main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lightsaber colours in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Normal_Nerds, Sep 13, 2013.

?

Are there any new lightsaber colours that you'd like to see on the big screen?

1. No. Just stick with red, blue and green.

31.6%
  2. Yellow

42.7%
  3. Orange

24.3%
  4. Purple/Violet

22.6%
  5. Different shade of blue (such as cyan from KotOR II)

16.3%
  6. Different shade of green (such as viridian from KotOR II or Ahsoka's shoto)

17.4%
  7. Silver

23.3%
  8. Other (please specify)

12.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    My first two Luke Skywalker action figures both came with yellow lightsabers, as did the original 12" Kenner Obi-Wan. I think we're long overdue.

2. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    It kind of makes me mad that yellow has not appeared in the movies cause the concept has existed since 1976 at the earliest.

3. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I do hope we get a yellow lightsaber in the films. Not only have they appeared in the old EU, but there first appearance in the new canon was in TCW (the jedi temple guards carried duel wielded yellow blades).

I also would not mind showing a different shade of a traditional color in Episode 7. We already got an example of that in the new canon with Ahsoka's shoto (a green blade that had a yellowish shade to it).

4. Castiel

Castiel Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    Definetly orange!
    [​IMG]

5. Darth Swede

Darth Swede Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm not sure the artist meant it to be yellow, or that the artist's choice of exact color would translate into the film. Not that I would object against a yellow saber. As long as no one has a brown saber, I'm good.

Thinking about it, some of the jedis in the prequels should have had beige sabers. Specifically the three jedis that confronted Palpatine together with Mace Windu.

6. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    I posted the following in the Daisy Ridley thread:

"What if Daisy has an orange lightsaber by the end of VII because she's Han's daughter and retrieved the crystal from Corellia? What if it was created after his death in remembrance of him and what he stood for?"

Adding to that, what if a few of the Jedi and Sith were associated with specific lightsaber colors for symbolic reasons?

7. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Well it certainly looks yellow to me. Found it odd when an article talking about this picture mentioned a guy wielding a red lightsaber. Dude, this is deinitely yellow.

8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It looks like Ventress carries a yellow lightsaber in the pre-concept video of her canceled Clone Wars arc.

9. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    I posted the following in the Daisy Ridley thread to explain my idea for her using an orange lightsaber:

'I imagine we'll likely see Corellia in VII. That planet's Wookiepedia page says: "It is rumored to have many deep underwater caverns with orange lightsaber crystals."

What if Daisy was Han's daughter and constructed her own lightsaber at the end of VII as a symbol of "the passing on of the torch"? What if VII made that info about Corellia canon? What if this new lightsaber was symbolically connected with Han's possible death in VII?'

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The color of money

11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Agreed. If we are going to see new lightsaber colors, I would like for it to be more of a rarity, not just all of a sudden all the Jedi have a full rainbow of colors out of the blue.

If there is an opportunity for some sort of explanation of it coming about that way all of a sudden, that would be even better. But I wouldn't be Against seeing a couple of different colors, like how Mace's lightsaber was in the PT. It kind of made it special in that way.

What I would really like to see however, is more double-bladed lightsabers!

12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I don't need an explanation of why there are different sabers colors. I just see it as new jedi finding crystals from different sources that the old order used.

13. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    wow! this is awesome. any idea who this character is?

14. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Tera Sinube

15. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    thank you very much.

16. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Your welcome

17. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    hope you
    have a good day :)

its been over 10 years but did we or did we not see a yellow lightsaber in the battle of geonosis?

18. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    We did not. Purple was the only new color introduced in the PT, or people would've been talking about that for years; anything that seemed yellow to you was likely just a pale green.

I know I voted in this thread ages ago, but can't recall if I posted (probably did); yellow, orange, purple, and more would be very welcome. This is a new era for the Jedi, not restricted to Ilum or any of the other old rules & traditions of the failed Jedi Order (or any of the rules & traditions of a lazy George Lucas--"Eh, we only had red, green, and blue in the originals, despite only having 3 Jedi-type-folk using sabers in the films, so that's all we'll have when there are thousands of Jedi-types...oh, and Sam's purple saber").

I'd still love an ambiguous villain use yellow or orange, so if said villain's allegiance isn't clear when he first ignites it, he won't have a red blade to give him away to the masses.

And it'd be pretty great one of the new heroes destined to become a Jedi would sport a yellow blade. Been itching for one ever since the original Kenner Lukes and the Obi-Wan card photo! Very glad TCW introduced them with the temple guards' double-bladed sabers (and perhaps Asajj as well, post-S5)

19. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007

20. Obill-Wan Cuppobi

Obill-Wan Cuppobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 2, 2014
    I would love to see orange, yellow, and teal.

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. Shamear

Shamear Jedi Master star 1

Feb 9, 2014
    I'd prefer they just introduce different shades of the colours we already have such as Aqua, Turquoise etc. but I'd also prefer red to not be altered at all. I'm not a fan of orange/yellow llightsabers to be honest, I felt they looked quite tacky in the video games they appeared in IMO. But hey, if they were to show up in the movie, I'd eventually warm up to it as I did with other new things I didn't initially like in Star Wars.

22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If they wanted limited colors, they could have given Luke a green saber in ROTJ, "contrast with the sky" be damned. Ever since Luke used a green lightsaber, I've wanted to see every other color that exists.

23. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    teal or aqua would be amazing.

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  25. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014

[face_hypnotized]

Thread Status: