main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lightsaber colours in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Normal_Nerds, Sep 13, 2013.

?

Are there any new lightsaber colours that you'd like to see on the big screen?

1. No. Just stick with red, blue and green.

31.6%
  2. Yellow

42.7%
  3. Orange

24.3%
  4. Purple/Violet

22.6%
  5. Different shade of blue (such as cyan from KotOR II)

16.3%
  6. Different shade of green (such as viridian from KotOR II or Ahsoka's shoto)

17.4%
  7. Silver

23.3%
  8. Other (please specify)

12.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Plaid.

'nuff said.

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I want to see yellow especially, but silver would be awesome.

3. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    What color Lightsaber?

...Question 3. What is your favorite COLOR?!

4. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Just stick to the original three and let Mace be the sole exception.

That being said, if I could allow a single color to go in there then I'd go with yellow. It's a basic color and stands out well on the screen. The same could be said about orange, but Hollywood is a little TOO into the blue/orange contrast thing being in damned near every film that I'm sick of it by now.

5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Hate to inform you but black is devoid of light and therefore color. It makes ZERO sense.

White contains all the colors of the spectrum and makes a ton more sense than black.

[​IMG]

Soon we'll be hearing about the Light-nunchucks and light throwing stars. LOL smh

6. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I guess I'll be the strange old curmudgeon traditionalist who thinks they should stay green and blue. It makes the lightsaber more mysterious. And the odd Mace exception is just interesting to me.

7. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    There should be three lightsaber colors; no more, no less. Mace Windu is the only exception, but that's because he's Samuel L Jackson.

8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    What exactly, in your view, makes the sabers more "mysterious" if they have only two colors?
    Not being snarky here, just curious.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  9. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    I like silver and yellow. I'm also a big fan of orange (my Jedi rocked an orange saber for a bit when I played SWTOR).

I'd actually like to see a Jedi wield a red blade. I know it probably won't happen, but it would be neat.

10. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    No new colours. That would make such a mess.

Echo-07 likes this.
  11. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It's simply the romance of limitations.

Jarren_Lee-Saber, Togruta and Echo-07 like this.
  12. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I say new colors, but yellow and orange should be the only colors introduced we haven't seen. None of this "silver with a pulsing black core on a lightwhip would be teh roxxorz!"

EDIT: clarification. I don't mind if purple is reused by someone, say Leia, but if they go overboard with new colors and we DON'T see blue and green ones, then we have a problem. I mean, it's a new Jedi order, they don't know that most Jedi used green and blue, they only know what Luke showed them. I'd like to think they'll try to make something different, and therefore we'll see some yellow and orange ones in there too.

13. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Ya black/silver...ehh no to those. Saber's are suppose to be "colorful and have that glow".

I think it would be fine to introduce a yellow or orange one. It's been used so much in the EU for years now. I remember wielding one in Jedi Knight back in '97 (if you went Lightside) and it was great.

14. Normal_Nerds

Normal_Nerds Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2013
    I'm pleasantly surprised that yellow is so popular! I've thought that it looked great since Yun attacked Kyle Katarn back in DF II.

I also think that we should see something new, but have them restricted.
    Jedi would have mostly blue or green blades, but there should be a few yellow and purple blades in the mix too.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  15. TheStorm

Apr 8, 2002
    Ya I think it's fine if there is yellow/orange just have them be more rare.

16. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Orange saber would be quite nice, indeed.
    In the end, I wouldn't mind if there's only blue and green again. But what I would definetly love to see is someone building a lightsaber.

Normal_Nerds likes this.
  17. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005

yo do realize star wars is a fantasy and not real right?

also it did exist titled darksaber

quoted

The darksaber had many unique features that distinguished it from almost all other known lightsabers. The hilt was slightly longer than the standard saber length. The blade was flattened and pointed making its general shape closer to a vibrosword in appearance. The blade color was black, which is unique in a lightsaber. However—more peculiarly—the core of the blade was black, while the outer edges glowed white.

from the clone wars toon

[​IMG]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darksaber_(lightsaber)

Dra--- likes this.
  18. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I do realize its a fantasy but it still utilizes science as a basis for its technology.

That said, despite TCW, I have no desire to see a bucnh of funky LIGHTsabers.

I would like to see Mandalorians though.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  19. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005

um its also in the eu in a book called darksaber............... its not just from clone wars

20. TheStorm

Apr 8, 2002
    Does not really look cool though. Lightsabers have a visual style to them, that that doe snot really follow. Something about the color makes the duels so beautiful...that black one not so much.

21. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    The Darksaber from the book is not a lightsaber. It's a stripped-down superlaser built by a Hutt to...do something, blow **** up I guess, I don't remember. Anyway, the laser itself looks a bit like a lightsaber so that's why they called it Darksaber.

They also shoot and kill Crix Madine for no reason at all.

22. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005

this is where i suggest change the orgin of it from the book to something new.

make it like an ancient evil saber from thousands of years ago or something

dangit now im starting to think i should write a whole new story for it.

got some ideas

23. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Darksaber the EU superweapon and darksaber the TCW black-white blade have no connection whatsoever, they do not interact in any way except for having a same name.
    There is no origin that connects them even remotely or needs any kind of "altering" - not to mention the fact that I highly doubt Kevin J. Anderson's superweapon fetishism will in any way factor into any decisions anyone makes regarding ST.

Echo-07 likes this.
  24. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Although I would love to see Jedi in the new order with all different colors of lightsabers, I voted for sticking with green, blue and red, just because I figure that Would be an easy way that could help maintain some Continuity between the three trilogies.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing it I guess, because we had purple in the PT...and sure, there was nothing of the sort in the OT but then again we only saw three characters that had lightsabers anyway in those episodes-so that could make sense that those three just happened to have Green blue and red.

Okay I changed my mind I have convinced myself that I would love to see multiple colors of lightsabers in the ST! :p

25. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm not cast in stone or married to any particular philosophy on this. I could live with a few other colors IF it was explained in the films or shown. There's NOT going to be too much that will keep me from my saga. :p

Back during TPM days there was a video game (I know not canon) called Jedi Power Battles. Plo Koon had a yellow lightsaber and I didn't mind it. Coincidentally Mace had a blue lightsaber. But it needs to be explained or shown anout the crystals and building a saber. IF they did that then I'd accept it.

I wouldn't accept weird things like a "black" LIGHTsaber when black is devoid of light. A white saber makes more sense. I just don't want it to get crazy. If it can be based in science despite being a fantasy then I'm good.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.