Lightsaber/Costume Construction Party # 3!!!!!

Discussion in 'Phoenix, AZ' started by Mobius, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeJr Jedi Knight

Hi everyone. New to the group. Was wonder what is the age group of the people going to the construction part? I have built a lightsaber, although pretty basic, and am working on a blaster rifle. I have also made a full jedi costume. Would love to hear from all of you out there.
  2. QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Knight

star 3
    most of us are in our early 20's to early 30's.
  3. EmprsHandMick Jedi Master

star 4
    Only men? or is it assumed women aren't interested in SW?
  4. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ummmm.... hello ReporterGirl. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask all Phoenix Star Wars fans (even those brand-new to our boards) to refrain from calling you for now. Deadline or not, I'd really rather that you talk to either me, Idiots Array or sideshow212 first. The three of us are in charge of the group here. You can contact any one of us via e-mail, which can be found on our profiles (click on our usernames).

While your request itself is probably not a problem, we do need to verify that you're really with the Republic first.

Thanks.
    kreleia
    Phoenix Fan Force City Rep
  5. LukeJr Jedi Knight

I understand that people are bringing their lightsabers. Are people also bringing their costumes? I have a very cool jedi costume, heavy cloak and all, that was made by a client of mine. She has kept the basic patterns,4 different sizes, and can do any changes that are requested. If anyone is interested I can give you her #.
  6. QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Knight

star 3
    You are welcome to bring any props or costumes you have. I am always interested in seeing anything fan made.
  7. Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Master

star 4
    Gonna go ahead and up this thread to remind people what's going on this weekend. :) I've got a ride (thanks, QuiGon!) so I'll be there for sure. :)
  8. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    here's some pics of our (RMFF) sabers.

[image=http://grimby.tripod.com/images/fanforce/sfmeet3.jpg]
    Left: Jedi_Pilot's lightsaber hilt
    Next: Kitarusapien's draft of his new hilt
    Right: MY saber hilt.
    Bottom: The long kendo sword type thing is Kit's as well...it really lights up and looks REALLY freakin cool.

another angle:

[image=http://grimby.tripod.com/images/fanforce/sfmeet4.jpg]
  9. Luketc Jedi Padawan

I have two questions for you, how long do these usually go for. It now appears I may not be able to get out there till 6:30 or 7:00.

My other quesion is what do you guys usually use for the main portion of the handle? I had a friend of mine machine me a really cool piece for the top, but I'm struggling to find a good main handle piece. I originally was going to use a 1 1/4 piece of chrome plumbing pipe but it seems kind of big.
  10. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Is there going to be a sewing machine there? I bought fabric for a tunic that I want to base off of Mobius's, and I'll bring it with me.

Could anyone help out a sewing illiterate?

Bad news on the RFT: I still have not received my helmet (it's supposed to ship on Sat), my blue shirts (friends are supposed to ship those, and I won't get my vest until after the 1st (pay day). So I'll be finishing up my blaster (which has had some emergency repairs and rebuilds) and the tunic referenced above. But I WILL get them all done before the line party!!!
  11. EmprsHandMick Jedi Master

star 4
    Obey, I can bring my machine again.
  12. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll be bringing my mom's sewing machine so I can finish my cloak. That won't take the entire time, so someone else is welcome to use it when I'm done.
  13. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Thank you both!!!! Woohoo!
  14. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I was planning on bringing both my machine and my serger. So, you'll have plenty of help Obey. :)

^.^
  15. Mobius FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Wow, lotsa sewing machines. I have one, too, that'll be available.

LUKETC: The party will run plenty late for you to come out for awhile. Last time we went till about 9pm, and I have the feeling that it ended that early b/c people had to work the next day(Monday).

Oh, most of us use 1 1/2" chrome plumbing pipe. There's a Home depot about 3 miles from my house, so we can make a trip, if necessary.
  16. TD0690 Jedi Master

star 4
    First I already own a lightsaber so I can't go! Now I have nothing that needs sewn! :_| What's wrong with me?

Shut up Mick! :p
  17. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Stop on by, anyway TD0690. Join us for the fun of it.
  18. TD0690 Jedi Master

star 4
    I would except I don't think I'll be able to make it today. :( Maybe next time.
  19. LukeJr Jedi Knight

LukeJr here. Is the event still going on?
  20. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    It's still going on, All!!! And it goes well. I wish I could've stayed longer, but had to run.

Many, many, many thanks to Mick for helping me with my tunic!!!!!! And thanks to Void for sharing his rivets, as well as his pshyche-eval! ;)
  21. aztrooper0013 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Greetz gang,

I would have stopped by since yer in my area, but today was "pack up the truck for SWC2" day. We got 8 troopers, 1 Vader, and 1 Fett's worth of crap loaded into a pickup successfully.

If this is still going on this evening, I might drop by to say hello....especially since the little woman's Pi$$ed at me and I may need a place to hide now that my armor isn't in the house.

And yes, making holsters is cake. Email me and I'll get with you to help, but most likely not until after SWC2.
  22. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    My wife is helping me out, as we speak, on my tunic, and it looks gooooooood!!!

//happy camper dance//
  23. aztrooper0013 Jedi Knight

star 2
    AZ Mara Jade -

Hon, Give thanks to the Sarge. Your Saber is back in working order.

I'll bring it to you next time I see you.
  24. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    1 1/4" metal sink tailpieces work great for the main handle portion. You can also use 1 1/2" pieces, but I like the smaller grip myself. You can also attach portions of the 1 1/2" piece for decoration, just depends on how fancy you wanna get.

Best part about the tailpiece is that it's CHEAP...like less than $5 I think. And unless you're really brutal with it, it's pretty durable.

For mine I used the 1 1/4" tailpiece, a 1 1/4" pipe coupler, a sink drainpiece for the emitter, and an economy showerhead for the pomel. For the grip I got some fiber conduit from work and painted it black and added a covertec type cell phone belt clip to it. I just used a dremel rotary tool for all the cutting, grinding, and drilling.

Right now I'm working on a second hilt for a friend of mine on the Denver forum, I'll post pics of that as soon as it's finished.

I got a lot of my ideas from Big Yellow Box, and just ran with them.
  25. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    by the way, no comments on the sabers in the pics? Feedback would be much appreciated. Constructive/destructive criticism welcome :).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.