Lightsaber and my son's heart are broken

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by VCR2, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VCR2 Jedi Padawan

My son, 11, wanted deperately to have a lightsaber. He saved his money and in Feb. 05 he bought a Lightsaber Force FX collectable from Master Replicas. He usually keeps it in the display case and no one - NO ONE - could touch it but him. Recently his favorite cousin was visiting and he could not wait to show her his prize possession. He took the lightsaber carefully from its case and turned it on. He was amazed when the light only went up the shaft half way. He tried again, the same thing happened. We chagned the batteries, but that was not the problem.

Please, please, please could someone tell me if they have had a similiar problem or know how to fix it? The warrantly as expired, so I hope there is a do-it-yourself tool to repair the lightsaber. If anyone knows how to repair this problem, please pvt me at iwonder72.yahoo.com. Me and my son will be eternally grateful.

Thank you.
  2. Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I do not know how to help. You might want to try in the Collecting forum. :) They might be able to help. :)

that's sad news though. :(
  3. darthjar-jarbinks11 Jedi Knight

star 1
    i wish i could help but i cant. im sooooooooooooooo sorry. i really wish i could help.
  4. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Have you tried calling th ecompany? Tell them your story, they may have an easy fix for you or maybe even replace the peice. It's worth a shot?
  5. darthjar-jarbinks11 Jedi Knight

star 1
    he said the warranty expired. they wont do anything. you should sell it on ebay. then use the money to buy your son a new one. that will work. just say good condition and describe it. (minus the half lit blade). it should work. try it.
  6. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I know they said it was out of warranty. But you never know. I worked in retail for the past ten years. People occasionally have a heart and will help you out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.