Phx Lightsaber/Costume Construction Party # 3!!!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mobius, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Mobius FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Ok, guys, here are the details. I'm planning on hosting the next construction party at my house. I spoke with my parents, got the Ok and set the date.

Saturday, April 27
    12 noon - whenever

Please post if you plan to come, so I will have some idea of how many peeps to expect.

Also, I'm hoping for a small donation from each person, so we can order pizza or something.

Directions:

8239 W. Hatfield Rd.
    Peoria, AZ 85383
    Cell: 623-363-3530

Take Loop 101 North/West to 75th Ave. (I'm assuming you will know how to get to the Loop 101)
    Exit 75th Ave and go North (right).
    Turn West (left) on Deer Valley Rd. (stoplight)
    Turn North (right) on 83rd Ave. (stoplight)
    Turn East (right) on Villa Lindo (this is the last right turn before the road dead-ends at a mountain)
    Turn North (left) on 82nd Dr. (this is the first left)
    My house is on the Southwest (right) corner of 82nd Dr. and Hatfield Rd.

You may park along the side near the garage (on 82nd), or along the front (on Hatfield).

I hope to see you there!
  2. QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll be there. Thank the maker, it is only about 4 miles from my place.
  3. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  4. Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Master

star 4
    Woo-hoo! Finally something on our side of town! I'll be there (provided I can rope someone into giving me a ride which shouldn't be too much of a problem :) ).
  5. jupitertronic Jedi Knight

star 3
  6. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    wish I could be there...but that's quite a drive :).

You oughta see my saber. It's almost done and it's lookin pretty sweet! I'll post pics asap.
  7. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yep. I'll make the drive. :D Gotta get familiar with the "west side" at some point, eh?

^.^
  8. Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Knight

star 3
    No promises, but I'll try. I'll be up that way but will be in a conference til about 2:00. I'll do my best, considering I need to make another saber. Mine fell and shattered into many tiny pieces...well okay all the pieces fell off on Sunday as I was making the rounds at AWA. So I need to build a new one.

MJA
  9. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I'll post the info. And I should be there. With my new costume, too, if I can help it. :D
  10. Mobius FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Cool. Thanks Obey Wann. Hope to see you with that new costume!
  11. EmprsHandMick Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll try to come just to cause distraction and disorder. Hurray for entropy! :)
  12. harpm1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Man...I'll be in Tucson that weekend. I was out of town for the last one too! :(

Well, I guess I'll just have to stick to my hasbro saber my nephew bent....
  13. TD0690 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh man, another lightsaber party? I can't go to this one either, I already have a lightsaber. :(
  14. Mobius FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    TD0690: You're more than welcome to come if you want. It's just a buch of SW geeks having fun (I use the term "geeks" loosely). There will inevitably be at least one other person who's not planning on making anything. Bring your saber and your knowledge for those who aren't as learned.
  15. TD0690 Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually Mobius I don't really know crap about building a lightsaber, I bought mine. But if I can make it to the party, I will bring it anyways, it's pretty sweet! :D
  16. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    TD0690: I would love it if you joined us at the meeting. I have many, many questions about ST armor (or Biker Scout or any Imperial outfits).

I am close to having my Rebel Fleet Trooper done, and would also like to find out more about the fine art of trooping and possibly join you at future events. Even though I'm one of the "bad guys". ;)

BTW, do you have any binders?

OW
  17. TD0690 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have many, many questions about ST armor (or Biker Scout or any Imperial outfits).

Well I should have the answers... atleast some of them. If I can make it, I could bring my armor and blasters with me to help answer some of your questions if you'd like. :)

I am close to having my Rebel Fleet Trooper done, and would also like to find out more about the fine art of trooping and possibly join you at future events. Even though I'm one of the "bad guys".

That's cool, it's always good to have some bad guys around for target practice. ;)

BTW, do you have any binders?

Actually I don't have any binders. :( Then again, I never take any prisoners. [face_devil]
  18. EmprsHandMick Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm... too many possible responses with my just awakened at 2:30 am mind to the specific request for binders... I suppose it's best to just bite my tongue and get ready to leave on our trip.
  19. TD0690 Jedi Master

star 4
    We have another moment that needs to be put on the website! Mick shut herself up! :eek:
  20. Luketc Jedi Padawan

First off hello, I have been a long time Starwars fan but I am just getting into this aspect of it. I live here in AZ and have just started yesterday getting the parts I need for building a lightsaber. I have bought several differenty lengths and sections of chrome plumbing piping and have an initial design drawn up. It doesn't have to stay exactly like I drew it up though. I have read some web sites about making them and I am running into a little trouble. I was wondering if you all wouldn't mind me showing up to your party? I don't get off work on Saturdays till 4 so I probably wouldn't be able to make it there until at least 5 or 6.

21. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Luketc: Join up, by all means!!! I was WAY late to the last one, and they were still working when I left.

TK0690: That's OK, I'd rather go down shooting anyways. Better to take down a few more imps than get caught by their scum. ;)

(One of my best friends in Denver is a guy named faceplant, aka Dave Hoffman, Biker Scout, so I'm not really against the Empire. I want to play both sides of the fence, that's all!)
  22. TD0690 Jedi Master

star 4
    Better to take down a few more imps than get caught by their scum.

LOL! Rebel Scum like you couldn't hit the broad side of a sandcrawler! [face_laugh]

Of course, neither could Sandtroopers, those were Tusken Raiders that did that. [face_mischief]

**Looks around**

**Nobody suspects a thing** :D

23. arizonasithlord Jedi Knight

star 2
    ok does anyone know where i can get a holdster for a blaster pistol? I have a Han solo DL-44 Squirtgun... i working on an idea that will put me in a different kind of costume but itll be a few months in contruction. basically its a concept of the SpecNav troopers from the Rogue Squadron Comics. partial Storm trooper suit with some gadgets and really big guns..(mmmm Guns)
    anyone have any ideas to help
  24. Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Knight

star 3
    AZsithlord you might ask aztrooper0013. He made mine for my Mara Costume. Did a bang up job of it too. :)

Also, sorry guys. Won't be able to make the party. Got a prior commitment which I can't get out of afterall.

MJA
  25. ReporterGirl Jedi Padawan

LUKETC: I'm Jaimee Rose, a reporter for The Arizona Republic newspaper. I'm doing a story about men who are into Star Wars, and why. Loved your message about the light saber, and would like to interview you for my story. Can you call me ASAP please, at the Republic, (602) 444-8923? Thanks. Any others who read this and are from ARizona and into Star Wars toys (large or small) welcome to call as well. Thanks
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.