main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Lightsaber Choreography Contest V Has Begun!**

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiJuan2080, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    lol... I would've claimed that the squirrels and the wood gnomes were having a war in my front yard, and I couldn't get out without dieing...

And I guess that would be the reason that I lost my job...

-Jacob "Sith-Man" Sheppard

2. NateCaauwe

NateCaauwe Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Haha, actually he knows about my LCC5 entry, and I just explained that there was no way I could finish it in the five short hours between getting off work and the deadline. That's one nice thing about working in production. "Um, I have a non-paying gig that has to be done tonight, can you not pay me today and let me finish it?"[face_whistling]

3. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    [face_laugh] lol, thank you, that made me laugh... Mind if I quote that? :D

4. NateCaauwe

May 30, 2005
    Go for it, I gotta get back to rotoing. 4 shots left, including the opening titles. Hell, it's not even the rotoing that takes long, it's all these other damn effects. We're never doing a death like this again unless we have a wire rig or digital double or something equally cool.

5. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    done...

Hey, I thought last night was the deadline... hmmm, if I'd known it were today we would've filmed something sunday. Man that sucks.

6. Goddard11

Goddard11 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2003
    My entry is 2 minutes long, I've finished about half of the rotowork. ObiJuan, will I be able to put in a completed version with finished effects for the LCC DVD?

7. JediPastor

JediPastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    Well I've done the math in my head. There is just simply not enough time left today to finish all the roto work before the deadline. I've seen so many comments (in both this thread and about my last LCC entry) that people don't like to see only intermitent fx, so I'm afraid my entry will be sans fx (except for the contact flashes). ObiJuan, you can just use the file I already sent you.

I've got 13 more shots to complete and that's not including the 6 shots I gave to a friend to roto and I haven't heard from yet (I've left 2 messages). Another friend was going to do the sound fx and I haven't heard from him yet today either. Can someone please tell me again what the deadline is for the DVD version to be turned in. I may be able to make that.

There are a couple of shots that may not look good without the vfx. A couple of strikes and swings that slightly missed their targets were going to get covered up with blade extensions and retiming in post. There is one ignition shot that you will have to imagine. Those shots are all done, and I'm still considering submitting a partially done entry. It's just that so many people have voiced their dislike of that. I'm worried that the judges will count it against me.

Any opinions? Should I or shouldn't I?

8. NateCaauwe

May 30, 2005
    I'd like to know that to, as I'd like to be able to provide our refined version for the DVD rather than the one we'll be submitting tonight. I know ObiJuan's at work all day though, so he won't get to any of your questions until this evening.

9. Jasteel

Jasteel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2003
    JediPastor,

I'd axe the effects and either focus on refining your editing, maybe try and roto that "imagination ignition" shot in the same vein as the RVB "pole duel." And speaking of that, due to time restraints, the RVB fight was solid without effects. Don't count yourself out over the effects.

If your contact flashes are in there, hey, that's something. Maybe throw in some contact sounds (don't obsess over hums and swings), and call it a piece.

Just make it look complete and consistant. Beyond that, there are always going to be people that are unrealistically picky. Shrug it off.

10. BkStudio

BkStudio Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2007
    Obijuan i pm you my entry

11. NateCaauwe

May 30, 2005
    Wow, I've got shots in this duel ranging from my most prized to so embarrassing I don't even want to grant it the right of having "fnl" in the file name :p

Just the opening titles and then I can finish the sound and music :)

12. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    Compressing now. I decided to enter anyway.

13. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    Ok guys.

I'm going to over-turn a rule JBK set cause I want the DVD to be complete, that includes the effects on the entries. You guys have a chance to touch it up. For now there is no deadline cause I have voting, coding and stuff to take care of. Once that is done, I'll think of a deadline for DVD material submission.

LCC Entrants

1. noron

2. Whiteley79

3. VaporTrail & 1337mik3

4. JediPastor

5. TigerCraneFist & Darth_Carl

6. NateCaauwe & IndyDreams

7. davsat5

8. Wookieefett

9. Goddard11

10. GheoFabulousDuk

11. AzurePhoenix

12. JediCow

13. DrowningFish

14. SirWicketMcYubYub

15. Calvinthejedi

16. The_Mandalorian_

17. FSFilms

18. xanetia

19. GameMaster

20. BruceM

21. Daramin_of_The_Way

22. -Joshy- 0

23. HSJFILM

24. SebMurphy

25. fakera

26. BKStudio

27. Matthew Ramsaur *Non-TF.N Member*

28. Paul Brueggemann *Non-TF.N Member*

29. Vidina

30. PraetorDrew

31. SilentBat

Updated.

14. Calvinthejedi

Calvinthejedi Jedi Master star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    Sweet mama, yeah! You rock SB! :) =D=

15. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    about the DVD, would it be possible for me to get one when they're made? And if so how? Sorry if this has already been asked, but I haven't really been watching this thread much...

Why not just add the core into those shots that need extensions, and the ignitions? The only thing I find annoying is colored glows on parts of the film, but I could forgive a core in shots that absolutely need a roto... I find it more annoying to see the person stand there for a few seconds with the hilt of a saber and nothing happen, then have the full saber in the next shot... lol But this may just be me...

16. ObiJuan2080

Jan 31, 2004

I would export an image file, upload it on the LCC site, have you guys download it and pray to God that you guys can at least burn a DVD. :D

17. NateCaauwe

May 30, 2005
    Sweetness. There's a whole slew of things that'll need touching up in ours now, and it's nice to know we have time. It doesn't look incomplete by any means, I just know I can do better with more time. So it'll be more like an uber version than an "oh hooray, now it's all finished" ;)

18. BkStudio

Jan 21, 2007
    im rendering out a better version of my entry that doesnt have sound problems is it okay if you use that instead Obijuan?

19. JediCow

JediCow Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2005
    I just finished mine, and I'm really embarrassed by how awful some parts are. I will definitely be taking the oppurtunity to touch a few things up before the DVD.

20. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    Entered!

21. BkStudio

Jan 21, 2007
    im going to go watch house and when im done ill turn in my entry

22. ObiJuan2080

Jan 31, 2004

Of course. Theres still time. Remember. You all got until 11:59 p.m.

23. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Is there anyone I can send my entry to to do the squeeze. I am not sure how to do it, and the person who was going to do it for me I cannot get a hold of.
    Last minute, I know but I sure could use some help

24. ObiJuan2080

Jan 31, 2004
    I can help. Im on AIM

25. BkStudio

Jan 21, 2007
    Obijuan i PMed you the link tell me to make sure it works

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.