main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LIGHTSABER BUILDING (and FanFilming) - OCT 20 !

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by PadawanNick, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Our KofP Chapter was invited to march with the Empire City Garrison. We hang with those guys a lot - they are WAY too much fun! [face_mischief]

2. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    OK, um, what was this thread about ? :confused:

Oh, yeah...

So I've sent directions to Crimson, which takes care of her and Nabooty.

Mil-jata and JediElfQueen, are you guys still in?
    Let me know so I can PM you with directions.
    Will you guys be planning on building sabers?
    If so, are you all set on parts?

Any other takers or "maybe" takers out there?
    Just over a week to go. I'll be setting up the basement this weekend!

Have fun!

3. JediElfQueen

JediElfQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    My husband and I both have sabers... and right now is not a good time for us to invest in more supplies to build new ones...

But we are interested in helping with the film, as we both have Jedi costumes... I'm just trying to snag yet another sitter. *L*

I'll let you know as soon as I can!

Julia

4. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    How old is the youngling(s)?

Also, it sounds like everyone going is already set saber-wise, so we'll probably just end up up focusing on the filming.

We'll start off with the filming. I have a couple sabers of my own to loan if some one needs 'em. Once filming is done, anyone that wants to build a saber can stick around at the end.

Thanks everybody!!!! I'm really looking forward to this!

Have fun.

5. Mil-jata

Mil-jata Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    Yeah, I'm still in

I have all of the parts I need for the saber, just need some help putting it together.

I'm also working on the last parts of my Jedi costume.

As for directions:
    The only thing I know is how to get to the Mall. Sorry, I'm not real familar with the KOP area.

6. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    OK. Great Tim!
    So here's the plan.

We'll start at 2PM with filming.
    Everyone is welcome to arrive in plain clothes. There is a room to change in, with a full lenght mirror, right next to the bluescreen room. Please try to be on time, though, since there isn't a whole lot extra time.
    Audio is not an issue for these shots, so everyone can talk and change while shooting is in progress. Should be lots of fun.
    We'll get as much done as possible up to 3:30. At that point, everyone (except Tim) is free to go or stick around.

Tim: I'm still planning on you for the senior Jedi master. We'll try to age you a bit and shoot that dialog. (did you get the script yet?)

Then wrap up with building that saber and everything will be done at 5.

See you guys next week!!!

Have fun.

7. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    WOW!!!! What a great cast!!!!
    You guys were all fantastic!
    On top of that the costumes were AMAZING!!

Tim, Julia, Kev, Brain, and of course the beutiful Traci(Didn't think I noticed did ya! ;) ) :
    Thank you very much!

Julia and Kev, I'm really impressed with your litte ones. Danny and Jess seemed to really play well together, I Joey was a real trooper through the whole process. (I think he just really wanted to get in front of the camera.)

Everyone did a great job, dispite the fact that I couldn't remember anyone's name when I needed to. (Shame on me for calling Traci "Terri" but I was even worse mixing up Brian and Kevin all the time. Two dead ringers for Obi Wan.) [face_blush]

Special thanks to Traci for getting Brian out join us and helping me out with making Tim look old.

Tim managed to survive the carbonite freezing ... er, aging ... process and delivered a great performance as the Jedi Master.

Here's a quick photo of the PORFF Jedi ready to defend Naboo. It's a little sloppy, but I really wanted to get at least one image up here tonight.

[image=http://www.phillyouterrim.org/jedipose1.jpg]

Keep an eye on this thread for more images and video clips to come!

Have fun!

8. JediElfQueen

Sep 10, 2002
    Hey Nick! It was great to meet you and the others and we had a good time posing as Jedi and Danny is already asking when we can go back. *L*

I love the picture! If you can email me a good picture of Kev in his costume I would be SO grateful... I forgot to take one while we were there!! ACK! I don't have a good one of him in it yet... :(

Can't wait to see the rest!

Julia
    aka Vanna Jedi

9. CrimsonVision

CrimsonVision Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Heya Nick!

I had a great time watching all the goings on yesterday, I really cant wait to see the end product! Everyone looked SO fantastic; Julia, that Jedi belt you made has totally inspired me to get back on my costuming asap. It was perfect! :)

Anyways, Im off to go get as much caffine in my body as possible after the long ride home last night to Ma. But it was totally worth it for the weekend I had.

Thanks again!
    Traci

10. Mil-jata

Mil-jata Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    Well as many of you can see we had a great time with director Nick Lucas. The script to Hidden Phantom is awsome and Nick is great Director. Everyone's costume looked great, and Brian has the coolest Jedi Boots in the world.

Thanks Crimson for the help with the make up, the hair tie, and cutting me in half with your lightsaber.

I can't wait till Hidden Phantom Ep II starts filming.

oh, Nick I watched Pink Five, you were wright, it was hilarious.

11. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Well, I didn't want to leave Crimson out of the photo fun, so here she is looking quite pleased after having just cut Tim in half.

[image=http://www.phillyouterrim.org/tracinaboo.jpg]

Glad you guys all had a good time.

Julia: I'll see what I can do about a good picture for you, but video cameras is notoriously bad for for getting a good single photo. As I start working on the video shots, if I find a good still I'll post it here for you to download.
    In the meantime, can you share with us how you made those awesome Jedi belt pouches with HiC boxes?!?!?!

Have fun!

12. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    :eek:

Nick. That is the coolest.

THANK YOU!! :)

*runs off to show everyone in her office*

13. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Looks like everyone had a good time! I look forward to see the 'aged Tim' when the film is complete.

Glad you could make it Traci and Brian. Sorry I missed you guys but I've been behind on my costume building for the Halloween parade. :)

14. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Hey, sorry I've not jumped on here and thanked everyone earlier...it was an honor and a pleasure meeting/acting with everyone :)

Thanks for a great time fanfilming on Sunday, Nick, and for being a great director to work with, keeping a relaxed environment.

Tim, wish we'd started our walking discussions with martial arts talk, I was nervous being filmed and talking about the Stars, who I know next to nothing about [face_laugh]

Julia and Kevin, it was great to meet you, I loved the little one's Jango costume, and thanks for sharing your ingenious costuming tricks with us! Had a lot of fun hanging out and acting 'Jedi-style' with y'all!

Traci, thanks sweetness for the trip out and back. It was a great way to cap off a really fun weekend.

I was sad to have to go back so early [face_plain]

So, Nick, lemme know when you have info on the next film :D

15. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Thanks again for taking the time to be there Brian. It was great having you!!

As for a "next" movie, well...
    Crimson has been planning a Mara Jade costume.
    Maybe we'll have to put together some type of Coruscant-based assasination sequence involing the mysterious Emperor's Hand!

Mmmmmmmm. [face_mischief]

Have fun!

16. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    As for a "next" movie, well...
    Crimson has been planning a Mara Jade costume.
    Maybe we'll have to put together some type of Coruscant-based assasination sequence involing the mysterious Emperor's Hand!

OoOoOoOo...

Now THAT would be alot of fun!

I am getting more details of the costume set this weekend as well as I shall be refreshing my memory on my saber twirling and such. ;)

17. CrimsonVision

Sep 4, 2002
    BTW, what is the time frame (if there is one) for this current film to be viewed?

Just wondering... ;)

(yes, I know I have no patience :p )

18. JediElfQueen

Sep 10, 2002
    I too can't wait to see the film! I've always wanted to be in pictures. ;) *heheheh*

I'd love to share how I did the pouches, and the Jango armor and the belt, etc...

I'll work it out with Jenni about having some sort of demostration as a group activity... probably not until February though...

It's just easier to show, I think, but if you really want to do something BEFORE then, email me and I'll see if I can explain it.

Julia

19. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Can't wait to see those tips Julia!!

Well, Crimson, you know the last thing I want to do is keep you waiting. ;) , however, it's going to take some time to get this whole thing done.

I figure the one hour of tape that we shot at our meeting alone will take one to two months to complete. The lightsabers glows alone have to be drawn, by hand, one frame at time, at 30 frames for every second. :(

One other set back is that we got home from a trip today to find that my wife's computer had toasted its power supply. (Apparently it had a bad motivator.)
    Since she uses her PC for work and paying bills, mine (used primarily for "fun") became an organ doner and will be dead until my next paycheck comes in (monthly pay cycles are a pain) so I can buy a new power supply. :_|

The good thing is that the scenes we worked on are the first ones I plan on finishing. All the raw materials needed for these are ready to go. (All the 3d CGI sets are done and all the live action is shot.) I'll keep posting results here for you guys as I finish them, but I think it'll be somewhere toward the end of Nov or even into Dec before I have some really cool stuff to show you.

'til then...

Have fun!

20. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    MY COMPUTER LIVES!!!!
    (new power supply is in place. yay! :D )

Of course this means I have another update for you.

First, as a reference, here is a picture of our young actor, Tim:
    [image=http://www.hiddenphantom.com/selects/youngtim.jpg]

Nice guy. Endured a lot of slapped on makeup to become the aging Jedi Master in Hidden Phantom, as seen in this select image:
    [image=http://www.hiddenphantom.com/selects/select2.jpg]
    (And yes, the group in the distant left is Julie, Kevin, Brian and Tim. Further back, Tim and Brian are having another conversation about hockey or something.)

[EDIT:
    I know you guys look small (ok, tiny) in this shot, but don't worry. You'll all be seen more clearly in the training room scene.
    /EDIT]

Have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.