Lightsaber Building Class Sunday June 8th

Discussion in 'Orange County, CA' started by zhi-don_aquintas, Jun 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Master

star 4
    hi guys;

im having a lightsaber building class on sunday june 8th at 130pm. feel free to come and watch even if you dont want to build one at this time. directions provided upon request.

may the force be with you,

zhi-don
  2. BucketHead8723 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will try and make it to this one. Can you post directions or PM them to me again?
  3. dustinbrewer Jedi Knight

star 2
    i will be there don, we went to home depot last night for other stuff, and i found some new stuff to try out :D i'm gonna pickup a few of the new pieces this week and have them ready for sunday.
  4. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    You know I'll be there.

I know you want to help others with their lightsabers, Don, as do I, but don't forget, that we need to get your saber done for the Relay for Life day (I'm assuming you'll want it for then). We'll help out where we can, but let's try to keep our focus on yours.

Maybe we can get Dustin and Zack started, and they'll also probably learn something from watching us work on yours.

If we can't finish it this Sunday, I've only got one more Sunday that I can help you with it before then: the 21st, since the 15th is Father's Day and I'll undoubtedly be at my dad's house that day.

I need to get your
    green blade made, too, since I picked up the EL wire for it last week.
  5. dustinbrewer Jedi Knight

star 2
    this is gonna be a cool class, watching you guys put don's together. oh i will be paying attention for sure :D i'm also gonna get my hands dirty a bit on mine, i bought a really neat piece at home depot!!! and i have my hilt cut-out design ready to go, i made a slight alteration in the plan, i think it will be fine, since this is my first saber :) my wife and son will be relaxing at home this time, so i have as much time as i need sunday :D

see you guys saturday at the beach :)
  6. BucketHead8723 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is the PVC pipe supposed to slip on over the metal pipe for the Darth Vader light saber? If so I need to get a new one because mine doesn't.
  7. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    Are you going to be making the Big Yellow Box "Vader" saber, Zack? If so, then, yes, the PVC pipe is supposed to fit over the outside of the metal pipe.

But don't worry, I have a 3 ft piece of the right size. I'd be happy to let you have some of it to use for your saber. And to make a drill guide. Those are very good things. :D

And I would suggest making it a little longer than in the instructions. It just looks a little short to me in the photos of it.

Dustin, I'll look forward to seeing what you've bought and the ideas that you've come up with for your saber. The BYB saber designs are pretty good, but I always like it when someone comes up with their own design modifications, and/or parts changes that will customize the saber make and it their own. :) ;)
  8. Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Knight

star 3
    If not too sleepy Sunday, would like to stop by and watch you guys do yours.
    Don or Loreen, PM me directions please.

Kaui-Jim
  9. BucketHead8723 Jedi Knight

star 3
    It would be great if I could use some of your PVC pipe, Ledi-Loreen, thanks a lot.
  10. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    "Ledi-Loreen"? Like "lead eye"? I'd rather be called a "dead eye", I am a pretty good shot with firearms. [face_laugh] Just joshing ya, Zack! ;) :p

I'll PM you directions, Jim, since I actually have written down the house address. In all the times that Don has been there, I don't think he knows it. At least he didn't when I asked him before going out there the 2nd time. [face_mischief]
  11. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Master

star 4
    thats right lori...rub it in. i may not know street addresses, but i dont get lost. i was going to ask if you have any room in your truck for saturdays beach party. let me know. please pm jim and let him know how to get there too, as i dont seem to know...lol
  12. BucketHead8723 Jedi Knight

star 3
    It turns out that I am not sure if I can make the class tomorrow. I have relatives flying out all the way from Michigan. If I am there then that's great, and if I'm not you know why.
  13. BucketHead8723 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I feel so bummed that I missed the class. I will try and make the next one. THERE WILL BE NO ONE TO STOP ME THIS TIME!!
  14. Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Knight

star 3
    Don and Loreen,
    That lightsaber class was much fun.
    Looking forward to the next one.
    Think I'm now ready to begin finding the stuff I'll need.
    Thanks for the inspiration!

Kaui-Jim
  15. Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Knight

star 3
    p.s. Was nice to meet Lou, Dustin, and Will.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.