben and Yoda on Dagobah! Made funnier now, when I was just watching ESB... You'll see about Lumiya; honestly I wrote this focusing on Jaina and Jacen, with Luke as a lesser character. But I didn't plan to get Lumiya so very involved in this story. She walked in and threatened me with the lightwhip... well, you get my drift.

Leia returned to her suite, exhausted after another day of diplomatic bickering that was getting nowhere. The Alliance was rapidly falling apart, and often times it seemed that they would never be able to stop arguing long enough to win the war.
    There was someone sitting on the couch in the main living area of the suite. A young woman with long dark hair and dark eyes, gazing off into the distance?

?Jaina!? Leia raced over to greet her daughter, finally returned after four months of being missing and out of contact. ?Where have you been? I?m so glad to see you back??

The haunted look in Jaina?s eyes ended any further debate. ?I came back, yes. I have to be here again; it feels like the Force has called me back. I don?t know how long I?ll stay, but for a little while, at least.

Leia hugged Jaina, silently thanking the Force for returning her daughter.

Jaina remained with the Alliance on their new base on Mon Calamari, and soon everyone found out that she was with Jagged Fel once again. People still secretly suspected that Jaina was crazy, but she never spoke of that, and people only now gossiped about her relationship with Fel.

When they suddenly broke up after one month, there were many questions. Many more arose after he departed summarily for Csilla and the Chiss once again.

Throughout all of it, Jaina never said anything to anyone and just remained as the invisible half-mad Jedi girl.

?Jaina, what?s wrong with you?? Leia felt she had no choice but to sit down and talk to Jaina. The girl had changed so much, and even after almost a year, there was no way she had recovered at all from the fateful Myrkr mission.

Jaina stared into the wall, not wanting to meet her mother?s eyes. ?Oh, my brothers died in a suicide mission that we never should have been on in the first place, and then everyone thought I was crazy and didn?t talk to me when I needed it most. And then my stupid boyfriend dumped me for no apparent reason. And I?ve been hearing voices and seeing strange visions that just don?t seem right. And it?s been a year and nothing has changed. It?s just as bad as before. Other than that, everything in my life is great!? She moved to get up and leave, not wanting to talk to anyone anymore.

Leia gently placed a hand on Jaina?s arm. ?Why didn?t you tell anyone that you?re hearing voices? Jaina, that can be a sign of a serious mental problem.?

?I know.?

?And why did Jag break up with you? I didn?t even hear about it.?

?Well?? Jaina paused, looking rather sheepish. ?His family didn?t like hearing that his girlfriend was slightly nuts. But maybe if I?d told him, he would have stayed with me??

?Told him what?? Leia asked warily.

?That I?m pregnant and it?s his child.?

Leia nearly fell out of her chair.

Jaina looked like she was going to cry. ?Jag and I hadn?t been getting along for a little while before this. He thought I was crazy too, and that I was cheating on him with Kyp. That was never true. I honestly don?t like Kyp at all anymore; for that matter, I?m not on good terms with any of the Jedi. And now?? she sighed. ?I don?t know what to do now.?

?Jaina, you just told me one of those things that no parent ever wants to hear from a child.?

?I know.?

[hr]

There is a point to this tangent. Oh yes, there is. [face_devil] More evil coming...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.