main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lightsaber colours in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Normal_Nerds, Sep 13, 2013.

?

Are there any new lightsaber colours that you'd like to see on the big screen?

1. No. Just stick with red, blue and green.

31.6%
  2. Yellow

42.7%
  3. Orange

24.3%
  4. Purple/Violet

22.6%
  5. Different shade of blue (such as cyan from KotOR II)

16.3%
  6. Different shade of green (such as viridian from KotOR II or Ahsoka's shoto)

17.4%
  7. Silver

23.3%
  8. Other (please specify)

12.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Agreed. I had no clue who anybody was on Geonosis.
    I agree. It's never made a lick of sense to me that Jedi got two colors while Sith only got one. I think that yellow lightsbaers are a must. Recall what is perhaps McQuarrie's most famous art of all:
    [​IMG]

2. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    edit: double post

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Uh, we knew who was who regardless of color. If you were familiar with the Council members, Barris, Luminara and Ayala that's all that really mattered. Otherwise, it was basically Anakin, Obi-wan and Mace and all three had a different color.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  4. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014

A lot of people aren't, and a lot of people didn't. But they could sure pick out Mace Windu.

The Geonisis battle is a little disingenuous to evoke, anyway, since there were 200 Jedi involved. Something like that is bound to get mixed up in a long shot and the viewer is going to just take the Jedi as a whole, since everyone is far away and you can't really tell anyone apart. Can't have 200 lightsaber colors, not that it would matter.

Revanfan1, Dak Oolron and KevinM1 like this.
  5. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    Pretty much, because Windu was a character played by Sam Jackson with a unique lightsaber, and the others are glorified extras in the films.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  6. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    Yellow lightsabers would be cool. A different source of crystals would probably be used than in the Old Order.

The Darksaber would be awesome to see. One of the coolest weapons in the Clone Wars, wielded by the new bad guy? Imagine Adam Driver using it against Mark Hamill with his battered ROTJ saber.

7. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

[​IMG]

In like this shot, I can understand.

[​IMG]

But not like this one. The ones to focus on were focused on like Obi-wan, Mace and Anakin. The others were just there as Jedi. So that's not really a real issue. That said, one can ignore the foreground and watch the background during the first part of the battle and see all the various Jedi fighting the droids.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it also looked great against the orange background.

9. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    Exactly. The first one is a long-shot. The second isn't, as it's closer (not to mention a slower shot).

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Blue, red, and green sabers don't mean what they used to. They've been diluted by their oberpresence in the prequels. ain 1983, it was awesome when Luke revealed his green saber. I'd love a similar moment with a new color in the ST.

Redimet likes this.
  11. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    What don't they mean anymore?

12. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    He means it isn't as exciting to see a lightsaber as it used to be and ones that are red green and blue aren't exciting at all after the prequels which used them to much after TPM. For example the first time Luke ignites his green saber its a very exciting moment because its new same for Mace and his purple saber. So a new different saber for me at least is wanted in the sequels yellow being my most wanted.

13. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    A black lightsaber should be like a black light.

14. Gen Rendar

Gen Rendar Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    I am cautious about the idea of adding new Saber colors into the films. I wouldn't mind a few new colors or variants being introduced slowly throughout the years, but I would want there to be some logical reason behind it.

When I think of the different saber colors introduced in the past and how they were introduced, there are two main instances where I felt it really worked.

The first was in the Star Wars: Legacy comics, with the Imperial Knights all having standard-issued Silver sabers.

The second time was in Clone Wars series when we were introduced to the Jedi Temple Guards who had Yellow sabers.

Both of those times, it really felt like having a new color meant something, and it gave it a bit of a logical weight, other than there are just more colors...

The only other element I would prefer they keep consistent, is the general notion that the Jedi have more natural colors (Blue, Green), while the Sith tend of have more artificial colors.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  15. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Argent has always been my favorite. A silver-white blade would look bad ass.

16. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
  17. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    While red, blue, and green might not have as big an impact... it might be interesting to see them mixed up a bit. I think in the EU Leia has a ruby red saber in some of the books.

I'd like to see silver, yellow, and orange...

18. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    [​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    At first glance, that doesn't look like a lightsaber.

20. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    I know... I'm just saying, I hope it would look like a black light...

21. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I remember when folks used to speculate that a black lightsaber couldn't exist and tried to use real world properties about light for their reasons, but Star Wars doesn't work like that.

22. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Red Green Lightsabers
    Blue Orange Lightsabers
    Yellow Purple Lightsabers

23. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    You mean like the two combined?

24. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    [​IMG]

25. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    eh never been a fan of that I like the solid solo colors more but I wouldn't hate it if they had those in the ST.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.