main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsaber Competition

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by *DMaul*, Feb 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordofSmith

DarkLordofSmith Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Thank, Eagle.

2. link64PD

link64PD Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2001
    DMaul- How many participant's are you shooting for per program? More than one person can use the same program as long as they are using a different method right? Maybe you should post an updated list along with the program and method everyone is using. :D

3. *DMaul*

*DMaul* Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2000
    UPDATE

Photoshop: Ryan_W, sinistergfx

Commotion: pahket

AE: Riskbreaker, link64PD

AlamDV: StupidFilmsInc

Axogon: EagleIFilms

Here, again, is an updated list.

Eagle: I dont want to sound mean or anything, but I specifically asked whoever wants to do what program to PRIVATE MESSAGE ME. So, PLEASE, whoever else wants to participate, just take the 30 sec to click on my name, then click on "Send Private Message", then just type saber or something into the title, and write the name of the program you would like to do, and that is it. ITS NOT THAT HARD :)

Also, with the clip you provided...The only way we could use that clip is if it were about twice the size. I'm afraid that is too small to work with, and we would like to see high quality videos (yes, and with a small file size too :))

link64PD: I would like at least one person per program. We would like a varaity of programs, even if there are different methods. This is mainly to show how long it takes, and the quality you can get out of different programs. There may be different methods for different programs, but they could both take the same time to do, and may be some of the same techniques.

So again, guys, if you want to participate, please, just send me PM...Its not that tough. I just want to make sure you are willing to do this by sending me a PM instead of replying to the thread where I have to read every one of the replies to find who wants to do what. And, we are needing different programs too! (Ulead, PSP, and any other one you can think of that you can do sabers in that look decent :))

Thanks again :)

4. Riskbreaker

Riskbreaker Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2002
    What about the people who dont have a name for their method? Me for instance, I use bits and pieces from other methods to make what i think looks good.

5. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    Just a note... I think it will also be valuble if, when this is done, the AlamDV user(s) post the plug-in used (if they made a custom one).

6. *DMaul*

Apr 1, 2000
    UPDATE

Photoshop: Ryan_W, sinistergfx

Commotion: pahket

AE: Riskbreaker, link64PD

AlamDV: StupidFilmsInc

Axogon: EagleIFilms

Ulead MSP: Jace Taran

(Needed to give the thread a bump too :))

7. *DMaul*

Apr 1, 2000
    Quick *Bump*

8. StupidFilmsInc

StupidFilmsInc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2001
    There is a short Quicktime video that comes with AlamDV which we could use for the roto.

9. Riskbreaker

Jan 19, 2002
    Could you please upload it so that we could all take a look at it?

10. StupidFilmsInc

StupidFilmsInc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2001
    where can i upload it to?

11. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Send it to me, SFI, GHarbin@carolina.rr.com

I'll upload it.

12. *DMaul*

Apr 1, 2000
    It is a good little clip, but I think it is too short...We would like to see more movements...

But thanks for the idea :)

BTW, I think we have a clip. So, you guys have 2 more days to send me a PM if you want to do this! I will post who is in it, and send everyone the info on what to do :)

13. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    Here is the clip Lord Rive/DVGarage supplied. The plus points are that it is very good quality, a great little fight sequence, and involved a nice degree of clashes to challenge the programmes. The bad point is that it's only 15fps, but maybe that's an advantage.

Anyway, see what you all think.

14. link64PD

link64PD Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2001
    Looks good to me. I vote for that one to use :). The 15 FPS may let us speed up the contest so it won't drag on forever.

15. Robinshtein

Robinshtein Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2002
    I have a good clip I made at home with my friends. One got out his camera and aimed it toward me and my other friend who were making pee streams and we clashed them as if they were lightsabers. only problem was that the streams were both yellow, so It's hard to tell who's overlapping who's pee stream. Besides it didn't look good anyway because we all got wet after doing it.

I reccomend you don't do it if you have not already done so in your engaging fan films.

16. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    Robin,

Enough already with the stupid posts. And remember we can see IP addresses, so we know if these accounts are socks or not.
    (Is that enough we-we for you? [face_laugh] )

17. DarkLordofSmith

DarkLordofSmith Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Nice footage, I really wish I had could get invovled in this, just to see how much hard it is to try the real this using my method.

I could problaby could do it, but while i do have the software to convert the footage into animated gifs, and then back once I've finished, I dont' have hte disk space, or the money to buy a new hdd. :(

Oh well

18. Robinshtein

Robinshtein Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2002
    Daftmaul,

I'm sorry. I'm using my friend's computer who is named Niennub1 or something like that. I will stop to avoid any other trouble. Sorry.

19. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I'm sorry. I'm using my friend's computer who is named Niennub1 or something like that. I will stop to avoid any other trouble. Sorry.

[face_laugh]

20. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    Does someone need some space to host a clip on? I have unlimited space, but it's not THE FASTEST server. How many megabytes are you looking at using? I may be able to provide. Just need to know all the details and I'll see what I can do.

EAGLEIFILMS:

Yeah. Sounds funny, huh? While I was out at the store one of my little brother's friends were messing around on my computer I left on while I was getting a couple parts for my force pike at the hardware store to my Royal Guard costume. I came back to see my room light on and the internet up with TFN up. He wrote me a sorry note, but I'm quite angry at him right now because I know those guys can see where I'm typing from via a numerical IP code. Sure I like to have some fun, but I don't want to get booted off here. Well at any rate I'm sorry for the stupid remarls made on this thread. Did he post anywhere else and who do I need to notify on TFN about banning or closing his username?

Thanks! And let me know on the hosting...

21. *DMaul*

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, I think Daft (if it's still ok with you guys) offered to provide hosting at TF.N (to promote themselves a little...We all know the story, j/k =P)

But thanks a bunch for the offer, Nien :)

Ahh...Daft...Thanks for gettin that raw footage up for us :). And yes, that is the clip we will be using :).

22. pahket

pahket Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2001
    Is there *any* way at all to get that clip in anything higher than 15 fps? I ask this because Frame rates of 29.97 will *really* allow us to judge the entries on aspects of saber "jumpiness," accuracy, and continuity. That clip must exist somewhere at 29.97. It's gotta! Or maybe i'm being a picky, anal little punk. :p

23. Riskbreaker

Jan 19, 2002
    Is it possible to use a different clip...I mean, Its not working in AE...I'm not sure whats wrong, after the first frame its all white...it might be because of the alpha channel.

24. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    I'll talk to Rive and see if they have it at a higher framerate. Riskbreaker, the reason is becuase you don't have the on2 codec. Do you have Sorenson 3? Maybe it can be uploaded as a Sorenson 3, or you can download the on2 codec here

25. sinistergfx

sinistergfx Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2002
    I was having the same problem in Premiere and After Effects. Downloaded the codec (this would actually be the second time, quicktime auto installed it before), and I'm still having the problem. BAH!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.