main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsaber Competition

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by *DMaul*, Feb 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordofSmith

DarkLordofSmith Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    I'll do it, but only if someone can get me a copy of clip with the stick showing up more clearly, or at a higher resolution.

Yesterday I exported the clip as a tiff file, and I couldn't see them.

2. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    That's probably the end of Paintshop Pro as an entry then :(

Not knowing how Paintshop Pro works, can you us the original clip, (against a bluescreen) and roto that, then keeping the sabres you have created, place them onto the composited footage?

I don't quite understand what happens in your process that differs from the other peoples, so don't really know what we can do.

One thing I do know is there isn't going to be a clear/higher res clip...

EDIT: Do we actually have an After Effects entry yet? I'm a little lost on who has done what at the moment...

3. *DMaul*

*DMaul* Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, I was hoping to shoot for Wednesday still...But, if you guys cant get these things in, I really hate to do it (you guys still have a couple more days, please just take a little time and do this!), then we're going to have to extend the date because I would really like to see all of these clips in...

4. DarkLordofSmith

Feb 27, 2001
    Daft I'll have a go, but I can't promis it'll be ready by wednesday

5. sinistergfx

sinistergfx Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2002
    heh, DMaul; "sinsistergtx", that's the funniest typo I've seen of my name... LoL

it's sinistergfx
    not sinsistergtx
    OK, enough making fun of DMaul...

The computer parts are shipping from California on Monday; I'm in Florida. Hopefully they make it here in time (especially since you're extending the deadline), because I really want to take part in this.

6. The_Iron_One

The_Iron_One Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2002
    Hey Daft, my clip uses commotion pro,and after effects,btw how can i send you my clip,its to big to attach onto my email??

7. link64PD

link64PD Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2001
    My clip is done now, Daft I will upload and PM you the link tonight.

8. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    ::Montgomery Burns::
    Exxxceeellllent.

Two more for the pot. Iron-One, I sent you a PM a while ago, do you know how to upload footage? If you do (and don't have any webspace at all) I could sent you the StormAhead server FTP details (so you've GOT to get the hang of PM's)

Good stuff Link. Did you use After Effects (I remember your name from Ryan's AE Tutorial)

sinsistergtx
    Sounds like an S&M girl band :)

9. *DMaul*

*DMaul* Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2000
    LOL...And that was Daft, not DMaul =P

10. DarkLordofSmith

Feb 27, 2001
    For reason I'm not prepared to go into, on these board, I'm withdrawing my PSP attempt.

If you really want to know PM me

11. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    Okay, this is the 235th post, and I haven't read a single post! What are you guys talking about here?!

12. Melvil

Melvil Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2000
    We were just contemplating a sinister plot for global domination.

I completely forgot to upload my clip, I'll do it tonight and send the link to Daft and DMaul in the mornin'.

-Melvil

13. UFOtypeE

UFOtypeE Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2002
    Hey Daftmaul, could you send me the winner pic/movie when the contest is over? I wan't to see the standard for these saber graphics. I May even get into this, seems pretty interesting.

14. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    Yo maul - Once you get to actually posting the links to the clips, use some code to put a huge yellow and red banner and bold type saying to start reading here. :)

Seriously. Just so people can skip over all of us working out details and what not.

Or better yet, a new thread for just the results and reactions/comparisons/comments/etc?

15. link64PD

link64PD Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2001
    OK, my clip is up. Check your PM's Daft :).

16. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    Okay folks,

Three more clips how now come in, so we've really got a competition now. I'd like to hold out for clips from sinistergtx (awaiting computer parts) and stupidfilmsinc ('cause it would be good to have ALAMDV in the mix)

Other than that I *think* we are there. If I have forotten about you, please say/send the clip through. Shall we say the closing date is end of play Friday? (board time) That'll give me the weekend to prepare and post the page, and instigate the poll thread. If they aren't in by then, they aren't going into the competition, otherwise this could drag on and on for weeks. Sorry to put you last guys on a deadline, but we have to close this out, lest to lose momentum. At the moment we have more than enough for an interesting competition. So far (including Melvil's clip which I haven't seen) we have eight clips in, with the two above that will make ten which is more than adequate. So if there are any lurkers out there I have forgotten about, show your face/clip PDQ or miss the boat. :)

Ryan - I will open a new thread once the page is up. Remember we are going to instigate a 'Poll thread' which needs its own special format.

UFOTypeE - All of the clips are going to be posted, and the winning clip' (after the poll) will have a little 'viewers choice'* logo on it, so you can download it from there when you want.

*Wow, what an incentive/prize!!!!

17. DarkLordofSmith

Feb 27, 2001
    Well don't count on me for the PSP.

Maybe when I have a bigger hdd, and I don't ahve to worry about a time limit, I'll put something together.

18. Melvil

Melvil Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2000
    Sorry guys, mine is in now, you've got PM's.

-Melvil

19. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Alright, now who is left?

Is there a deadline?

Did Daft get my video?

Will TAC ever get a date?

Next, on 'As The Lightsaber Comp Turns'!

:p

20. StupidFilmsInc

StupidFilmsInc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2001
    Mines done and its 565 KB. were can i send it?

21. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    david@nutleys.com

Good stuff. One to go.

22. DarkLordofSmith

Feb 27, 2001
    Daft did you see my message abourt withdrawing my PSP attempt?

23. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    'That's probably the end of Paintshop Pro as an entry then'
    --Daft

I think that'd be a 'YES'.

24. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    I did DarkLord. It's sad, but understandable under the circumstances.

It would be nice if you could produce a clip sometime (using the footage supplied), as I would eventually like to include a clip to go with the tutorial you created. :)

25. sinistergfx

sinistergfx Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2002
    BAH! I'm holding the whole thing up....
    Once I get my computer parts, I'll make sure to get my entry done and submitted as quickly as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.