main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Lightsaber announcement

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Tater_Vader, Oct 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tater_Vader

Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Thanks to Cheryl, I got the glue for our blades in today. I was talking to my supplier and he is temporarily out of stock on his tubes, and wont see them till early next week. So I am asking him to ship out everything but the tubes, and am trying to negotiate us not paying the shipping for the tubes when they come in. Anyone with a question ask me tonight or on Saturday.

2. Darth_Tater_Vader

May 25, 2005
    Well the bad news is, we wont have new blades in time for this weekend, so we will have to make due with what we have. On the upside we will have everything else ready to go. So sorry to everyone waiting on blades I am doing my best here.

3. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    i know you are. ain't no thang.

looking forward to my apprenticeship in 'sabre building! [face_dancing]

4. Yodaa

Yodaa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    Your doing a great job Josh... :)

I to am looking forward to the "appreticeship" lightsaber building class. [face_whistling]

5. Cruzer_Fett

Cruzer_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    Hey Tater, how much will a Parks Graflex replica Luke ANH or Anakin AOTC or ROTS lightsaber cost me? One that is already assembled by Parks, is fully functional for lighting up and saber dueling, and that has a removable blade for trooping with just the hilt on a belt? Thinking about one for the collection. Here's a link to one that's currently for sale. Is it a deal I should take?

http://thedentedhelmet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9999

How about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-REPLICA-GRAFLEX-SKYWALKER-LIGHTSABER_W0QQitemZ7558552159QQcategoryZ60361QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How about this? Worth getting?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Graflex-Lightsaber-Blade-Socket-for-EL-LED-Conversion_W0QQitemZ8717098272QQcategoryZ154QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks, Cruzer

6. Darth_Tater_Vader

May 25, 2005
    Well, first the bad news, none of the ones you linked are el, or led ready, they are all your basic graflex 3-cell flashguns. If you were in the market for just a hanging prop repica, I would say pay attention to the 2nd ebay sale, and if that hits the $150 mark, stop bidding and get the one from the gent on the dented helmet. The 3rd link is just a conversion adapter that you dont really need so i would stay away from it.

Now if you want a complteted saber check out this saber

And if that is to pricey for you get one of the standard flash guns, and We can look into converting it over to an EL saber.

TaterVader signin off :)

7. Cruzer_Fett

Cruzer_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    Thanks. Very pricey, but by the time a conversion is done it may come out to the same price, NO?

8. Darth_Tater_Vader

May 25, 2005
    Personally I would go with the one I mentioned, I could convert a flashgun for you but it would only save you around 40 or so I would assume

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.