main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Lightsaber Building class - May 18th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by zhi-don_aquintas, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hi guys;

ok...im opening the shop again this sunday at 1pm. if anybody is interested let me know. ive got to get going on my saber or i wont be done in time for comicon.

2. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I wanted to come to this, but I will not be in town this weekend. Also Don, let me know when we are able to get together.

3. dustinbrewer

dustinbrewer Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    don,

i would like to come to this class, i want to cut the holes into my hilt. and test fit the dowel/piping combination inside. i can stay for a couple hours.

the emitter and pommel are still stumping me, but i do have the hilt design ready to go. and it wont be too hard to do.

4. BucketHead8723

BucketHead8723 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2003
    I would like to come. Can someone please give me directions to "the shop"? And is there a list of materials or anything I need to bring?

5. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Hmmm, kind of short notice this time, Don. [face_plain]

I'm afraid I won't be able to make this one. I promised to help my mom put the house back together after the inside is finally finished being painted, and since I'm going to the Chino Air Show Saturday, Sunday is the only day I have to do that.

If you need my help to finish your lightsaber, Don, we'll have to schedule another day for that.

OT, we should think about a Belt Making workshop, too. Shawn had mentioned to me after the last meeting was over, that he and Barry want to make new Jedi Belts. I can help out with that, too, since I have a fair collection of leather working tools now. We should be able to knock out a few belts pretty quickly.

6. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    sorry you wont be able to make it lori. i should be able to most of the rest by myself with the exception of the emitter sleeve. i agree a belt making class should be set up soon. i will think about that and post next week. yes, shawn and barry both want new belts. BH i have pm'd you directions. lori; how soon can you start on my new green blade? i hope you can have it done fairly soon. let me know when you need me to pay you. we also need time to get together and roll up your character. we are not, i repeat not gaming on weeknights...hope to see you soon.

7. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Yes please remember me. I need a new belt by the 22nd of MAY. :D

Also Lori, what is the status on the purple acrylic blades? If they don't have them can you go ahead and get me a blue one.

8. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    The 22nd! :eek: What are you doing on the 22nd, Shawn? Is it why you wanted to borrow my Parks blade at the last meeting?

I haven't honestly called the plastics company to find out what colors of acrylic rods they currently have, oops. I'll do that tomorrow (Friday). What color blue are you talking about? dark or light? I'd better take stock of my polycarbonate tubes, too, I may need a few more of those.

Don, I'll give the elwirecheap guys a call next week and make sure they have enough the green wire in stock, I want to get 16', because I want to re-do my blade, and I need 8' of red, to re-do that one, because Dan, Sith 241, had asked me about making him a red blade, and since he'll be putting it into a Lightech hilt, I thought I'd take the guts out of the one I've already made with 12' of wire and put it into a new, pristine outer tube and sell him that one. (I need to follow up on that, too. He hasn't contacted me about it lately) I wanted to do another one with only 8', anyway, because when I make my Sith saber, it'll probably be with the same inverter I used in your kit.

It's only about an hour or two to make the blade once I have the wire, I've got everything else to build you a green blade. When do you want it by? By a certain date, or just ASAP?

That's probably more information than most poeple wanted. Oh well. [face_blush]

9. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    I have a team captains meeting on Thursday the 22nd for Relay for life. I plan on going to the meeting in costume and I am hoping Don will be able to join me as well.

10. zhi-don_aquintas

Jul 17, 2002
    hi guys;

no shawn, i havent forgotten you. i will have a belt making class soon. lori; anytime you can do the blade will be fine. when you check on shawns purple, dont forget i need a purple also and a flouresent green one like yours. if you have time to work on the emitter sleeve that would be good too. you said that if you slip a section of pvc then it should be about right.

11. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I can't go, as I am very busy this weekend doing finals studying. :( :( :(

12. dustinbrewer

dustinbrewer Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    don,

i won't be able to go to tomorrows class. i will have to work on my hilt another day. i'm in no rush, so it will give me more time to think about the other parts of the saber.

see you next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.