main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsaber Choreography Competition **UPDATE**

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiJuan2080, Oct 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevenBills

StevenBills Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2006
    Just...make...a...fight.

2. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    Actually, Whiteley79, that sounds like a viable option. It's one way to make sure that the entry was filmed during the time period of the contest, as well. That isn't to say that the fight couldn't be choreographed, and then adapted somewhat to fit the dialog.

A nice idea, I think. Judges?

Oh, wait . . . . we want someone who's going to finish their response!

nyar.
    :p

3. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Just remember, if the idea is used, the dialouge needs to be very open so it can be used in different ways.

4. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
    We already have a seperate 'event' called Workshops that follow similar rules.
    Workshop I (2004)

Workshop II (2005)
    Granted... with S.U.M.T and Silent Hill: Born Hands I turned my submissions into fight videos anyway...

5. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Wait, whasis Silent Hill thing? I though I'd seen just about everything you guys had done.

6. Covax

Apr 30, 2003
    Silent Hill: Born Hands. You get to see Boter's maglite-swingin' action. Was supposed be be the only zombie movie we'd ever make... at least until Marvel Zombies. [face_plain]

7. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    damnit let me make a movie with you guys

8. Covax

Apr 30, 2003
    Provided it's not somehow coverted into a LCC entry, sure! [face_peace]

9. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    However, to get the full Key Pixel effect, you have to drive out to us, preferably around a big frickin' lake.

10. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I'm wondering, as this was brought up before: Will the entry have to be filmed during the time of the competition or can a previously made film be used provided it meets the requirements? I'm saying this because my friends will be in town late in December and we'd probably need to film it then.

11. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Usually, it has to be filmed during the competition itself. If that's the case, I have an unreleased fight that I'll release alongside it... the only reason I haven't released it yet is because I'd like it to be part of the choreo comp.

12. jacenskylo

jacenskylo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    Can anyone tell me how to find the films from the latest competition or load them up for me? Thanks

13. bgii_2000

bgii_2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    Speaking of dialog, I'm seriously contemplating filming a duel in which the combatants just shout, "DIALOG!" at each other, with varying degrees of emphasis.

14. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    WeirdHat has already done such a thing much funnier than you would. And that's not a slight against you specifically, WeirdHat just owns the concept.

M. Scott

15. Just_Joe

Just_Joe Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 9, 2002
    That doesnt mean he cant try. Think of it like when 2 movies get released around the same time, each with the same concept. Example...Deep Impact and Armageddon.

So basically one or the other will be better. :)

16. -Spiff-

-Spiff- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    Except than one of them was released a year ago? BTW: We are referring to WH's Lightsaber Altercation, available at: http://weirdhat.com/

-Spiff

17. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Ah, I love that bit.
    I wouldn't mind seeing that duel choreographed out with the voice-over playing in the background. That'd be an interesting project, lol.

-Vaportrail

18. jacenskylo

jacenskylo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    Can anyone tell me how to find the films from the latest competition or load them up for me? Thanks

19. Mae

Mae Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2004
    So, how's the progress on the next competition? I'll help set it all up if anyone isn't doing so already.

20. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    They'll do it. If you read the thread, you'll find that they're expecting it to me sometime in 2007, around spring or early summer. The ended up skipping it this year.

21. WeirdHat

WeirdHat Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2003
    Heh. You've been talking about me. Twice! And I totally missed it because I wasn't reading this thread at all...

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Hey, just thought I'd stop by to say that we won't be back with a new fight for the next competition, even though we said we would. Not that anyone cares or anything :p Good luck to everyone who enters though :)

(For those who have no idea who I am, my video finished third in the last competition ^^)

23. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    I care.

24. Mae

Mae Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Funk cares.

25. Laszlo

Laszlo Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2006
    Funk cares because that means there's one less challenger... [face_shhh]