main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

lightsaber craftsman

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Walrus_Dude, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walrus_Dude

Walrus_Dude Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2005
    Here's the deal. I grew up on Star Wars and now I want my kids to enjoy every aspect. Recently I bought the entire vintage figure collection piece by piece. Now I feel the need to keep them inline with a lightsaber. Anyway I am looking for some advice on where to have a sharp looking/quality saber made. I have been surfing the net & ebay with a little knowledge, but it is much more complicated than I had anticipated. What I am looking for: traditional solid hilt that has some weight to it with an evenly bright blade that is durable. Also sound. All at a reasonable price. I've looked at EL, luxeon, graflex, Parks just to name a few terms. I am lost and would like some direction please advise !!

2. BigElf-aka-TheSanta

BigElf-aka-TheSanta Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2005
    Randomsabers.com

or you could have one machined at your local metal shop.
    you just need to buy some T-6061 aluminum with a half-inch hole in down the center.

Then you can put in blades to fight with.

3. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Hello Walrus_Dude and welcome to the boards. You may want to check out Costuming and Props for more suggestions. :) I hope you find the information you are looking for.

4. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    ^Yeppers, I think that link is gonna be very helpful indeed. :cool:

Thats the forum where fellow costume makers and prop makers discuss their work. You're bound to enjoy the discussions there. :D

Check out this thread index and scroll down to light sabers. Everything about how to construct one is there. :)

Let me now welcome you to our lovely JC Forums. :D I hoep you enjoy it here with us. If you have questions, feel free to ask us here on this Welcome board. We're happy to help.

God Bless and Merry Christmas,

Blaine

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Walrus_Dude! :)

You know, you could buy one "original" lightsaber, but they are really expensive. The miniatures (.45 scales) look good also (I love them) and they are not that expensive, but I'm not sure if you like a small version of it. So I guess the link to the costum&probs board will help you the most, but maybe you can find some help also at Collecting. :)

Good luck in finding/making a good one and enjoy your stay at the boards. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.