Lightsaber Competition

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by *DMaul*, Feb 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: TCF-1138
  1. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Shawn: He meant the background changed to a gradient (why, I dunno) or a different solid color than blue.

I think we should just have the blue saber, be red instead. Seriously people, it's not that difficult. And we're dealing with the three primary colors (of light) in that case. Best way to go about it, I think.

M. Scott
  2. Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I figured that out after a little while =) he just referenced color so I assumed he ment the sabre.
  3. *DMaul* Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Ok, if everyone is going to whine and complain...Then someone can key the clip.

I, for one, didnt think the blue looked so bad. Either way, we want to show a minimum of one saber, what it looks, and how long it took to create 2 sabers ona 5 second clip, no big deal...

But, like I said, if people are going to whine and complain about something as small as this, then someone else can key the clip...But, I could care less either way...

But red would be fine w/ me also. I'm just tired of hearin all this...

So, either someone voulenteer to key it, or just leave the green and throw a red as the other one.
  4. Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan

star 4
    People are voicing valid complaints about this project. Calling the people who are trying to help you accomplish something whiners is not the way to make people want to work with you.

Most of the people working on the project feel that blue sabres look bad on the blue background. If you want a good example to show people the different methods of sabres then why would we want to do something that looks bad.

Instead of getting deffensive why not try to work with the suggestions comming in. If you still want this to work and lead the project then instead of giving up and saying do what ever you dont care, why not decide on something and let us know how to fix the problem. Its all a part of leading a project.
  5. Lord_Rive TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 4
    Just letting you guys know -- keying the clip and keeping the un-roto'ed saber props intact is going to be a real bear...

I'm working on an alternative... Give me a couple of days. I know that everyone is really anxious to get cracking on this, but I might be able to get some things set up by the beginning of next week that will provide a level playing field for everyone, and give better results in the long run.

No promises, though... :)
  6. Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks Dave, PM me if you need a hand with anything I can come up to you with my equipment.
  7. EagleIFilms Jedi Knight

star 5
    Thanks Dave.

I'm not gonna spend time working on the sabers at this point.

If we get a different clip, or a background that's key'd, then I'll do it.

Otherwise, count me out of the contest.

I really don't like DMaul's attitude, either.
  8. Streen81 Jedi Youngling

Well my some miracle I managed to convert the quicktime file to avi, but now I can't convert it back with any of several programs I've downloaded. The avi is now around 80 MB, so I can't upload that either.

And since the plans seem to be changing, and because I basically finished, then I guess I'm out too. There's really nothing else I can do. The quicktime movie gave me problems from the start.
  9. *DMaul* Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Look everyone, I'm sorry about the way I acted last night (wasnt feeling too good), but like I said, I thought the sabers looked just fine on the bluescreen, and I didnt want to make everyone redo theirs when they were completely done with it.

We can go ahead and do red sabers, if its too much trouble for you Dave.

Again, I'm sorry about all that...
  10. link64PD Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks Dave, I'm looking foward to the solution.

Dmaul- Don't worry about it, I'm just about done rotoing my clip, but I would still gladly do another one that would be better representative of the program's capabilities. :)
  11. *DMaul* Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Thanks link for being understanding :)
  12. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    So, what, officially, is the final word? Are we waiting for Dave to do his alternative, then?
  13. Melvil Jedi Youngling

star 2
    After thinking it over, I'd highly prefer leaving the saber blue...

If someone wanted to key the background, that'd be fine with me, but I'd rather not have to change the settings for the saber, I just got swamped with some shots for my movie. =/

-Melvil
  14. sinistergfx Jedi Youngling

If that means the submission is going to be postponed for a little while, that will really help me... Something in my computer died (pretty sure it's the video card) and I've been unable to do any roto'ing or anything else computer related for that matter (I'm at a friend's house right now). Hopefully I can get whatever is wrong with my computer fixed soon so I can get cracking.
  15. Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Its all understood Dmaul. I think we should really wait and see what Dave comes up with for us. It could really help the project out.
  16. Melvil Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I agree with Shawn. =P

-Melvil
  17. SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    hey, dmaul, no hard feelings. same to everyone. remember that we're all friends trying to have a little competition, so dont blow it out of proportion. i didn't mean to come off sounding like i had such an attitude. sorry. anyway, i think that dave is going to key it for us, and i think we should leave it blue, so long as the background isn't a keying color. peace.
  18. *DMaul* Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Ok, then we shall wait for Dave :)

This'll also give me time so I can set up some ftp accounts for you guys to upload your clips at our *soon to be* domain/site provider :)
  19. Melvil Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Oh, so should I post my link for the one I already have uploaded? I'm lost. =P

-Melvil
  20. Ryan_W VIP

VIP
    star 4
  21. *DMaul* Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Nonono!

We gotta keep em secret :)...NOBODY post their links unless you are sending an email/PM to me :)
  22. link64PD Jedi Padawan

star 4
    <<I can set up some ftp accounts for you guys to upload your clips>>

Great idea :D. It'll be easier if they're all on one server...
  23. BrenDerlin Jedi Youngling

star 2
    *bump*

So what exactly do we do when we're done roto'ing them?
  24. *DMaul* Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'll set a new due date when Dave can key the clip.
  25. BrenDerlin Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Wait, do you mean I'm going to have to roto them again?
Moderators: TCF-1138
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.