main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LIGHTSABER BUILDING (and FanFilming) - OCT 20 !

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by PadawanNick, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Sorry for the delay everyone, but I've finally managed to block out some time to do this

WHEN: Sunday, Oct. 20, 2PM-5PM
    Just in time for Halloween!

WHERE: My House, Lansdale, PA
    About 5min. from the Lansdale exit of the PA Turnpike.
    PM or email me for directions.

LIGHTSABER BUILDING
    I'll have workspace and tools ready to go.
    Please plan on bringing your own materials.
    If anyone needs help with materials, let me know. I've already shot some photos around the KoP Home Depot and a local WalMart. I can post lots of ideas as to what to get. Materials generally total from $10 - $30 per saber depending on how complex you want to get.

You can also get tons of ideas by browsing The Yellow Box website.

Ah, but there is a cost to all this. ;)
    I NEED YOU FOR MY FAN FILM!!!
    Please bring your Jedi and possibly other costumes.

FAN FILMING
    I have a couple scenes in the Jedi temple that it would be great to have extras to populate the background. One scene is in a training room, we can even have you using your new sabers.

There is one Jedi speaking roll left to film too, if anyone is interested.
    You would have to wear makeup to look like an aged Jedi master.
    Not too many lines, and they can be prompted too. It's a critical roll, though, used to help set up the entire plot.

There are a few other little things like a couple "bad guys" and perhaps a starship bridge crew, but I'll wait to hear from everyone to see how much interest there really is.

All filming will be in front of my bluescreen for compositing into CGI sets.
    [image=http://www.jushhome.com/Bluescreen/completed.JPG]
    Of course, all the coolest shots will be added to the website. I can also make sure we get a few images or video of each of you posing with your costumes and sabers. The finished shots will have fully actviated sabers.

Please post here to let me know who's interested.

Have fun!

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Count me out of this event, I will be hosting a pre-school Halloween party for my son and his classmates.
    Please try to do this again at a later date since I am very interested in making my own saber at some point.

3. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Bummer. :(
    It would have been great to have you.
    Have fun at the party though!

Have to see how this go around works out before scheduling anything new, but I'll definitely see what can be done!

Have fun.

4. Mil-jata

Mil-jata Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    I'm In. Sounds like alot of Fun.

5. JediElfQueen

JediElfQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    That sounds cool... :) I'll try to clear our schedule and find a sitter.

Julia

6. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Great!!!
    Keep me posted on your availability guys and feel free to ask if you have any questions on materials.

Have fun!

7. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Well, there's one more scene that I'm hoping to use some "backgroud Jedi" for now. The Jedi Master scene is being moved off a rooftop balcony. Since I just finished a new CGI model, I need Jedi for in here:
    [image=http://www.jushhome.com/GrandCorridor/finalmodel-1b.jpg]

Also, anyone interested in coming over for, even just a few minutes, to be filmed in costume is welcome.
    Please let me know.

Have fun!

8. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Hey, Nick! I'll be in town that weekend hanging with the lovely CrimsonVision at PhillyCon, and will have my Jedi garb and robe with me...even have my own prop saber hilt!

Would love to pop in for some filming, if there's enough time to film before I have to catch my flight (flight departs at 6:50 p.m. Sunday).

Here's a pic, lemme know if it fits what you're looking for:

[image=http://www.dreamwyver.net/dcon02/gal02/dcnop209.jpg]

9. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Sounds GREAT. You're costume looks awesome.

Let's see, for a 6:50 flight, you want to be to the airport no later than 5PM. Lets say 4:40 if you're returning a car too. I'm only about an hour from the airport though, so you wouldn't need to leave until 3:30, which leaves us with a good hour-and-a-half to tape some shots. Pleanty of time!!!!

Knowing that, let me know if you're still interested. It would be great to have you!!!

Have fun!

10. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Hey Brian! Have you shaved off your beard yet? I hope you changed your mind!

Can you enlighten the rest of us as to what this Philly Con thing is? I've never even heard of it before nor can I seem to find a website... -Natasha

11. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Hey Natasha!!
    Any chance in at all you can shlep out here with your Barriss costume???? Please!!!???? :D
    Would be great to have you, too.

Have fun!

12. CrimsonVision

CrimsonVision Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Hiya Natasha,

Brian is actually talking about a Rocky Horror convention that is being hosted in Philly that weekend. Heh, Im with the Boston Rocky Cast and they invited me down to do my thing on Saturday night. I'll also be doing the skit I did at the Moulin Rouge skit I did at the Masquerade at DragonCon on Friday night; the con comittee heard about it and asked me to do it again. [face_blush]

Should be alot of fun and the more the merrier. Here's the website, not terrible alot of info but if you'd like more feel free to PM me. :) There are usually a few stormtroopers and such running around these cons.

Philly Con

XxX,
    T

13. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Sounds fun. I'm a huge Rocky Horror fan so I'll probably have to check this one out. Let me guess, you're playing Magenta?

Nick, I'll try to make it if I can. I'd love to be in the film. Can't be sure though until I have my play rehersal schedule.

14. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    [image=http://www.rocky-horror.com/collectanea/columbia/tracicarter/colagain.jpg]

Nope! Columbia! I have played Magenta but Columbia is my favorite.

You should definately go. Should be alot of fun. Just got the word that Little Nell might not be there but oh well.

15. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    Nik, I'll be driving Brian around that weekend; I'm driving down from Boston so I'll have my car. So ya gots him for an extra 20 minutes, no need to worry about returning a car! ;)

Are you looking for any other sort of backgroupd charachters other than Jedi? I'd love to be able to help you out. :)

16. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Thanks Crimson!
    Tell you what, can you list the kinds of costumes you have and I'll see if I can figure out where to fit in one or more?!?

Have fun!

17. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    Oh my goodness, list my costumes? EEP!

OK, heres a couple of Genres:

Medieval (alot of different gowns)
    Gothic (vinyl, fetish, romantic)
    Victorian (think Moulin Rouge era but less flashy)
    Fantasy (Faries, elves, dryads; mostly green costumes)
    Dawn (the comic charachter; lots of her style outfits as I am on of Linsner models. ;) )

I have an old website with a few pics up but it hasnt been updated in 2 years. You could look around on there and see if anything catches your attention.

My site ormore medieval type stuff

T

18. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Wow. Sounds great!
    I'm sure we can find something, but, probably not something I should browse through while at work. ;)
    I'll check it out later tonight and post back here in the morning.

Thanks!!!!

Have fun!

19. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    LOL, yep, Natasha, I've still got the beard...just trying to keep it a little better trimmed is all :D Hope to see you there!

And T, you didn't tell me about those medieval-type outfits [face_love]

20. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    And T, you didn't tell me about those medieval-type outfits

Yep, I do alot of medieval roleplaying. And since I make all my own costumes I have ALOT of them. So many costumes!

Heh, I bet you just like medieval gowns cause of the corsets and the 'effect they have on women'. [face_devil]

XxX,
    T

21. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    Wow. Was just looking at those sites I posted and I realized I REALLY need to update. The first site hasnt been updated in 2 years and the second one 3 years! Really poor representation of my work. Ah well, more important things to do I guess.

Anyways Nick, If my costumes don't fit in, dont worry about it. I'd be more than happy just to hang out as I wil be in costume the rest of the weekend.

Besides, whats more fun than sitting back and watching yummy Jedi run about?!? ;)

22. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Actually...

This one might work:
    [image=http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/manor/512/images/pen05.jpg]

Especially with the hair vail. It actually looks somewhat Padme-ish. (Of course I pick something with a bulky hoop, right!)

If that's too much trouble, I'll look some more and try to pick something different.

There's also the possibility of borrowing someone's Jedi garb for a few minutes. That's the best part of bluescreen work. You can get bits and pieces of individuals and asseble an entire crowd.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Have fun!

23. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    Lucky You, the hoop is collapsible! ;) Not a problem at all.

But guess what. I dont think I have the headpiece anymore. That pic was from 4 years ago I think. I still have the white gown as well as the same gown in dark green. The overskirt might be faded but I have a black one with nice trim that very similar that could work.

Ill see what I have and bring a few different things for you to look at. If they work, they work. If not, oh well. ;)

And me? A jedi? Heehee, that would definately be fun! :)

Can't wait till next weekend!

24. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    OK CrimsonVision and NabootyCall - take your eye-batting to another board! 8-}

Anyway, have fun at the saber building party. Not sure I'm going to make it. Too much costume construction work to do before the big NYC Halloween parade. :)

25. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    Calixte;

:eek:

[face_blush]

So, are you marching in the NYC parade with a group? If so, which? I really need to make it down there one of these Halloweens. Do you happen to know if Alice Cooper still does that big show/party in the city on Halloween? Love him!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.